Post your questions about the game here!

One more issue. My footwork is always poor even though i follow the onscreen instruction. What am i doing wrong ?

I had the same problem. Just press the LT button along with moving up, this should suffice.

Waiting For Exit issue

Hello Dear All,

I have installed the DBC 14 PC version its been running fine except just one isse. When the match ends screen stucks on 'Waiting for Exit'. I have to close the game by ALT+4 and due to which i can't have my stats saved..

Any Solution for that ??

thanks

I have installed the DBC 14 PC version its been running fine except just one isse. When the match ends screen stucks on 'Waiting for Exit'. I have to close the game by ALT+4 and due to which i can't have my stats saved..
Does Steam stay open after you close the game?

First impressions and ideas

Just got this on PC on release, and wow I'm loving this game. Definitely the best cricket game I've played on PC.

Some thoughts:
- I like that batting requires some concentration. The game is punishing me for being slog happy - I feel a bit Warner-esque in my batsmen's ability to come in for a quick 20 of 8 balls and get out foolishly!
- I enjoy the bowling mechanics, the feel of variations is pretty good. I like that the normal break / googly (doosra) are angled on the left stick in the way they will turn.

Some ideas:
- the tutorial mode is a bit buried. Should label the "practice - on field" more obviously as a tutorial mode. Once I found this it made the game so much easier - I hadnt seen a tutorial so just jumped straight into the game, and found both bowling and batting quite difficult.
- there should be a visual representation on the screen of which delivery you choose. Like a translucent version of the "radar" in the manual which flashes depending on where you are placing the left stick, and then flashes to confirm which delivery you choose. I understand not having an on-screen representation for split-screen games but who does that on a PC? I have had to print off the relevant parts of the manual to remember all the variations, although I don't have to refer to it for most. Same for batting although perhaps more just for feedback of shot selection to confirm what you did, since the position is pretty much just where about on the pitch you want to hit it.
- in career mode, the skill stat increases are a little buggy. I often get an increase in a stat that I wasnt using. It is most noticeable when playing a cut shot / late cut - I get a skill boost for on-side every time. What's with that!

But thats for only defensive shot. What about others ?

I think you should go through the manual thoroughly, this game requires a huge amount of practice, especially in batting.

No player statistic/attribute on player selection screen?

Am I missing something or there is no player attribute/statistics information on the player selection screen? How are we suppose to pick a player without know what type of player he is? All I can find is small icons indicating whether a player is a bowler or batsman but how am I supposed to know whether a bowler is a spinner or a fast bowler or if a batsman is an aggressive player or defensive player?

Xbox 360 Modding...

Hope this is of some help...

I've done some research asking people who edit Pro Evolution Soccer for the xbox 360...

If Big Ant were able to upload a con file to the game as a data pack (doesn't need to be a massive file, maybe could just have a few dummy files or just tweak 1 or 2 kits that update in game that give us an idea what we can edit), we can then take this con file, insert new textures in to it and assign them to the teams/bats etc and then using horizon rehash/resign the file.

This is how modding in PES has worked on xbox last year and there's some truly brilliant results. Obviously we'd need to understand which files to edit the textures on and how to read/edit them.

Just wanted to put that forward.

Cheers

DBC 14 PC bowling mod?

I hate the bowling system in DBC 14! :noway
Is there a bowling mod for DBC 14 that has a bowling system similar to EASports Cricket 07.

Thanks.

I hate the bowling system in DBC 14! :noway
Is there a bowling mod for DBC 14 that has a bowling system similar to EASports Cricket 07.

Thanks.
Bowling is brilliant
Just practise more and you will find it gets easier

Doubt you will ever get a mod you want

Little help over here guys !!!

Hello guys, I'm a Batting-Leg spinning all rounder, so far I've played 4 First class matches with 30 wickets at average of 15(bowling) and batting average of 12. My question is, When do i get a call up to my national team ? Since I'm an all rounder do I have to perform well with bat and ball ? or Do I get called up if Im doing well at only bowling ? Thank you

@BigAntStudios Any particular reason why the Batsman Strike Rate & Bowler Strike Rate & Economy Rate along with Number of 06 & 04 are not there in this game? Cricket is a game of statistics and it hold a very special place for this particular sport. I mean is it a deliberate design issue? Is there any chance of the detail statistics getting included in any forthcoming Patch (Patch-3)

Whenever im playing a straight drive im hitting it straight to the bowler on the up, who is almost always dropping it, all my straight drives even the ones that go for 4's seem to be on the up till they cross the pitch, how to hit the straight drive that hits the pitch and then bounds off?

Just got this on PC on release, and wow I'm loving this game. Definitely the best cricket game I've played on PC.

Some thoughts:
- I like that batting requires some concentration. The game is punishing me for being slog happy - I feel a bit Warner-esque in my batsmen's ability to come in for a quick 20 of 8 balls and get out foolishly!
- I enjoy the bowling mechanics, the feel of variations is pretty good. I like that the normal break / googly (doosra) are angled on the left stick in the way they will turn.

Some ideas:
- the tutorial mode is a bit buried. Should label the "practice - on field" more obviously as a tutorial mode. Once I found this it made the game so much easier - I hadnt seen a tutorial so just jumped straight into the game, and found both bowling and batting quite difficult.
- there should be a visual representation on the screen of which delivery you choose. Like a translucent version of the "radar" in the manual which flashes depending on where you are placing the left stick, and then flashes to confirm which delivery you choose. I understand not having an on-screen representation for split-screen games but who does that on a PC? I have had to print off the relevant parts of the manual to remember all the variations, although I don't have to refer to it for most. Same for batting although perhaps more just for feedback of shot selection to confirm what you did, since the position is pretty much just where about on the pitch you want to hit it.
- in career mode, the skill stat increases are a little buggy. I often get an increase in a stat that I wasnt using. It is most noticeable when playing a cut shot / late cut - I get a skill boost for on-side every time. What's with that!

totally agree with u , the tutorial mode is very basic. should be more advance.

Users who are viewing this thread