Post your questions about the game here!

Yes you are right. At the start of career, leg break option does a off spin perhaps coz leg-break skill is poor. At the moment my leg-break skill is half full and it is starting to do leg spin over then wicket albeit very less, expecting it to increase once leg-break bar is full. Earlier I used flight+drift option for leg break over the wicket as it does leg spin from the start of career.

ok....but it should stand to reason that as a wrist spinner (I hate that term!) I should be able to bowl a leg break over the wicket. Sometimes its almost an off break! At the moment, I just bowl loads of drifts to get edges etc. with the odd top spinner too, but always around the wicket, making LBW really hard

Yes you are right. At the start of career, leg break option does a off spin perhaps coz leg-break skill is poor. At the moment my leg-break skill is half full and it is starting to do leg spin over then wicket albeit very less, expecting it to increase once leg-break bar is full. Earlier I used flight+drift option for leg break over the wicket as it does leg spin from the start of career.

Ive started 4 different all rounder careers. I cant count the 1000's of overs of right arm leg spin ive bowled.

I have never seen a single leg break turn into a rh batsman, it just doesnt happen. Granted it doesnt turn much the other way but it does 100% of the time spin right to left. Regardless of what side of the stumps you bowl it from.

Are you saying that when you look at the slow mo it shows the ball spinning clockwise? Or that it does a physics defying move on the bounce?

Either way, never seen it.

Ive started 4 different all rounder careers. I cant count the 1000's of overs of right arm leg spin ive bowled.

I have never seen a single leg break turn into a rh batsman, it just doesnt happen. Granted it doesnt turn much the other way but it does 100% of the time spin right to left. Regardless of what side of the stumps you bowl it from.

Are you saying that when you look at the slow mo it shows the ball spinning clockwise? Or that it does a physics defying move on the bounce?

Either way, never seen it.

Thanks!

Yes I have seen a physics defying ball, where I have bowled 3 in a row, selected leg break, bowled "perfectly" (I don;t normally use the assist, but just wanted to check I wasn't being a clown!), and the ball has turned into the batsmen. Only slightly I must add. I have yet to bowl a ball over the wicket where the ball significantly turns away, as it should, from the batsmen.

I have tried 2 different controllers.

This is more a question about the LBW law just so I can clear things up.

I bowled a ball that went outside the middle line on the leg side but swung back in and was plumb in the middle, but wasn't out? Any reason why?

Thanks!

Yes I have seen a physics defying ball, where I have bowled 3 in a row, selected leg break, bowled "perfectly" (I don;t normally use the assist, but just wanted to check I wasn't being a clown!), and the ball has turned into the batsmen. Only slightly I must add. I have yet to bowl a ball over the wicket where the ball significantly turns away, as it should, from the batsmen.

I have tried 2 different controllers.

The visible turn on leg break is no good but the amount of wickets I take with it seems like it turns like crazy. It will never do much even at 3000 rpm, however its still super eeffective

This is more a question about the LBW law just so I can clear things up.

I bowled a ball that went outside the middle line on the leg side but swung back in and was plumb in the middle, but wasn't out? Any reason why?

Pitching outside leg stump is not out

The visible turn on leg break is no good but the amount of wickets I take with it seems like it turns like crazy. It will never do much even at 3000 rpm, however its still super eeffective

Pitching outside leg stump is not out

I guess I'm only on lower skills, but thanks for your post mate

It's people like you that enable us to even consider supporting sales in India.

It's people like you that give me faith that there might be a future in India for software.

You have my respect.

And here I am, waiting to refill my pocket money after I put my 6K that I saved up for this onto a short film project I'm making. I play cricket for my college and I could watch a Test match all day long without moving an inch. Cricket means that much to me and imagine how excited I would be to play this game! The two month delay for PC was a bit devastating and now I'm waiting even after it has released.
The way you and a few others here give reasons about pirating and then getting an original triggers me to ask, do people like me seem like an idiot to you?
Whether you pirate games or not is your inability/ability to think straight but coming up here boasting about it and stating you are being honest is a complete disgrace to the others. Just DON'T.

