Post your questions about the game here!

pickledyoda

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Playing on Xbox I was recently made captain, which finally gave me a chance to bowl my pies (player is a pure batsman)... but if I 'simulate to career player' between overs, after 4 to 5 overs I'll be mysteriously taken out of the bowling attack.

Is this a bug, or is there something I can do to keep bowling?

underdog642

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi all.

I purchased this game off Steam two days ago but some of the display elements appear to be missing. When I am bowling I don't see the on screen graphic for selecting the delivery type, and when I'm batting I don't get the shot type selector either.Screenshot (94).png

As far as I know I am playing on Amateur difficulty and have all the settings correct but I could be wrong.

Also have no idea how to get the ball to stay on line, I always end up bowling way down legside and get picked off.

See attached screenshot

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Is fatigue level affecting the power of the shot for a batsman as in if the fatigue is high enough does it have an impact for even a well timed shot not reaching the boundary??

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is fatigue level affecting the power of the shot for a batsman as in if the fatigue is high enough does it have an impact for even a well timed shot not reaching the boundary??
Yes, the higher the fatigue, the less power you will place on the ball when batting (you'll still be able to hit boundaries however).

zaff4444

Club Captain
Is there an option/way how i can restart my custom made team xp to -0-?

underdog642

School Cricketer
Thanks for the answer to my previous question MattW

Does anyone else have a problem with the AI dropping catches. When I was batting I hit about 20 edges to first and second slip and they dropped it every time. Not sure that's very realistic and probably explains why I got a score of 359 without really knowing what I was doing.

Bowling has got better for me. I've turned off the assistance meters and am just waiting for the beeps before delivering the ball. For the most part, I keep it on line now, but have a problem with right handed bowlers delivering to left handed batsmans and vice versa. If the bowler and batsman are the same hand dominant it's not too bad.

Also, wondering if there's a way to keep a field that I've tweaked set up. I made a couple of changes to a default field within the match but I keep having to do it again at the end of each over.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thanks for the answer to my previous question MattW

Does anyone else have a problem with the AI dropping catches. When I was batting I hit about 20 edges to first and second slip and they dropped it every time. Not sure that's very realistic and probably explains why I got a score of 359 without really knowing what I was doing.

Bowling has got better for me. I've turned off the assistance meters and am just waiting for the beeps before delivering the ball. For the most part, I keep it on line now, but have a problem with right handed bowlers delivering to left handed batsmans and vice versa. If the bowler and batsman are the same hand dominant it's not too bad.

Also, wondering if there's a way to keep a field that I've tweaked set up. I made a couple of changes to a default field within the match but I keep having to do it again at the end of each over.

I rarely see AI dropping catches, especially behind the wickets. In my case nearly every edge is invariably snaffled by the wkt keeper or slips. Even gully and point fielders are no slouches. Bowler is the only fielder which drops caught & bowleds but it's good he does that else you will find it tough to put up decent scores on the board.

AshleyWilliam

Banned
Yes, the higher the fatigue, the less power you will place on the ball when batting (you'll still be able to hit boundaries however).

Good in theory, but batsmen fatigue hardly moves even after playing long innings in hot conditions.

I made a test match 100 off 188 balls at Melbourne with long boundaries, running mostly twos and threes and my fatigue hardly rose at all. I think this needs to be tweaked.

Sourabh007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
why wicket keeper did not take a helmet to keep wicket ? It is very bad to see that a wicket keeper without a helmet always .

Users who are viewing this thread