PS3/360 Versions Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
If you have a console, dont even bother trying to ask for help here. Xbox360 and PS3 users have been loyally shafted support wise. (even though we were ones who forked out the most $$$ and got the sales started). Really disappointing.

Shafted how?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Xbox360 and PS3 users have been loyally shafted support wise.

Citation required.

(even though we were ones who forked out the most $$$ and got the sales started)

...stop me if I'm wrong, but unless someone from Big Ant held a gun to head to your head and stole money from you, forcing the game into your console aggressively without consent, you made a purchase decision as a grown adult. If you're unhappy with your decision or purchase of the game, feel free to return or trade it. Pretty sure someone else will be glad to pick-up a pre-owned copy. Console game owners can thank us PC folk for helping tinkering the game to it's current state, any other specific complaints you have regarding being "loyally shafted support wise" in a community thread unrelated to the developer who visits here freely of their own accord can be heard in that prior context... annnnnnd, go.

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So let me get this straight. There is a ps3 - xbox360 thread where people are meant to freely express their opinions and views, yet once someone expresses them, they get shot down immediately? hmmm, interesting. I did not come on this forum to bicker with 'grown adults' nor did I complain about my decision regarding the purchasing of this game. I do own a PC and enjoy playing this game on it. It is unfortunate however that I had to change over to PC from console as generally speaking, consoles do not get the same level of support as PC users do (so I guess I am one of your "PC folk"? thanks me..). I will maintain that if I purchase a product with a feature that stops working for no reason then I probably should be able to view that concern on a community gaming forum that focuses on bug reports...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So let me get this straight. There is a ps3 - xbox360 thread where people are meant to freely express their opinions and views, yet once someone expresses them, they get shot down immediately? hmmm, interesting. I did not come on this forum to bicker with 'grown adults' nor did I complain about my decision regarding the purchasing of this game. I do own a PC and enjoy playing this game on it. It is unfortunate however that I had to change over to PC from console as generally speaking, consoles do not get the same level of support as PC users do (so I guess I am one of your "PC folk"? thanks me..). I will maintain that if I purchase a product with a feature that stops working for no reason then I probably should be able to view that concern on a community gaming forum that focuses on bug reports...

You got shot down for:

A) not knowing the phrase is royally shafted, not loyally shafted
B) interpreting 2.5 patches plus a third that is obviously imminent as poor service for console customers

...both of which are ridiculous

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So, from everything said, you reduced it to those 2 points. One of which isn't even related to a bug issue...well played I guess, you really showed me?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
I can understand being a little annoyed at the slow pace of things on consoles in relation to patch 3 - if I hadn't got the Steam version when I finally got a PC that wasn't from 1981 then I'd share your annoyance and be shouting about it: its been around a year since Patch 2 after all. However I feel that Big Ant have had the correct approach on this: they're obviously using the PC platform as a form of testing for the console patch release and trust me, some of the earlier patches had issues that you'd moan a load about had they been included in Patch 3. Most smaller developers do ship more regular patches for the PC versions of their games because they can do it for free without having to go through clearance, while you have to pay money and spend a load of time waiting for patches on consoles so you'll wait until you have something good and stable before pushing it out. The updates we get from Big Ant are more accurate that I've seen from most other developers and that's generally nice, we can work out how far away we are. Its currently going through clearances but because they have four platforms in multiple regions that all have to release on the same day there can be delays to that sort of thing!

Hi, could anyone please help? My son is devastated as he's opened his career mode player to find it's not there anymore. 3 other ones are there that he no longer uses but the 4th and best one has vanished! His game is on XBox 360 and he has definitly saved it properly as he always does.
I read other people reporting this, but never found an answer. Why did it happen? Is there a way of getting the player back? Many thanks

You're probably screwed, people have reported this happening before and they've had to restart - although data corruption is something that can happen to every game: its happened to me before (I remember when I was a kid spending six hours replaying the Metal Gear REX fight at the end of MGSII... and then I had to go to bed and stupidly turned off my PS2 while the thing saved meaning that I had to restart that thing from the very beginning) - one way of mitigating it in the future is to make sure that the game isn't saving when you turn off the console or quit the game: it sounds incredibly patronising but I've done it before and I don't think that I'm a total idiot.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
So let me get this straight.

I already straightened it for you.

There is a ps3 - xbox360 thread where people are meant to freely express their opinions and views, yet once someone expresses them, they get shot down immediately?

I love this internet classic. "I expressed my opinion, I'm allowed to do that, it's what we do here!". Wrong. You're absolutely allowed your opinion, you're also allowed to be comprehensively and immediately shot down when it's wrong.

nor did I complain about my decision regarding the purchasing of this game

Um, you did...

If you have a console, dont even bother trying to ask for help here. Xbox360 and PS3 users have been loyally shafted support wise. (even though we were ones who forked out the most $$$ and got the sales started). Really disappointing.

