Quitters!!

TangoCharlie

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just bowled my hardest against an online opponent (Pakistan). 10 overs and on the last ball bowled him all out for 99!! Then he quit!!
Does he loose points or something? Really felt cheated!!

In his defence, it's hard to tell wo is quitting and who is getting the "experiencing connection issues" error at the moment. If he genuinely quit, you'd get awarded the win... The game is just saved as non-completed so try starting it up again with him?

Just bowled my hardest against an online opponent (Pakistan). 10 overs and on the last ball bowled him all out for 99!! Then he quit!!

welcome to playing sports games online. Happens all the time in nba2k

lol, so he made you bowl your behind off and then he quit....
sorry, but first I need to laugh...

Okay, I think you should report that person... that is terrible and I hope he gets a loss

That used to happen all the time with me...in real life :mad

I meant to bring this up but forgot. I don't play online games much but played fifa for a laugh a month ago and people will quit in an 8 minute match if they're too far behind. cricket is far more likely to lend itself to match scenarios where only one outcome is likely way before the end of play.

I won't play this online but to be frank, I couldn't see myself spending an hour putting up a noble effort in defeat if it's obvious I've lost the match.

I meant to bring this up but forgot. I don't play online games much but played fifa for a laugh a month ago and people will quit in an 8 minute match if they're too far behind. cricket is far more likely to lend itself to match scenarios where only one outcome is likely way before the end of play.

I won't play this online but to be frank, I couldn't see myself spending an hour putting up a noble effort in defeat if it's obvious I've lost the match.

In that case I would think instead of just quitting/unplugging the console you can accept the loss the proper way by using the menu.

Generally most of the games have a "forfeit" option and you can concede the game which your opponent generally accepts.

I had one person try a "would you like to save this game until a later date" thing and he's never come back to play it, lol. That's a way around a loss I guess?

In his defence, it's hard to tell wo is quitting and who is getting the "experiencing connection issues" error at the moment. If he genuinely quit, you'd get awarded the win... The game is just saved as non-completed so try starting it up again with him?

It did appear too well timed to be a internet issue.
I guess I learned a great deal about bowling! :)
Just would have been nice to hit a few boundaries like he did.

----------

You can lose the match but score minor victories along the way. Become a master blocker and score little but stay in or try different fields.
I never quit despite the score. Suck it up and try something new in the game or deny a complete whitewash.

Yes, had quite a few quitters too. None who've managed to get 99 though! Did have one quit on me about an hour ago when I took six straight wickets in the 8th and 9th overs. Still felt satisfied though. :)

Option to blacklist players would be good. On the upside, I've received a few new Xbox friend requests this week after completed games, and my most fun matches so far have all been online. Looking forward to joining a league when I've practiced a tad more.

I played from Pakistan yesterday but that's not my score. I played with an Indian. It was my first online experience of this game. & even though I have a fairly decent internet connection the game did not respond well. I couldn't time either the batting or the bowling. So after a terrible, annoying & irritable session I threw in the towel.

TangoCharlie;2744089} [/COLOR said:
You can lose the match but score minor victories along the way. Become a master blocker and score little but stay in or try different fields.
I never quit despite the score. Suck it up and try something new in the game or deny a complete whitewash.

I know but this won't happen, I was playing fifa online and scored a 90 minute goal to win a tight match 3-2, instead of go for the win or accept defeat the guy used all his pauses just to drag out the next 2-3 minutes.

people are the worst in online gaming.

I don't know if the DNF statistics is patented by EA, but if not, it would be nice to have to stay clear of rage quitters. :spy

I think people who lose the match see it though or forfeit, should be rewarded something like FAIR play points, giving them a rating and should be part of the leader-board and match up board.

So the more fairplay points they more likely they are to see through the match.
They should also be rewarded with a small badge after they reach fairplay milestones as this would keep them motivated also BA could offer the people with FAir play score something as reward.

This could help in giving better experience for people online.

The best way to go forward would not be to punish the quitters but reward the survivors.

Users who are viewing this thread