India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's insane, I don't drive a car myself but my brother fuels around 30,000-35,000 a month, somewhat similar I guess, for my bike personally 500-600(full tank) per week is enough.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Hey sorry to quote after a long time but the fuel prices are also an issue here in US. We used to get fuel at $1.90-$2/ gallon (3.78 liters for 150 rs for Indian peeps). The price here has reached $3.85(3.78 liters for 288 rs) I know compared to India its still cheaper but I used to fill up my gas tank previously for $40 a week which is not almost $90. That is a lot of money for gas per week when you have two cars. Between myself and my wife we are spending $700 a month on fuel now!
Sorry to interfere, but the fuel prices are at 110 rs. here. Not sure what's wrong, since the crude oil is cheap compared to historic rates at which our govt. used to procure in the past. Tax on fuel has gone up which seems to be the primary reason for hike in prices.

I'm just wondering how does this work in US? Taxes on fuel, crude oil procurement etc... Quite curious.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sorry to interfere, but the fuel prices are at 110 rs. here. Not sure what's wrong, since the crude oil is cheap compared to historic rates at which our govt. used to procure in the past. Tax on fuel has gone up which seems to be the primary reason for hike in prices.

I'm just wondering how does this work in US? Taxes on fuel, crude oil procurement etc... Quite curious.
Its the same here as well. In New Jersey, out of $3.85, $0.48 per gallon is state government tax. Federal government tax is $0.18 per gallon. So if they want they can temporarily shut this tax down giving some relief to us. But its the same old thing here.. Government wants to pocket any and every tax they can. $0.66 / gallon would save me $33 per week for both the cars in turn saving me $132.

US is built for cars as there is no good local transportation except if you are in San Fransisco, New York or few other major cities. I have some of my friends who are a little elder to me who have kids who are 16-17, my cousins who have the same scenario. This means with the number of family members equals number of cars here. 4-5 cars per family. Imagine how much they might be paying on fuel per week. Obviously not all their cars drive to work like me and my wife do but its still insane.

The cost to buy dog food has increased 1.8 times. My dog's flea and tick medicine used to cost $25/pill now costs $38.90/pill. This change has happened in the last 3-8 months. Its getting so expensive.
Post automatically merged:

That's insane, I don't drive a car myself but my brother fuels around 30,000-35,000 a month, somewhat similar I guess, for my bike personally 500-600(full tank) per week is enough.
$700 + car EMI which would be around $1000 + car insurance around $200.. that is the cost of driving 2 cars in US per month!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Right, UP elections round the corner. Predictions?

Some say it will decide the trend of 2024. Honestly though, can't see anything less than a landslide victory for BJP. Lots and lots of praise for Yogi in the social media.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Oh boy! With Kohli's statement yesterday regarding Shami and the loss against NZ, should I be expecting trending tags against him in social media by tomorrow? Pure canon fodder for the trolls.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
So, promise has been made to repeal the laws.

UP election effect? Or in other words, have ensured a win in UP? I doubt they were in danger though....

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
So, promise has been made to repeal the laws.

UP election effect? Or in other words, have ensured a win in UP? I doubt they were in danger though....
Most probably. The pre-poll survey showed SP gaining 150 seats, reducing the numbers for BJP. Though they would've still won it, the parliamentary elections and Rajya Sabha Elections will be crucial for which the upcoming election would be a foundation.

Since it's clear why they are taking back the laws, it's an embarrassment for the government. They had the entire cabinet talk positives about these laws and also had it passed in all BJP ruled states. But the lives lost during the protest is all on the government for being so arrogant and adamant to not repeal these laws last year itself. Maybe, we could've saved the farmers who got killed during protest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread