Quarter finals - Italy vs Ukraine

Italia will win 2-1. It will be damn boring.

it will be a tough match. I reckon it will be decided in extra time.The friendly played between these teams before the WC wasnt an exciting game but i expect this one to be a cracker!

m_vaughan said:
I hope a certain Mr. Totti scores
Well i hoep tooti tries another one of his theartical dives and gets sent off!I agree that it will be a very boring game.I'll watch it because i've got into a very weird sleeping habit.

m_vaughan said:
I hope a certain Mr. Totti scores

He is certainly coming back into his own good form. I see him scoring against Ukraine if he plays like he did against Australia, where he got a lot of shots on goal. He should definitely start and Del piero should be subbed in later if required. Italy havent been playing all that good in this tournament but they will walk over Ukraine imo.

Did you watch the match?He hardly got a shot off and to tell you the truth i'm quite sure he didn't have a shot.He is not in great form butm looked it against his tiring teammates.

Italy v Ukraine 9PM BST:

This will be an interesting game. Italy, who haven't had a great team since USA '94, have played well so far except againt the aussies in the last 16, only getting through with a cheap dive in the last minute. Their strikers must be on form, but they should get through anyway. As for the Ukrainians this is their first tournament, and reaching the last 8 is a big thing for them. Is Shevchenko and Rebrov play well they could just spring a surprise. Another great game in prospect.

sachin said:
Did you watch the match?He hardly got a shot off and to tell you the truth i'm quite sure he didn't have a shot.He is not in great form butm looked it against his tiring teammates.

I watched the entire match and he certainly had shots on goal. I even had him in my fantasy team and I got point for those shots mate :p :p . As I said he is not in full flow yet and so is the entire Italian team but they are getting it back slowly. Thats what I think and you are entitled to your own opinion.

Hariz said:
I watched the entire match and he certainly had shots on goal. I even had him in my fantasy team and I got point for those shots mate :p :p . As I said he is not in full flow yet and so is the entire Italian team but they are getting it back slowly. Thats what I think and you are entitled to your own opinion.
He played fifteen minutes and the italians weren't exactly prolific with their strikes.As i said he only looked good because he made a few dives (i.e. freekicks),and looked lively up against his very tirerd teammates.

sachin said:
He played fifteen minutes and the italians weren't exactly prolific with their strikes.As i said he only looked good because he made a few dives (i.e. freekicks),and looked lively up against his very tirerd teammates.

Well I dont see the Italian strikers scoring much goals, although they create chances. Totti normally provides an extra attacking option and is good at free kicks so why not let him start. He should certainly get opportunities against Ukraine to grab a goal.
As Nesta is out injured and Materazzi banned, who will be playing in the defence for them. Any ideas ?

Hariz said:
Well I dont see the Italian strikers scoring much goals, although they create chances. Totti normally provides an extra attacking option and is good at free kicks so why not let him start. He should certainly get opportunities against Ukraine to grab a goal.
As Nesta is out injured and Materazzi banned, who will be playing in the defence for them. Any ideas ?

Andrea Barzagli will play in that spot.

And too bad Voronin isn't playing.

Users who are viewing this thread