Q and A with Codemasters from Cricket Web

Yeh I guess, the mystery is, why is the release date so far away if all they are doing is tweaking BLIC 2005...I think there are more features that they havent let go yet

manee said:
Yeh I guess, the mystery is, why is the release date so far away if all they are doing is tweaking BLIC 2005...I think there are more features that they havent let go yet

Personally I think thats got more to do with trying to make sure the netcode is up to scratch for online play. Pro Evo 5 on the Pc's netcode is appaling, and at times I just have to stop purely because it's driving me mad.

If they can get the net-code spot on, tweak out some of the bugs from 2005, this will be the most awesome and enjoyable cricket game ever. Who needs AI when you can play REAL PEOPLE!

the interview doesnt sound very encouraging.

In a way, it is very very encouraging!

Think about it...BLIC 2005 was the best cricket game (according to the charts) ever. And what they are going to do is, improve the graphics, update the rosters, and fix the bugs which ruined the game.

BLIC 2005 + graphics + database - bugs = BLIC 2007

stevie said:
Quite right, some of the comments so far have been utterly ridiculous. BLIC 2005 wouldn't take much tweaking to make it a fantastic cricket game and it sounds like they might be doing that for 2007.

I completely agree mate. EA have to do a complete reconstruction of the fundamentals of their game to get anywhere close to blic2005, let alone 2k7. Blic 2k5 just needs some tweaking, and a few more options and frills, and it'll be great.

The interview was good, and i'm certainly not disappointed. The biggest mistake codies could make was to re-construct, rather than build upon, the game mechanics.

Last edited:
Yeh, like, you cant take the second powerplay and if you do, the game hangs

Users who are viewing this thread