Semi Finals - Germany vs Italy

punk sk8r said:
can i make somthing clear Germany are going to win the cup simple as that its in their own land i know some things going to get Germany to win if they dont i wont post in the forums for 3 days (might change my mind on that one)

:clap :laugh

Good win for the Italians, the two goals were spectacular. I expect France to go trhough with them, so the final should be great. C'mon Italy, it's worth ?150..

Ah, cant believe they got past Lehmann in the last minute, the greater shock was del piero scoring the second moments after the first. Splendid play from Italy, they deserved it. Had Lehmann stopped the first goal, the germans would have won.

What a match!!! Two goals by Italy in the last minute. Germany was the better team though.

Great match, Italy VS Franve Final! my money on France!

A really hard fought game. The teams neutralised one another in the entire match but in the end the coolness and experiance of the Italians paid off.
None the less a successful tournament for the German National Team. No one had thought they would come this far at the beginning of the tournament.

I think Italy were slightly better in the first half and probably deserved it, they've played well in most of their games and have a real chance of lifting the Trophy on Sunday.

Two high quality finishes, aswell.

Italy were the slightly better side, but I'm Australian, and no one over here- barring the Italian/Australians or anyone who's put their life savings on the TAB- wanted to see that scoreline or concede the fact that Italy are actually a class side...
Well, it gives the one's who take it way too far some black and white leverage- they'll say "We would've made the final, eh, 'cos we should'a beat the diving Italians back in the Round of 16..."
Anyway, Germany were hungry, and the contest was pretty even for the better part, with both nations being pretty disciplined. However, whenever the Germans constructed an attack, they seemed somewhat tentative in the finishing stages. Having said that, they did look there to win, whilst Italy were there not to lose, and both sides were never lazy with regards to passing...
Two cracking goals, nonetheless.

I can't believe it... last 3 matches, all my 3 favorites teams have been knocked out. :(

Italy...I can't believe it's going to be them. After 118 minutes, Germany continued the pressure but only just held on until they let loose....

Damnit!I can't believe they pulled another late win out of the hat!Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!Well i saw from the 25 minute mark onwards and the last bit of the first half was very open.German controlled the second half,and extra time was slightly in favor of the Italians.As long as Italy don't win i'll be happy!@Go France!

So you guys don't want Italy to win because the referee awarded a penalty to Italy against Australia?

These kind of things has happened in the past and will continue to happen in the future.

Four minutes into the match there was a clear hand-ball in the penalty box which Ballack appealed for. Unfortunately, the referee did not agree wit him. Bernd Schneider's miss I feel should have been a goal. I feel the German's lost due to their attacking metnality (in ET atleast). The defenders should have stayed back instead of going forward. This created gaps in the defence which enable Italy to score. Overall, Italy played the better game and I have to say, Gianluigi Buffon was excellent as usual. Calm and composed.

ZexyZahid said:
So you guys don't want Italy to win because the referee awarded a penalty to Italy against Australia?

These kind of things has happened in the past and will continue to happen in the future.
Partly,but partly becuase i don't like them,and because,in my opinion,they don't deserve to be in the final.

shravi said:
Four minutes into the match there was a clear hand-ball in the penalty box which Ballack appealed for. Unfortunately, the referee did not agree wit him. Bernd Schneider's miss I feel should have been a goal. I feel the German's lost due to their attacking metnality (in ET atleast). The defenders should have stayed back instead of going forward. This created gaps in the defence which enable Italy to score. Overall, Italy played the better game and I have to say, Gianluigi Buffon was excellent as usual. Calm and composed.
And when Ballack got that Freekick right in front of goal,that should have been a penalty as the foul was committed in the box.

Anways... They should be proud of what they have acheived so far. Nobody gave Germany a chance before the beginning of this tournament and look how far they have gotten. They have silenced the critics, regained their country's support and are one of the TOP 4 TEAMS IN THE WORLD. They have adapted well to the new attacking style of play Klinsman has brought to German Football. They have proved that they can beat the top teams in the world also. I feel Klinsman should continue as coach of Germany. Not only because of how he has changed Germany's approach to a game, but also because he selects youngsters on performance and not on popularity. He may not be a grat tactician like Scolari but he will get better; slowly but surely. Look on the bright side. Germany can still get 3'rd place in this World Cup.

Aren't Philipp Lahm, Per Mertesacker, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Lukas Podolski all young players?

Users who are viewing this thread