DBC14 PC Version 1.14

I think the leave button is a complete hindrance or at the very least redundant - the amount of times I've accidently pressed it when I meant to play a shot and been bowled. I leave the ball quite often, and I do this by not inputting anything - like real life.

In International Cricket 10 the leave just happened automatically when you didn't touch any buttons. This should be the case for DBC14.

Barely use the leave button too. It just seems too much work to press the right stick or a button along with leg work. I dont have quick enough reflexes. I previously asked if it was possible to make the leave function just to LAS. It still should give me the option of padding the ball away. But it will be tricky for BA to manage as the LAS does not initiate any animation to begin with while batting.

Barely use the leave button too. It just seems too much work to press the right stick or a button along with leg work. I dont have quick enough reflexes. I previously asked if it was possible to make the leave function just to LAS. It still should give me the option of padding the ball away. But it will be tricky for BA to manage as the LAS does not initiate any animation to begin with while batting.

For that I think that leave is something that we do when we think that the ball is going away and it would be risky to play a shot off that...So what I think is leave should be assigned to R2 and the leave should be allowed till the last second i.e bowler bowler shot attempted but when pressed R2 batsman animation should leave the ball alone...This can be done only in the next iteration as such animations needs to be created...Views??

i find i need to press the leave button. its happened to me twice that i left the ball without pressing a button, only for the ball to edge of the stationary bat and be caught by the keeper!
not taking the risk any more! haha

When i want to leave the ball i just dont press any triggers,as simple as that.

Yeah as I said I do the same but, an automatic animation should be built in - no input = leave animation.

In real life I have the prettiest leave you will ever see (its the only thing I do well) - so happy to don the motion capture jump suit.... :-p

My dbc recieved an update. It says 1.14.1 now. What's with that?

Hi,

After playing the game in one of my friend's laptop, I brought my own copy of it via Stream on 01-oct-2014, downloaded with latest version of 1.14.
While playing career mode (PRO level), I had noticed that the edges from the AI batsmen had been reduced when compared to the earlier versions. Is that because of patch or am I doing something wrong?
Guide me please.

Hi,

After playing the game in one of my friend's laptop, I brought my own copy of it via Stream on 01-oct-2014, downloaded with latest version of 1.14.
While playing career mode (PRO level), I had noticed that the edges from the AI batsmen had been reduced when compared to the earlier versions. Is that because of patch or am I doing something wrong?
Guide me please.
I Played an FC career came last night... bowled 16 overs, and got 3 edges total. One just short of point, two over 2nd slip. Then played a P40 and got 3 out of 5 wickets caught behind.

The amount of balls that were swung and missed at in the Test were crazy.

For the first time in over 20 matches my straight drives are piercing the field. One went between far batters feet. If this is a function of the patch then kudos to big ant. AI does need to edge it more. Not once have i had a problem with wicket keeper dropping a catch though, pc version though. This is one of the greatest sports games of all time, big ups to the kiwi and aussie devs. Please turn your brilliance to creating a rugby league game once you have finished tweaking DBC14.

Got a bunch of caught behinds, edges and a pretty stable online experience tonight. A couple of weird glitchy things aside, was a pretty decent experience. Online remains the superior game-mode, especially for longevity of this product.

Users who are viewing this thread