Post your questions about the game here!

balkeet

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anybody used the advance button to play a well timed shot? I get late miss mostly.

umosay

Club Captain
Has anybody used the advance button to play a well timed shot? I get late miss mostly.

I think it's a bit underpowered/underused at the moment. Seems like it's only there to attack spinners in the air.

itzeddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
The trick to the advance button believe it or not is to do it as you hear the beep...that's pretty much what an advanced shot is, taking a chance.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, it's totally a premeditated shot...

balkeet

International Coach
It would be good to have the option of dabbing the ball after advancing to a spinner to negate the turn and bounce.

wrick3000

Club Captain
Serious question regarding Rumbling of XBOX 360 control.
Ross, the pad rumbles sometimes vigorously and sometimes slowly in a random manner. It sometimes vibrates when I time the ball with red circle ideally. Or play the ball with yellow circle late.
I am not sure but the sound of the edge seems to be coming from the controller, but it is not vibrating.
Am I the only one with the problem?

----------

Try the advanced shots only for spin or medium pace. And for fun try the advanced shot against spin in pro cam. It is a treat.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach

Yup. For fast bowling pre meditate and advance simultaneously as it releases. You will mostly miss if you end up outside the line but would have the highest chances of hitting it if you are inside the line and power it to the off side. Flicking to leg is possible and have done it at ideal timing but only once. All others hit my pad.
For spinners its easy to know your line but hard to hit it for six(harder modes) it goes very flat. Here you need to wait for the ball to release and after say a maximum of 1 second advance.
At Rookie level you will notice the ball rocketing to the roof.
Always try a particular shot with the marker initially to know your options for that length.

I think the marker will be really useful in career mode. When you get out for a certain delivery and set it at the nets and rectify your mistake.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Obviously you have never watched t20 cricket then?

Gayle and Pietersen are two players who advance frequently.

Gozmit

Club Captain
Obviously you have never watched t20 cricket then?

Gayle and Pietersen are two players who advance frequently.

advancing and moving a foot around are 2 different things :lol

and more over specifying ,how u can advance to a fast bowler before he bowled,referring to net session in CA,advance shot to be played after the beep and before ball is delivered from machine to connect ,which is unrealistic .

Last edited:

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
It was mentioned in another thread about Lyons ball to Swann today which hit a crack and deviated massively. Have variable bounce and freak balls from hitting cracks been included in the game at all?

Users who are viewing this thread