Quarter finals - Italy vs Ukraine

Ukraine have been poor... very poor in the first-half.

Ukraine have been smacked by a very good Italian side. They are improving a lot in the tournament and Toni grabs two goals today. Ukraine never came into the match, pretty poor performance. Italy VS Germany is the first semi-final and is going to be a cracker but with this German performance they should go into the match with their confidence high.

Hariz said:
Ukraine have been smacked by a very good Italian side. They are improving a lot in the tournament and Toni grabs two goals today. Ukraine never came into the match, pretty poor performance. Italy VS Germany is the first semi-final and is going to be a cracker but with this German performance they should go into the match with their confidence high.
Germany did lose 4-1 I think to Italy recently. But this time I actually back the home side to get the win.

Ukraine were very lucky to even be in the QFs. 4-0 thrashing by Spain, and now 3-0 by Italy, shows they are no good.

Did you guys watch the match? In the second half Ukraine came pretty close to 1-1. Toni scored the 2-0 in offside and that meant the breakthrough for Italy. After that Ukraine had a shot on the bar and were still very unlucky. 3-0 doesn't say much about the performance in the field. Just like the 3-1 of France beating Spain. Some month ago these two teams played against each other and it was 0-0 then, with Italy being on the lucky side then to not lose the match.

Italy went through since they had some strong moments and not a dominant phase. But I would have still favoured Italy to go through, since they can pose a bigger threat to Germany.

Australia probably would have beaten the Ukraine. There wasn't much doubt about Italy going through. Their keeper hasn't let a goal in a few matches now and Toni finally finished off some good moves setup by the midfield.

Score was cruel, Ukraine could have scored about 3 or 4, extremely unlucky. 2-0 killed it but just before then they should have made it 1-1.

It was not Cruel as Ukraine only had that one chance prior to the second goal.Now i didn't watch after the second goal as it was an aweful match,and Ukraine never really looked like scoring.

Pleased to see them leave(Even if that meant Ital got through),because they were extremely negative and did not use their best asset ,Shevchenko,to his best ability.

Users who are viewing this thread