Post your questions about the game here!

I know batting controls haven't been disclosed yet but can you confirm that batsmen can a) leave the ball and b) duck?

I am 99.99999% confident that there will be at least one button for ducking/leaving. Maybe if the triggers are for shot power/height and the analogue sticks are for foot and bat direction, if you just pressed the joysticks down but nothing on the triggers you will duck?

I can't remember... is it true that none of the Codemasters/Transmission games since 2005 have had a leave button?

It was so unrealistic that the batsman would do a super-fast leave after the ball has past the stumps.

I know batting controls haven't been disclosed yet but can you confirm that batsmen can a) leave the ball and b) duck?

Yes, Yes.

People on here are going to need the second one.... a lot! :)

Was there one in BLIC 2005? Didn't they have a bodyline classic match? Bit hard to handle bodyline if you can't duck.

Was there one in BLIC 2005? Didn't they have a bodyline classic match? Bit hard to handle bodyline if you can't duck.

There wasn't. There was an auto-duck/leave if you ran out of time to play the shot, but sadly by the time you ran out of time, you were also out of time to get out the way of it.
CLONK.

Yes, Yes.

People on here are going to need the second one.... a lot! :)

Hi, not sure if this has been answered, but does leaving the ball have positive ramifications for a batsman's confidence?

An opening batsman in the longer form of cricket will leave the ball early as much as they can to wear the shine off the ball and get, get their eye in and tire the bowlers. Has a similar ethos been implemented in the game?

Thanks mate

----------

Have just heard about this game, and read through the 'what we know' list - if all of those features are done well this sounds like an incredible game.

My question for Ross: in my opinion, the biggest issue with past cricket games is the balance between risk and reward for big shots. In one of the EA Sports games, charging and going for a lofted shot down the ground would result in a 6 or 4 virtually every ball. In another game, an all-out-attack-every-ball strategy may result in wickets, but still scoring as such a ridiculous run rate that you'd win easily anyway. On the flip side, in test matches in Shane Warne cricket, I remember bowling in the same spot with a spinner every ball, with a result of a block or wicket every time. In one game, with the difficulty turned up, the AI would basically go for a big shot every time and normally pull it off, while a human couldn't.

You've mentioned you're attempting to have the AI result in realistic run rates, there is a momentum factor, and there are so many factors involved that every ball is completely different. But are you confident that these (and are there other reasons?) eliminate the chance that you may suddenly find a trick that lets you hit every ball for a boundary, or tie up the batsmen when bowling - completely killing the game?

Would be great to see this question addressed. Historically these factors have been a game killing cancer present in virtually every cricket game ever made (with the exception of ICC), only treatable by extensive modding. Overcoming these issues is essential to having a quality game.

There wasn't. There was an auto-duck/leave if you ran out of time to play the shot, but sadly by the time you ran out of time, you were also out of time to get out the way of it.
CLONK.

Hahahahahahaha

----------

Followed by the commentators attacking you for it.

and dont forget your confidence decreasing as well.

Hi, not sure if this has been answered, but does leaving the ball have positive ramifications for a batsman's confidence?

An opening batsman in the longer form of cricket will leave the ball early as much as they can to wear the shine off the ball and get, get their eye in and tire the bowlers. Has a similar ethos been implemented in the game?

I was about to ask this today. You beat me to it. Inputs, Ross?

Is the BARS similar to DRS in the sense that LBW decisions will be favourable to umpire decisions?? [If a LBW decision is given out by the umpire the will the decision be called as "Umpire's call" on hitting the stumps by just an inch].....If yes would be frustrating for sure.....:)

Users who are viewing this thread