Post your questions about the game here!

There is a problem with internet provider.. When I try to play the game in offline, it is saying that it is impossible to play the game without internet connection.. Then what is the use of buying the game.. If there is no internet, how can I play the game? Please show me the solution Ross.. I post a screenshot of my problem..View attachment 132625
You need internet connection to start the game. As soon as the game passes the internet check, which takes place before you reach the main menu, you can play offline until you close the game. Basically, you need one server side check per session.

There is a problem with internet provider.. When I try to play the game in offline, it is saying that it is impossible to play the game without internet connection.. Then what is the use of buying the game.. If there is no internet, how can I play the game? Please show me the solution Ross.. I post a screenshot of my problem..View attachment 132625
The net connection to start the game has been done to make the pirates go away...You just need to start the game online after the menu comes you can go back to offline and play as much as you want....

I swear the AI must be edging it for giggles in the soak tests (or whatever they want to call theirs), because all their balance changes seem to have done nothing to sort the problem, and when it has it seems to get "fixed" to less edges later. I don't get it, it's like Football Manager's fetish for injuries. They seem to have balanced human batting quite nicely, the issue is the AI, and that really is the hard part of any game, but they really do need to be tweaked (as does their running, they are too conservative). It'll be interesting to see how things are after the big patch. They've done a magnificent job overall so far, so I guess it's just a matter of faith and patience that they'll sort the issue.

I must be in a minority here but I don't see a big problem with the edge frequency playing on pro. I usually get 4 or 5 edges caught by the keeper and slips per innings plus the odd drop. I even manage to get a few top edges to the keeper by bowling bouncers. I like that I can bowl to plans and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I wouldn't want this to become an EA cricket where you pitch up, swing away and get a wicket. It would be nice to see a few edges flying over the slips or not carrying but then I can see the posts that would follow that such as 'I had 10 edges and only 2 were caught, this needs changing' etc etc. I do edge it more than the AI but that's me making bad shot choices, and I have to say I always enjoy it when I try and cut a ball that's too close and top edge to the keeper, it feels right as that's how I usually get myself out for real!

I'm sure some balancing would make a great game even better. AI running should be more aggressive and a few less caught mid on and mid off, especially from spinners, would be nice but bowling should be hard work and it shouldn't be easy to get edges and wickets. I guess what I'm saying is be careful what you wish for.

I must be in a minority here but I don't see a big problem with the edge frequency playing on pro. I usually get 4 or 5 edges caught by the keeper and slips per innings plus the odd drop. I even manage to get a few top edges to the keeper by bowling bouncers. I like that I can bowl to plans and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I wouldn't want this to become an EA cricket where you pitch up, swing away and get a wicket. It would be nice to see a few edges flying over the slips or not carrying but then I can see the posts that would follow that such as 'I had 10 edges and only 2 were caught, this needs changing' etc etc. I do edge it more than the AI but that's me making bad shot choices, and I have to say I always enjoy it when I try and cut a ball that's too close and top edge to the keeper, it feels right as that's how I usually get myself out for real!

I'm sure some balancing would make a great game even better. AI running should be more aggressive and a few less caught mid on and mid off, especially from spinners, would be nice but bowling should be hard work and it shouldn't be easy to get edges and wickets. I guess what I'm saying is be careful what you wish for.

I get plenty of them on T20 and shorter forms in general. In tests (and on the higher difficulties) is where the problems seem to appear. It's not a matter of needing edges to appear comically frequently, but rather a case that the edge frequency in the long forms of the game appears a bit off, especially when the AI tends to get out much easier to other dismissal types.

I do agree with you as to, if they change the edge frequency, people will complain it is to easy to bowl out the AI for low scores. I'm on ps3 and I must say that the batting part of the game on pro is pretty close to realistic. It isn't easy to bat at over 6 an over for 50 overs. Spinners in particular is hard to smash around. This is already by far the best cricket game ever. I am just scared that they tweak to many things and the experience is less fun than currently. I do bat for both teams and doesn't bowl, but that is just the way I enjoy playing the game.

is patch 3 last patch from BA for dbc 14?

Is it possible to hit flight spin for boundaries in DBC14?

I want to get the PC version just for mods but I have never done it before so obviously I want to see how difficult it is to mod, am I able to mod uniforms in the demo version?

I want to get the PC version just for mods but I have never done it before so obviously I want to see how difficult it is to mod, am I able to mod uniforms in the demo version?
Before DBC I had never installed a mod before in my life but now I can do it with relative ease. If you have any issues just ask and someone will help. The PC version is definitely worth getting :)

Users who are viewing this thread