Post your questions about the game here!

Must've had me set as the umpire in the game, because i'd still give it out. On your bike.
By which you mean you're on your bike because that decision just got you fired from your international umpiring duties. Welcome back to officiating county 2nd XI games!

Last edited:
Nope, that's not how it works. In case ball hitting the batsman outside off was umpire's call then the call should have stood as is. But it was clear that the ball hit the batsman outside off so the call should've been reversed. If this call wasn't reversed that's a bug.

Exactly, that is what I thought and that's why I took the screenshot. I definitely (100%) played shot, so under the circumstances I reviewed, it should have been over turned and given as NOT OUT. I too think its a bug...

Exactly, that is what I thought and that's why I took the screenshot. I definitely (100%) played shot, so under the circumstances I reviewed, it should have been over turned and given as NOT OUT. I too think its a bug...
Its definitely a bug or the 3rd umpire is Steve Bucknor...;)

My guess is the parameters between displaying impact outside off and considering it umpires call for the purposes of decision making may be out of sync. So the game displayed outside off but the decision rules said umpires call.

Pure speculation...

Not sure if this has been asked before or is it too late to ask this. The "Fly Slip" fielder for Fast bowlers stands well outside the circle and in one of my match reached magically till boundary for a certain four and caught it. It resembles more like a "Short Third Man" standing outside. Is this the obvious behavior.

This has been like this since day one , and I honestly cannot tell you why its like this . Couple to the runspeed of your fielders , it effectively patrolls the 3rd man region almost up to the boundary line.

Same like the Guy standing right under the sightscreen , that serves to cover both Long On and Long Off .

Would really pay money for this to be fixed in a patch....

So the game displayed outside off but the decision rules said umpires call.

Putting my serious hat on (It's blue) Having played quite a bit of online this error is reasonably common and it's just down to the connection lag between the two players. Used to happen with nicks behind that you can't review (unless this has been patched?) because the game thought you are appealing for an LBW. It's just an online oddity, occasionally what you see at your end, isn't what the player on the other end can see. I get it quite a bit with run-outs where I see the fielder not moving, but Matt will have thrown the ball and run me out by the time the game catches up.

Unless the moon aligns with Venus and you get a stable connection, there's always inconsistencies with the online experience, unfortunately. When it's great, it's amazing... when it's bad, it's slipping in vomit on a rainy day.

If i want to format my laptop, and reinstall OS, then how do I install the game again?
I don't have to re-purschase it, right?

Just re-download Steam and then your list of "owned" games lives in the cloud. You just have to download it again. I would strongly suggest backing up your saved game profile before any of that.

Just re-download Steam and then your list of "owned" games lives in the cloud. You just have to download it again. I would strongly suggest backing up your saved game profile before any of that.

yeah, i did this yesterday.

@sid8491 if you're installing Windows10, you might want to make sure you install Chrome and set it as default browser - Steam wouldn't download anything until i did this. I have literally no idea why this is the case.

Steam uses its own internal web browser so doesn't have a reliance on what browser you use.

It is likely a coincidence, or something to do with your proxy settings.

Also, Firefox > Chrome.

Steam uses its own internal web browser so doesn't have a reliance on what browser you use.

It is likely a coincidence, or something to do with your proxy settings.

Also, Firefox > Chrome.

Firefox is an absolute POS. Chrome is much better especially for the fact that you create your own plugins very easily.

If you google "steam content servers unreachable" it is indeed something to do with proxy settings, but by far the simplest route to fix it is change your default browser.

Hi, guys. I don't usually post much, just lurk because most of my questions are answered with a bit of a search. I have a question: when bowling and I set the LAS to either 3 or 9'o clock and get a wicket, I don't get rewarded for it. I've searched for it on here and found a person who had almost the same problem, but he replied later in the thread that it was working. But his problem was he was getting points for inswing while an bowling an offcutter.

I've quoted him for clarity:

quick question, how do you manage to get seam bowling skill points? everytime I move the LAS to 3 o'clock angle I always get points for in swinging, Is this something I need to work on in regards to the LAS or will it come naturally as my bowler improves?.

thankyou it works fine now...yes i have the latest patch

When I move LAS to either > 3 or < 9'o clock, my deliveries are a bit slower, but I get the correct points. I've the latest patch installed. Am I doing something wrong? Suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

safari is obviously the best web browser and if you disagree you are wrong

This can only be settled one way...

...a [HASHTAG]#DBC14[/HASHTAG] multiplayer online tournament defending your browers right to be the best (Firefox will win)

Users who are viewing this thread