Post your questions about the game here!

Just Remember though guys, Ross hasn't said anything has changed so in my opinion it is still safe to assume that the game will release this year based on that alone?

Ross wouldn't want to let the assumption that the game is releasing this year go on for too long if it isn't, so I'm still staying positive.

That being said, I can see why some of us her think it isn't coming this year, as disappointing as that would be, I guess another month or two can't hurt.

If DB does come out soon, I think the biggest problem for Ross is the slow initial buying by people, AC has poisoned the water as we know, and other that the 10% of the market represented here on PC I can't see the masses rushing out to buy a cricket game, that said hopefully it will get some great reviews and by word of mouth it will start to pick up sales and gradually build up a healthy following. The only thing I would like to comment on in regards to Ross's strategy(please take into account I don't know any inside information within bigant) is WHY Ross if you knew just how bad it was in June, and you had a feeling it would be this bad, didn't you get DB out before AC had the chance to stink up the place? In hindsight do you wish you had done so, because your game being released would have made it nigh on impossible for 505 to have done this, and even if they did, it wouldn't have affected you or the market at all

All said with 20-20 hindsight.

How much warning did you have that it was on Steam? If we gave two weeks notice they could have beat us out.

How bad did you think it was? No way this bad.

I take risks all the time but I'd be gambling with our entire Cricket investment on mere hunches to do as you've said.

Were you expecting the steam release ross or did it take you by surprise?

To release at all was a surprise as I knew the game was bad in June.

If they were to release it then I had assumed they would improve it, still not good enough to release, but better.

If DB does come out soon, I think the biggest problem for Ross is the slow initial buying by people, AC has poisoned the water as we know, and other that the 10% of the market represented here on PC I can't see the masses rushing out to buy a cricket game, that said hopefully it will get some great reviews and by word of mouth it will start to pick up sales and gradually build up a healthy following. The only thing I would like to comment on in regards to Ross's strategy(please take into account I don't know any inside information within bigant) is WHY Ross if you knew just how bad it was in June, and you had a feeling it would be this bad, didn't you get DB out before AC had the chance to stink up the place? In hindsight do you wish you had done so, because your game being released would have made it nigh on impossible for 505 to have done this, and even if they did, it wouldn't have affected you or the market at all

I think if Australia continue to carve it up in the Adelaide test, the interest will be there for a cricket game. There always seems to be a buzz about cricket in the Australian summer, particularly for the Ashes. But it won't be going out to the shops with the intent of buying it, it will be people going out, seeing the game and going, "Actually yeah, I wouldn't mind having a cricket game and this looks sick." This is just in Australia though, can't imagine too many in the UK will want to get it if the interest isn't there.

How much warning did you have that it was on Steam? If we gave two weeks notice they could have beat us out.

I take risks all the time but I'd be gambling with our entire Cricket investment on mere hunches to do as you've said.

This post sums it up so well. We found out about the game, what, 4 days before release? No one saw it coming.

of course, Ross and BA would have a contingency plan if (probably as they expected) AC2013 had the negative effect they thought it would and was as bad as they thought it would be. Im sure we'll all know more soon.

of course, Ross and BA would have a contingency plan if (probably as they expected) AC2013 had the negative effect they thought it would and was as bad as they thought it would be. Im sure we'll all know more soon.

It's worse than they thought it would be.

At the end of the day, 2013 would still be the most advantageous time for release. I don't think a first half of 2014 release would have anywhere near as much sales in Australia, can't comment on other areas. The next best time for release in Australia, if not December 2013 or January 2014, would be November 2014. It all depends on the retailers, who are quite clearly the problems at this stage.

Can see your point but a great trailor and marketing a week after play session and a release date would've made it impossible for them to release it, I understand you thought it couldn't possible be as bad as it was, but you yourself had said on numerous occasions that DB was the best cricket game ever, so what does it matter about AC releasing before you, I've been on team bigant from June, wouldn't buy AC due to how they treat people. I just can't understand the reasoning, they can't stink up the market if you'd already put it out and the world could've seen how good DB is.its pretty obvious that AC was gonna be poor considering the lack of assets etc, i had been convinced all along it was gonna be garbage, and I wasnt alone,hindsight had nowt to do with it, however hindsight does show you've dropped a clanger.

To release at all was a surprise as I knew the game was bad in June.

If they were to release it then I had assumed they would improve it, still not good enough to release, but better.

I feel that they started making the game in july.It is worse than EA cricket 2000.I think doors are open for DB14 to release it.isnt it ross?.can we expect announcement in November?.

I think if Australia continue to carve it up in the Adelaide test, the interest will be there for a cricket game. There always seems to be a buzz about cricket in the Australian summer, particularly for the Ashes. But it won't be going out to the shops with the intent of buying it, it will be people going out, seeing the game and going, "Actually yeah, I wouldn't mind having a cricket game and this looks sick." This is just in Australia though, can't imagine too many in the UK will want to get it if the interest isn't there.

They'll always be interest in cricket no matter how England are doing, anyone who is old enough to have grown up through the 90s will testify that, we lost to just about everyone, we were garbage, but people still watched, listened to or played the game, if we do happen to lose this series, having a game where we can reverse our fortunes will be very welcome!!!!

December is known to be a month of spending (buying spree),,,January is a very slow month of the year incl. Feb, budgets are tight around these months, I've never bought a new game around this time, unless its pre-played and the price is reasonably low.

By saying that, I don't think it'll be ideal to release around those months, so I'd rule out the release on those two months,,,The Time is Now, 2013

December is known to be a month of spending (buying spree),,,January is a very slow month of the year incl. Feb, budgets are tight around these months, I've never bought a new game around this time, unless its pre-played and the price is reasonably low.

By saying that, I don't think it'll be ideal to release around those months, so I'd rule out the release on those two months,,,The Time is Now, 2013

Chrismis Gift :)

Users who are viewing this thread