Review Playtest Review/Preview(Review Links, Updated in First Post)

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Stances are generic. However, they talked a lot about their new animation technology which allows them to some basic IK and animation morphing, so it's quite possible that they will have different stances, trigger movements, etc. in future releases.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have a question which wasn't answered earlier on.

When you create yourself can you put yourself into the licensed ashes series?

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
While you're online Heath, I found a bug in 2007 with NRR calculation in the leagues. Fixed already or too late to do so?

Since they have revamped the code, I think those NRR calculations should have been verified or built based on their own business logic. Just my assumption though :p

My long time concern was the speed of the bowlers who doesn't belong to either Australia or England. They did say that they will be fixing for Anderson and other bowlers but I hope that there are no constraints in the license stuff here. i.e bowlers can't have their original speed for non-license teams & it will be generic. :upray If thats the case, bowlers like Steyn, Gul etc would be bowling around 120 which will be annoying! :(

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
Two more questions:

Do we have classic matches scenarios which we had in 99 and 2005 versions?

Its mentioned as Double wicket mode is available for Wii version. Will it be available for other versions (PS3,PC,XBOX) too?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

So you can include a photo of yourself and stick it on top of a pro cricketer, walk out there and smash the Aussies round the park? Wow.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Since they have revamped the code, I think those NRR calculations should have been verified or built based on their own business logic. Just my assumption though :p

My long time concern was the speed of the bowlers who doesn't belong to either Australia or England. They did say that they will be fixing for Anderson and other bowlers but I hope that there are no constraints in the license stuff here. i.e bowlers can't have their original speed for non-license teams & it will be generic. :upray If thats the case, bowlers like Steyn, Gul etc would be bowling around 120 which will be annoying! :(

I think it's highly unlikely that any bowler's speed has any sort of licence attached to it, but if it has come to that, then get a grip people! Licencing would have gone too far!

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Stances are generic. However, they talked a lot about their new animation technology which allows them to some basic IK and animation morphing, so it's quite possible that they will have different stances, trigger movements, etc. in future releases.

Can you choose how close the bowler bowls in line with the stumps? One of the things I hated about Ckt 07 was that the bowlers always ran in from wide of the stumps.

superfreddie

Club Captain
Hi guys, this is my first post, been looking through this forum for a while now.

I've can't wait for this game as I have always been a bit disappointed with previous cricket games.

I have one question about AC2009, which I hope someone can answer. When playing previous cricket games with friends and against cpu, the games usually ended up with yorkers being bowled every delivery, because it was the most likely way of getting a wicket, and it was hard to bat against, you also weren't punished for bowling it every time, as in real cricket.

Will this be rectified in the new game? I don't think this question has been answered in the forum anywhere, sorry if it has.:upray

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
We've been able to change bowling speed anyway in 2005 and 2007 (even though this is a complete rebuild!).
Don't know if creating yourself stretches as far as importing a photo rather than just modelling one ingame but I suspect not.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It would be great if they could do it. Did you ever see how good it looked in PES 09? When I did it, it was like looking at my head on top of a pro footballer's body! Even the smile was accurate (no idea how they did that, because the photo started out with no smile - it was actually a fairly intense actor's shot!)

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Hi guys, this is my first post, been looking through this forum for a while now.

I've can't wait for this game as I have always been a bit disappointed with previous cricket games.

I have one question about AC2009, which I hope someone can answer. When playing previous cricket games with friends and against cpu, the games usually ended up with yorkers being bowled every delivery, because it was the most likely way of getting a wicket, and it was hard to bat against, you also weren't punished for bowling it every time, as in real cricket.

Will this be rectified in the new game? I don't think this question has been answered in the forum anywhere, sorry if it has.:upray

Hello and welcome to the forums. I agree with you - I don't want to see any 'get a wicket every time, guaranteed' balls. There needs to be some variation, so yorkers turn into full tosses sometimes (like in real cricket).

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

We've been able to change bowling speed anyway in 2005 and 2007 (even though this is a complete rebuild!).
Don't know if creating yourself stretches as far as importing a photo rather than just modelling one ingame but I suspect not.

If the demo releases with slow bowling speeds, do you reckon you'll be able to fix it in that, so we can see how the fast bowling speeds will look in the actual game? If I see slow speeds, I'm likely to hold fire until I've read some reviews from you guys.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
If the demo releases with slow bowling speeds, do you reckon you'll be able to fix it in that, so we can see how the fast bowling speeds will look in the actual game? If I see slow speeds, I'm likely to hold fire until I've read some reviews from you guys.

I'm trying to remember if the demo usually has more than one difficulty level. I don't think they'd stick it on easy and make it unchangable as that would give a pretty poor impression of the game.

Edit: misunderstood what you were asking. Depends if there is a roster file or not to edit.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm trying to remember if the demo usually has more than one difficulty level. I don't think they'd stick it on easy and make it unchangable as that would give a pretty poor impression of the game.

Edit: misunderstood what you were asking. Depends if there is a roster file or not to edit.

Agreed, that would be daft and would certainly turn a lot of people off the game. Did you test the game, Barmy? If so, did you see any occasions where a batsman got hit on the head by a bouncer that knocked him down? Or caught one under the armpit? Or in the 'unmentionables'? :D

Users who are viewing this thread