Problems with Xbox controllers spinning the ball

That is true, and im trying to keep an open mind... U see the my 1st conclusion wasnt a controller issue... I spent 2 days trying everything to make it work... I just automatically assumed that I was doing it wrong... By now i've tried and tried and tried and tried and so i dont want to think that its my fault anymore... Because ive tried so much that now i know that if it IS my technique, then theres nothing i can do about it that i havent already tried...

I felt the same way with batting tbh. I believed that I was doing everything right, but I couldnt get more than 10. Then something clicked and I started making 25, 35, 41, 49 etc. Practice is the only way to get used to how it feels, not only to get it wrong, but also to get it right.

For example many people still think that you have to spin the stick as fast as possible to get the ball to turn. Based on how they think it is done, they have done everything right. They got it wrong, but their preconceptions don't allow them to see it.

----------

I know the theory... I have tried that from the beginning, but no luck... Also what software was that in the video to record stick movements???

It's called Xinput View

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn2vhoyjqujfm4r/XinputView_v1.2.zip

I use it with my screen recorder to put the controls in the recording in real time.

I felt the same way with batting tbh. I believed that I was doing everything right, but I couldnt get more than 10. Then something clicked and I started making 25, 35, 41, 49 etc. Practice is the only way to get used to how it feels, not only to get it wrong, but also to get it right.

For example many people still think that you have to spin the stick as fast as possible to get the ball to turn. Based on how they think it is done, they have done everything right. They got it wrong, but their preconceptions don't allow them to see it.

Yea I know, but ive been trying to do what ur telling me from the 1st day...
On my 1st controller (chinese), I could regularly get the needle into green zone... But I had to perform the rotations whilst pressing down the stick really hard (so i kinda know how smooth to make the rotations)... Thats y i bought the xbox controller, which was horribly callibrated... Now another xbox controller and this one doesnt seem to have any issue yet my problem persists... Anyways, im hoping my "Click" moment is just round the corner...
P.S: I hit a spinner for 6 sixes on my debut :p

----------

I use it with my screen recorder to put the controls in the recording in real time.

Yea the name of the screen recorder too plz...

You're not pressing on the stick now though are you? I assume all you're doing is rotating it, yes?

----------

Yea the name of the screen recorder too plz...

It's called OBS (Open Broadcaster)

Ok, I just thought I'd ask, because that'll fudge up the motion too.

Good to see you have an open mind about this - good luck with figuring out whatever it is that's preventing you from performing spin bowling correctly :thumbs.

Ok so im off for now, im still open to any more suggestions/advice so plz let me know anything that might help... Thank u soo much for the help... Ill keep updating u guys...

Of course, it's useful to keep an open mind when trying to help too. My gut instinct tells me it's user error, but maybe in the world of maybes there is something on his PC that is interfering with the input from the controller. I cant' imagine there would be because the 360 pad is probably the most plug-and-play friendly controller out there, but you never know.

IM BACK!!! AND WITH GOOD NEWS!!!! So I went to return the xbox controller, and planned to buy a Logitech F510 or F710 online later on, but I noticed that the shop had the F310, and so I decided to buy it impulsively (dont care that much about vibration, its for just 1 game anyway)... And once I plugged it in at home, POOF!!! The issue magically disappeared... GO LOGITECH!!!!!!!

----------

The difference is SHOCKINGLY HUGE!!!

----------

I know u said that it was a timing issue, but with the xbox controller timing wasnt even an option no matter what i did... I realize now, how smoothly the needle rises at my rotations, didnt even dream that the process and the end result is so easily achieved... Humongous difference!!!

----------

Thank u so much for all the help and advice, it was deeply appreciated, truly... ANYONE WHO IS HAVING THIS ISSUE, SWITCH TO LOGITECH...

It's still somewhat puzzling me though, that there would be so many issues with a controller that has always worked completely flawlessly for me. Assuming it was a genuine MS 360 pad, it should work completely fine with this game, since I have experienced absolutely no issues using mine. Driver problem perhaps?

It's still somewhat puzzling me though, that there would be so many issues with a controller that has always worked completely flawlessly for me. Assuming it was a genuine MS 360 pad, it should work completely fine with this game, since I have experienced absolutely no issues using mine. Driver problem perhaps?

I downloaded drivers from the microsoft site, in device manager the pc was detecting the controller as xbox 360 controller for windows, callibration was perfect... I was stumped too... :)

Yep I solved my problems by buying a genuine Microsoft controller

Yep I solved my problems by buying a genuine Microsoft controller
I have the same issue as OP. I have xbox wired controller for windows, I'm on windows 8.1 x64, the chinese controller worked fine before but now it's broken.
@friction Please check this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread