Premeditation Solutions

^Actually picking line and length at the same is multitasking because you are giving input to controller for two different tast (Foot selection and Shot Selection) if you are still not believing then try yourself tackling line and length in isolation , trust me you will get it right more than 90% of times.

Changing in bowling animation for a short pitch delivery is another viable option I can think of giving length earlier.

That is a moronic misunderstanding of what multi tasking actually means.

Tracking multiple inputs for the flight path of a single object and responding to it via muscle movement is not multi-tasking. it is what the body is designed to do.

multi-tasking is doing that while simultaneously doing something else, either using a different or same system of the brain or body.

you really need to stop posting on this. nobody is arguing against the idea of help being needed, but your ideas and understanding of the issue are so poor that you are discrediting the whole idea.

Last edited:
At this point, you should probably stop giving ideas because you're still not grasping the fact that the line and length aren't calculated until the point of delivery.

Errr sorry @FollowOn ... But I think snowy has technically got ya there- "touché snowy, well played" :)

At this point, you should probably stop giving ideas because you're still not grasping the fact that the line and length aren't calculated until the point of delivery.

Then I am stumped as to the solution , lets see hows the game plays when it releases.

Then I am stumped as to the solution , lets see hows the game plays when it releases.

First of all this thread is in the wrong place, it should be over in DBC 14, its unfair to DBC 17, apologize 'my bad'. Just to be clear no one is demanding anything be put in DBC 17, this is a discussion of DBC 14's matter.

I think there's a solution mate,a very simple one, and that's a button config. No need to scrap the current set-up at all- just add a button config to go alongside it. Its got a simplified decision making process, because you select timing and footwork with one touch of a button, and you have the added benefit of changing your shot direction all the way up until you press the timing/footwork button. As Ross has said though its a 'development time issue' otherwise they would.

That..Only then we should even be discussing such stuff when the full game releases...

First of all this thread is in the wrong place, it should be over in DBC 14, its unfair to DBC 17, apologize 'my bad'. Just to be clear no one is demanding anything be put in DBC 17, this is a discussion of DBC 14's matter.

I think there's a solution mate,a very simple one, and that's a button config. No need to scrap the current set-up at all- just add a button config to go alongside it. Its got a simplified decision making process, because you select timing and footwork with one touch of a button, and you have the added benefit of changing your shot direction all the way up until you press the timing/footwork button. As Ross has said though its a 'development time issue' otherwise they would.

DBC14 is done. There will be no changes. A thread there for solutions (requiring development) is pointless.

A thread in DBC17 for suggestions the devs can consider is useful. Unfortunately FollowOn has derailed the discussion with ill informed nonsense.

@Madman I think the intricacies about light and shade your talking about, are possibly the key details in depth perception- therefore I propose an exaggerated ball colour (fluorescence) and\or rescaling HUD size around the ball, too bigger HUD around the ball is just more clutter and distraction- in line with the general consensus that without ball HUD on, its indeed making a subltle improvement of sorts!
That could help - taking some artistic license to exaggerate the depth perception cues like you mention with colour/shade. This wiki explains the other aspects of depth perception;

Depth perception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure if there's anything else I'd propose to exaggerate these effects or how effective that would be.

Another option could be a different indicator, perhaps a circle (still coloured for length) on the pitch directly below the ball, decreasing in size as the ball nears the turf. This would give lots of information; ball height (size of the circle), ball depth (how far along the pitch the circle is), ball speed (how fast the circle moves along the pitch). This is NOT the typical "pitch marker" and wouldn't help you premeditate as it only uses real-time information. This type of thing though could divert your attention from looking directly at the ball, but do top cricketers always do that anyway?

I'm just spitballing some ideas for the sake of discussion - I trust BA to find a solution and don't have a problem with the current system myself anyway really.

That gives me an idea how about releasing the LS will transfer you to backfoot instead of no footwork currently , surely it must be more easier to just release the LS upon sighting the red indicator instead of dragging it down specially if you planted on front foot as most of us do.

That gives me an idea how about releasing the LS will transfer you to backfoot instead of no footwork currently , surely it must be more easier to just release the LS upon sighting the red indicator instead of dragging it down specially if you planted on front foot as most of us do.

'Releasing' implies you are already applying a force to it, and making a conscious decision to release it. How is this any different to making a conscious decision to drag it down?

'Releasing' implies you are already applying a force to it, and making a conscious decision to release it. How is this any different to making a conscious decision to drag it down?

Let me play and conclude whether its an easy alternative to dragging it down or not.

OMG its working guys hurrah! , I tried playing that way i-e planting on front foot while concentrating on the line of the bowl and every time when i see red indicator I release LS whilst still concentrating on the line and belive it or not I am getting more than 80% of the shots and timing spot on (ofcourse I am unable to connect the shots because the game registers it as no footwork but you know what I mean) , I think we finally have found the solution , big thanks for littlebigplanet for triggering the button config thought.

Releasing feels 100x times easier than dragging it down

Guys try playing that way and see the results yourself.

Last edited:
So you're still pre-meditating to play everything on the front foot.

So you're still pre-meditating to play everything on the front foot.

I always play that way so does the majority ,and its not premeditating when 80% of the balls can be played with front foot and the short pitch bowling now is easily handle able with the LS release mechanics.[DOUBLEPOST=1474208270][/DOUBLEPOST]
maximum of 22 mins "research". jesus what a ****.

Thats called bashing for the sake of bashing ,Just try it yourself and see the results before bashing me. I am pretty sure you will be amazed.

Users who are viewing this thread