Pro cam fan club. Let's demand for oculus support

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is the place to discuss pro cam batting and running mode.

It has changed the way I play the game. Its such a satisfying experience now especially after the final patches on PC. Picking up length n line feels gr8 In pro cam.

Would love to hear other pro cam user share there views. suggestions .

Let's demand for the oculus support. Many games r being played on that currently. I think its worth it. Big ant r u listening?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
This is the place to discuss pro cam batting and running mode.

It has changed the way I play the game. Its such a satisfying experience now especially after the final patches on PC. Picking up length n line feels gr8 In pro cam.

Would love to hear other pro cam user share there views. suggestions .

Let's demand for the oculus support. Many games r being played on that currently. I think its worth it. Big ant r u listening?
Mate first of all BA tried oculus with DBC 14 in their office itself but they couldn't add it to consumers because of the known reason, not yet released...And yes it would be awesome to play with oculus if they add it to the game...

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
I would say it could be niche thing to look at for next Iteration, VR certainly does seem to be the future, with every company coming with their own offering. Key would be the penetration of oculus, morpheus and the number of cricket gamers getting DBC for it to be of value to work on.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, Ross mentioned a few times they had it running with Occulus but it was pretty early on in the life of that product. I can't see them supporting it with an old game but possibly the sequel, since they've already tested it out. I couldn't see a lot of people making use of it, but if it's easy enough to include, possibly for a sequel?

Either way, there is/was a build of the game that supported it on the developer level, they played it in the office for memory!

Question: do you own an Occulus and if so, what current games support it that you play?

chaman82

County Cricketer
If we're discussing pro cam, can we discuss the obvious blind spots?

Which blind spots. There r many while running. But batting is OK I think.
Do u use it?
What's ur experience.
I think main problem is while running .the head shaking.

Yeah, Ross mentioned a few times they had it running with Occulus but it was pretty early on in the life of that product. I can't see them supporting it with an old game but possibly the sequel, since they've already tested it out. I couldn't see a lot of people making use of it, but if it's easy enough to include, possibly for a sequel?

Either way, there is/was a build of the game that supported it on the developer level, they played it in the office for memory!

Question: do you own an Occulus and if so, what current games support it that you play?

Will get one for sure if this game gets the full compatibility. Sports game i think will b very cool on vr.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
there is a major blind spot on full balls

I've never used an Occulus but I assume (shoot me) based on other videos/game footage I've watched that when you "look down" or track the ball wearing the Occulus that you would get around any blind spots, as in the motion of the "head" of your avatar wouldn't be automatic like it is in the game currently. Like, you can look around the field and/or any direction you like wearing it, it's not locked to the automatic movements of "Pro Cam"

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Yeah it would have to track head movement or you'd have nausea issues, I would have thought.

angad

Chairman of Consent
I think BA should do a separate dedicated game (atleast in terms of batting) if they are going to implement VR for a true experience since it would require a lot of changes as compared to a game playable with controller. Having tried a lot of Oculus games/sims at Smaaash, I can just imagine the level of realism that can be achieved using (for e.g.) PS VR and PS Move.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I think BA should do a separate dedicated game (atleast in terms of batting) if they are going to implement VR for a true experience since it would require a lot of changes as compared to a game playable with controller. Having tried a lot of Oculus games/sims at Smaaash, I can just imagine the level of realism that can be achieved using (for e.g.) PS VR and PS Move.
Would be the best combination to play a cricket game...

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Dont think it will work too well with Fifa though unless you wanna use the 'hand of god' to score goals ;).
I dont play fifa so as of now I only play cricket game...So I totally meant for cricket games...This is the game where you face the AI rather than compete against them so the fun of batting against AI bowling using move and seeing through VR would be awesome...Imagine a 150kmph delivery onto your face,woow!!!

PS:Edited the post with cricket instead of sports...:D

angad

Chairman of Consent
I dont play fifa so as of now I only play cricket game...So I totally meant for cricket games...This is the game where you face the AI rather than compete against them so the fun of batting against AI bowling using move and seeing through VR would be awesome...Imagine a 150kmph delivery onto your face,woow!!!

PS:Edited the post with cricket instead of sports...:D

Yeh it is most suited for a cricket game.

chaman82

County Cricketer
With oculus and ps vr releasing in second half of next year.. And DBC 16 also due for may b next year, we as a die hard cricket fan can hope for DBC on vr.

Users who are viewing this thread