...you should read your own material sometimes.

consoles do not get the same level of support as PC users do

Geez, I wonder if that might have something to do with the oft-mentioned COSTS involved in doing that for a small developer? I wonder if it might have something to do with crowd-sourcing bug testing (for free) from a dedicated few here on PC.map as well as the developer team at BigAnt chosing to get it right on PC before throwing it out to the console crowd, at their expensive, to only get reamed when it comes back with more bugs and tweaks needed? Your assertion that you're "shafted" is absolutely ridiculous given you've already had 2 patches already on consoles, further DAILY support here on PC.jet from developers who not only frequent this very thread, the thread you claim isn't worth posting in (but did anyway) but also visit all the other threads, provide support, feedback and community assistance for both PC and Console issues, take on board the pages of feedback and suggestions from this community, one that has absolutely no affiliation with the developer outside of Matt now being their coffee boy in the office...

I mean COME ON.

Put it this way; How many AAA sports game developers support their titles over a year after release for free, interacting with the community on a daily basis and pushing patches out on PC tweaking the in-game system to get the best outta what they had in the box?

Get back to me with a comprehensive list and citations.

I will maintain that if I purchase a product with a feature that stops working for no reason then I probably should be able to view that concern on a community gaming forum that focuses on bug reports.

Nobody is saying you can't. What I am saying is your assertion that, in your own words you shouldn't...

...bother trying to ask for help here. Xbox360 and PS3 users have been loyally shafted support wise. (even though we were ones who forked out the most $$$ and got the sales started). Really disappointing.

Is absolute nonsense, nothing but trolling to get attention and now you're whinging because you got called on your bullshit.

This game has plenty of niggles and things that could do with tweaking or patching, their community support and constant, nay, daily feedback and participation at PlanetCricket.yeti is not one of them and I'll stand up and back them 100% every time someone like you wants to throw mud at them for their community support focus, which has been a HUGE part of their presence here and we will all suffer if morons like you don't get called on it now, because they won't show up with the same gusto next time around otherwise.

Move along.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
The annoying thing with people like this Biggs, is that if the patch goes live for consoles sometime in the near future, some of them possibly think they had something to do with it.

The old "I complained and kicked their asses into gear" thing that some of the FB crowd claim after a patch for a game.

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I am not unsympathetic to the frustrations for console owners that the PC kids get to play a superior version of the game. But to suggest that the community support in this thread (or PlanetCricket.exe as a whole) has been anything less than stellar is total nonsense. For about $50 you can go out and grab the PC version of the game and be a part of the solution, if you're a console owner. If not, post your issues and wait your turn and be part of the community, but don't blame the place or the fantastic interaction we have from the developers who have been nothing but supportive of their product across all the platforms.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Maybe BigAnt should in the next version contemplate voluntary crowd sourcing as a way of speeding up the Console Patch submission process.

I for one would be willing to pay some bucs over to BA , if it means I get a needed patch months quicker than what would otherwise be the case.

Hope my idea makes sense . Dont know practically how BA would implement this , just an idea.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Maybe BigAnt should in the next version contemplate voluntary crowd sourcing as a way of speeding up the Console Patch submission process.

That's basically what has already happened with some folks at PlanetCricket. Fact is the game is already really good and a lot of the issues console folk face are a result of the consoles (specifically Microsoft) moving the goalposts and messing up a whole bunch of games, including much bigger titles. They've been trying to test/fix bugs on two fronts (PC/Consoles) develop new properties (Speculation from me) and then involve the community here locally to test patches before they're released to the wider public, to get ready for a one-and-dump console patch. ...and that's me speculating with limited behind the scenes knowledge. I imagine there's even more going on with the new DBC they've announced is coming. All this by a reasonably small games developer, it's a lot of balls to juggle.

Not making excuses for them at all, but reality is the support consoles are getting and certainly PC users over a year on from release is actually, pretty impressive.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

I for one would be willing to pay some bucs over to BA , if it means I get a needed patch months quicker than what would otherwise be the case.

Hope my idea makes sense . Dont know practically how BA would implement this , just an idea.

I doubt that's even possible on console because that would involve releasing potentially unstable patches to only some users - console platform holders won't allow that.

However, what you suggest happened 3 fold with PC: a small private beta tested some features, then it went to public beta, then it went to PC users as a whole the idea being this weeded out issues to improve and speed up console patch 3

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I am not unsympathetic to the frustrations for console owners that the PC kids get to play a superior version of the game. But to suggest that the community support in this thread (or PlanetCricket.exe as a whole) has been anything less than stellar is total nonsense. For about $50 you can go out and grab the PC version of the game and be a part of the solution, if you're a console owner. If not, post your issues and wait your turn and be part of the community, but don't blame the place or the fantastic interaction we have from the developers who have been nothing but supportive of their product across all the platforms.

I'm totally unsympathetic to anyone complaining right now. End of last year, beginning of this year, sure be frustrated: we PC players were too as there was a long break without any updates to any platform.

However, it's been obvious for months now that the patch 3 updates have been in progress, that they are much broader than just delivering co-op (the only promised feature) and bug fixes but adding substantial changes to AI running and aggression and delivering new shots. These things are demonstrably there, and it's obvious that the updates have now been finalised into patch 3 and it's in submission - so there is absolutely no need to be frustrated or complain now.

Users who are viewing this thread