Wow, this forum is full of angels it seems. Please understand I am a normal human being, I buy Games, Movies, software in a chunk, infact much more than most of you. I like to support the publisher, developer, movie studios IF I see value and can afford it. I can bet half of the people saying big things here, pirate movies. Also I do not buy just 1 game, that I will save up and buy. I have loads of games, so when a game is simply overpriced I boycott it.

Do understand, the Dev is not losing money because I would have not bought it anyhow at their markup price. But people like me are an opportunity for developers, by pricing it right you can convert a part of pirates into your customer. That is why Steam is a success, I have over a hundred games in steam (and almost none from Origin, because they are mostly overpriced), and out of the high and mighty of these forum, how many of you guyz download movies/music???

See, this is how many movies I have bought in real in Original Blu-Ray, Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray collection. Similarly I have a collection of DVD's.

And Big Antt, take it in a positive note, if you cannot I would say your loss. Price it right and you would get sales here in India.

Last edited:
Wow, this forum is full of angels it seems. Please understand I am a normal human being, I buy Games, Movies, software in a chunk, infact much more than most of you. I like to support the publisher, developer, movie studios IF I see value and can afford it. I can bet half of the people saying big things here, pirate movies. Also I do not buy just 1 game, that I will save up and buy. I have loads of games, so when a game is simply overpriced I boycott it.

Do understand, the Dev is not losing money because I would have not bought it anyhow at their markup price. But people like me are an opportunity for developers, by pricing it right you can convert a part of pirates into your customer. That is why Steam is a success, I have over a hundred games in steam (and almost none from Origin, because they are mostly overpriced), and out of the high and mighty of these forum, how many of you guyz download movies/music???

See, this is how many movies I have bought in real in Original Blu-Ray, Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray collection. Similarly I have a collection of DVD's.

And Big Antt, take it in a positive note, if you cannot I would say your loss. Price it right and you would get sales here in India.

Nice story, however, again, I would point out that people pirate $1 apps, it's got little to do with price but more to do with the idea that theft of software is OK.

If people purchased the goods then they would get more local content in the game as dev/publishers would support those that support them.

Nice story, however, again, I would point out that people pirate $1 apps, it's got little to do with price but more to do with the idea that theft of software is OK.

If people purchased the goods then they would get more local content in the game as dev/publishers would support those that support them.

Then that is not your target demo-graph anyhow. And no result will be achieved by boiling your blood over thinking how much loss you made by seeing the number of people downloading the pirated game. You should rather think of ways to convert those back into legitimate user.

But there are still I would like to believe a majority of people, who are willing to pay a more reasonable price. Though, I also understand if you may not think it to be a good idea to have different pricing in this global economy.

Then that is not your target demo-graph anyhow. And no result will be achieved by boiling your blood over thinking how much loss you made by seeing the number of people downloading the pirated game. You should rather think of ways to convert those back into legitimate user.

But there are still I would like to believe a majority of people, who are willing to pay a more reasonable price. Though, I also understand if you may not think it to be a good idea to have different pricing in this global economy.

The issue if I heard right was that the price is pinned to the Australian price. The game is bargain basement for Australia in terms of price, any lower and they've basically being ruining profitability from one of their major markets in order to compete somewhere where piracy seems to be a major issue.

Big Ant aren't some giant developer that people can go: "Oh, those greedy monsters, how dare they overcharge me", they are a small developer in comparison and are actually making a cricket game, which is an extremely niche market and something that is fragile enough that these kinds of issues could sink it for another half a decade, if not more. Even if you are going to be scum to other companies, if you want to see more games like this one in the future, buy the damn game!

General question here guys...

On PS3, is there a button I could press where I could duck a bouncer?
I know patch 2 introduced the x button to leave a delivery if it's outside off stump. But to duck a bouncer, is it possible?

General question here guys...

On PS3, is there a button I could press where I could duck a bouncer?
I know patch 2 introduced the x button to leave a delivery if it's outside off stump. But to duck a bouncer, is it possible?
The 'leave' is context sensitive. So if you pull the left stick down, you will duck.

The 'leave' is context sensitive. So if you pull the left stick down, you will duck.

You can also pad up using it and using the foot controls towards the ball. Not a great idea in many cases, but can have it's uses.

Apart from being a bit annoying to change the thumb position so quickly, the leave controls are fantastic. Sadly pressing in the stick isn't great either for that either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread