World Cup Quarter Finals Discussion

I am looking forward with tomorrow's clash of Australia V Pakistan, Looks that Australians have slightly higher chance to go to semis and Let us see how India performs with Australia in WC Semi-Final [HASHTAG]#WeWontGIVEITBACK[/HASHTAG]

Question to the Indian fans, who you rather play Aussies or Pakistan?

For me my heart says Pakistan but I rather they play Australia cuz Pakistan are to unpredictable. This must stop! DONT WANNA SEE THEM REACH THE FINALS!!!!

That was an uncharacteristically mature innings from Rohit. Usually when the going gets tough, he is the first one to throw his wicket away. But he probably played the best innings of his life here.

Question to the Indian fans, who you rather play Aussies or Pakistan?

For me my heart says Pakistan but I rather they play Australia cuz Pakistan are to unpredictable. This must stop! DONT WANNA SEE THEM REACH THE FINALS!!!!

Australia definitely. India is dying to give them a solid farewell for what they did in Test series and Tri-series. It would be the best gift . They won tests and ODIs in previous months and now this is our time to show them what we can do.

Cold Blooded Revenge.

Australia definitely. India is dying to give them a solid farewell for what they did in Test series and Tri-series. It would be the best gift . They won tests and ODIs in previous months and now this is our time to show them what we can do.

Cold Blooded Revenge.
Wow love it.......

That AUS vs IND semi is going to be ugly, im expecting much verbals and a unsavory moment or two

I want us to face Australia. The kind of form that we had playing the tri-series and the kind of form we had playing this WC is a sea of difference. I want it to get to the situation where we have to beat the two home sides in order to win this World Cup.

It was interesting to hear the discussion of Manjrekar, Ganguly and Dean Jones on commentary during the match. Jones picked Australia as slightly ahead if the Ind v Aus semis happen but he eventually ended up with a 50-50. Ganguly went for a 50-50 and called India a dangerous side. Ganguly is not a guy who supports India because of his nationality. If he says India are in trouble, then they are really in trouble. Australia have not faced India in this tour when India has been in such form. The India that played the tri-series sleepwalked through it to prepare for the WC. And one of the games in the tri-series (vs Australia at Sydney) got rained off. The mental scars that Jones talked about was more from the test series, but that series now feels way back in history.

I would impartially go with Ganguly's assessment that its a 50-50 between India and Australia and Australia have to start on a clean slate and not think about what happened during the test series and the two ODI games they played vs India on this tour.

That was an uncharacteristically mature innings from Rohit. Usually when the going gets tough, he is the first one to throw his wicket away. But he probably played the best innings of his life here.

I rate his hundred against Australia at the same ground (in the tri-series) as his best. And that's got to do more with the bowling attack he faced. Because here, once he got in, it was easy, quite too easy for him. It feels different only because not many expected Bangladesh to have India down and struggling for that long a period in a World Cup knockout match. One thing is for sure - Rohit loves the MCG! Let's hope he gets one more shot at the MCG during this tournament.:p:thumbs:yes

Bangladesh v India, 2nd Q-F, Melbourne : Outrage in Dhaka over no-ball, BCB to lodge appeal | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 | ESPN Cricinfo

So the BCB intends for the ICC to launch an investigation wrt the no ball issue involving Rohit. The BCB have every right to be angry but the ICC is headed by India, so India will be investigating themselves because clearly the umpires actions in this situation gives the idea that some form of underhanded activity took place as if the umpires were instructed before hand!

LOL

I am all for reporting the umpire's poor decision in the official report and umpires being reprimanded for a poorly done job. But the over reaction to this whole episode by BCB and the fans makes it seem like this is the first time a wrong decision has been made by the umpires.

And tbh, on the first impact I was not at all surprised to see it being given as a no ball. Only once the replay was shown, it became clear that Rohit had perched himself in a position where it seemed like it was above the waist.

--

On a side note, would BD be allowed to review this decision through DRS ?

I rate his hundred against Australia at the same ground (in the tri-series) as his best. And that's got to do more with the bowling attack he faced. Because here, once he got in, it was easy, quite too easy for him. It feels different only because not many expected Bangladesh to have India down and struggling for that long a period in a World Cup knockout match.

The importance of this match puts this century on whole different level IMO. Rohit has time and again scored massive tons and double tons in bi lateral series matches and dead rubbers. But this was a big occasion - world cup knockout game with the team in trouble and runs not coming easily. Perfect situation for Rohit to succumb to a half-hearted release shot. But he did not :cheers

I am all for reporting the umpire's poor decision in the official report and umpires being reprimanded for a poorly done job. But the over reaction to this whole episode by BCB and the fans makes it seem like this is the first time a wrong decision has been made by the umpires.

And tbh, on the first impact I was not at all surprised to see it being given as a no ball. Only once the replay was shown, it became clear that Rohit had perched himself in a position where it seemed like it was above the waist.

On a side note, would BD be allowed to review this decision through DRS ?

Thats the thing, all these other moan abt wrong decisions so much, and hang the outcome of the whole match one decision. With India not using DRS, Indians have learnt to get on with the game, and not moan abt it so much. Even in the test series Indians got a few bad decisions like Dhawan being given caught with the ball hitting his shoulder and not the bat and so on. Yet not in one press conference did the captain blame the umpiring for how things went on in the field.

The rest of the teams are like If DRS then this and if DRS then that ... its quite over the top if u ask me.

Yeah I get it, there is DRS, does a great job most of the times, but when it fks things up, then it is a side show of its own, unlike any other.

No one is willing to acknowledge that DRS has too many areas no one is quite clear about, and needs to be looking into. I am sure there are going to be tonnes of replies to this, bt ah well I have gotten used to them by now.

The thing is DRS doesn't deserve the attention it gets. If there is DRS then fine, if there is no DRS then its fking fine as well. Who cares man. The kind of hate BCCI gets for not using DRS, one would think BCCI has said something like Indian batsmen can no longer be out caught. That is the level of handicap some of these pro DRS ppl think they have when playing India without DRS.

What is funny is that despite all the hate on BCCI no one says a word about greats such as Joel Garner who have also gone on record to dismiss the system as a mere gimmick. Even Dickie Bird, probably the greatest umpire ever has been a known critic of the DRS. Yet no one addresses these issues raised by the players, all everyone really wants to do is BCCI bashing.

As for whether BD could have reviewed the decision, I suppose they could have. As the woeds used on wikipedia - 'A fielding team may use the system to dispute a "not out" call and a batting team may use it to dispute an "out" call'. 'A challenge is always used in situations that did or may result in a dismissal'

Since the call was 'not out', and it would result in a dismissal, I suppose it could lead to a challenge.

Last edited:
Reading through the article posted a few posts back, never thought about whether the fielding side could review a front foot no ball if the bowler was adamant he didn't overstep, guess its perhaps not fair but the only way of making it work that it's not allowed given the batsmans natural reaction will be to slog.

Last edited:
Thats the thing, all these other moan abt wrong decisions so much, and hang the outcome of the whole match one decision.

haha true. I think, as technology has advanced people in general have gotten over-dramatic and over-reactive. There seem to be way too many game losing and career ending wrong decisions being given off late :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread