Quarter finals - Germany vs Argentina

Come on guys! Everybody has their weaknesses. But remember that there is always room for improvement and I feel that Germany's central defenders have improved since the first match.

I personally feel Germany will win this match. The 3 players that I think will make the difference for Germany are Lahm, Podolski and Klose and maybe Ballack.

I know what it will be a 1-1, and we will be into Extra Time and some Argentina player will have a great shot, so Argies will win. BTW the whole match will be great.

Shaping upto be the match of the world cup thus far. The Germans have been very solid till now,and have really shown up their critics.

Argentina too have been very very good, and just won a cracker against Mexico.

Match looks quite evenly poised, but I am hoping for an Argentine win!

Argentina to sneak through but Germany will give them a very good test. I just think Crespo, Saviola, Messi, Sorin, Heinze, Riquelme and co will be too strong. Ballack must have a good game for Germany.

I really hate this. :mad I've got to miss the start of this match, when I looked into my schedule. This match could actually be the final of the World Cup.

Whoever wins this match, I feel will be the Winner of the World Cup.

And I'll be supporting for Argentina for sure. :)

ZexyZahid said:
Whoever wins this match, I feel will be the Winner of the World Cup.

And I'll be supporting for Argentina for sure. :)
Maybe. Although Brazil, France, Italy and Spain would have something to say about that.

I would say Brazil and Spain are favourites to grab the other spot in the final. I don't really see Italy and France going through all the way. Italy will have an easy opponent though in the quarterfinals compared to the other countries, so they will at least reach the semi-final.

I find all your predictions superb, we all are entitled to our own opinion, I am a German supporter! was born in Namibia and ofcourse Namibia was a colony of the Germans. Germany went in the finals with a mere 18% chance of reaching the final, you ask me now that rate is up till 70% now, yeah the Germans are struggling at defense, but ahem!!! Lehman has kept three back to back clean sheets to his name after a very dismall performance against Costa Rica an inform Miroslav Klose will be hard to close down by the defence of Argentina and young Lukas Podolski is finding is feet and a lethal combination upfront...still havent seen the best of either Michael Ballack and Bastian Schweinsteigger, Trosten Frings has done well keeping the Germans midfield in place. Argentina had a great run against Serbia and Montrenego, struggled against the Ivory Coast to be honest, drew with the Dutch 0-0, played Mexico and won in extra time after Germany already won the match in the 14th minute against Sweden, Sweden can thank God that Issaakson made that saves otherwise Sweden would have lost to an embarrising score line! And yes Zlatan Ibrahomiv was in that side, a side that was stronger than the one who faced England in their Group B match...so this match is evenly poised, six of one, half a dozen of the other!...but we are going to the capital Berlin! It's Germany playing Argentina, Germany won the 1974 WC on German soil, the fans are getting behind their team, and also the nation has not been unified like this since the the wall between East and West Germany was broken down...my bet a sparkling performance Germany to win 2-1, Scorers Podolski and Ballack...for Argentina Riquelme

Germany had a lot of celebration to do since the wall broke down. After all they won in 1990 the World Cup and in 1996 the Europe Cup. And they've been in a 'some' final four years.

But this Germany is better then the one in 2002. Back then they were having a lot of players with injuries, including players left home.

Hariz said:
Indeed Argentina have some great players in their ranks but if the Germans can play the game at the same tempo they did with Sweden then they are going to win in it. The Swedish defence did'nt know what hit it and same could be the case with Argentina.
Hariz i see you live in Berlin, and this match is going to be in the Berlin Stadium. Any plans of going to the match? :D. If Yes, make some pictures with your Digital Camera. :D

A ticket for a World Cup match is very costly. A lot of euros are handed over in the black market for just one ticket.

Too bad I am going to miss the start of this match. :( But I hope to be on time to watch some big part of it.

It will be a great match and as someone said earlier i think (unfortunately) it will be decided by an amazing strike from the Fantabulous Argentinian side.But to tell you the truth i wouldn't mind seeing Germany get through as them winning the World Cup doesn't bother me to much.

Dont't you ppl feel that brazil has an easy entry to the Finals ?
They would beat France easily.
Then proceed onto play the winners of England/Portugal.

As someone has said,the winner of Arg-Ger will definately play on 9th July.

I think it would be Germany-Brazil once more.This time Germany getting the better of Brazil.

Farrukh_|$B said:
Hariz i see you live in Berlin, and this match is going to be in the Berlin Stadium. Any plans of going to the match? :D. If Yes, make some pictures with your Digital Camera. :D

Nah mate, did'nt get any tickets. Applied twice thrice for Berlin matches but nope. I shall be going to those big screens, perhaps at Brandenburger gate to watch the game. The atmosphere there is almost like in the Stadium. Hope Germany wins.................. :upray

Users who are viewing this thread