Radaga's Cricket 2004 Patch:- First Release

shameel

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
nice patch, would just like to say that maybe you can increase the number of edges, and another problem is that some shots are really weird, like a guide down to third man usually goes to fine leg. the power of the square cut is too much and sometimes it goes to a really fine third man as well.

Radaga

International Coach
Guys a newer patch will be released soon, a lot of things have changend after the shot editor has been introduced and i also found out how to do some things i didn't know how to do.

Look out for it within the next 3-5 days

Jarryd

Club Cricketer
This is great Radaga, lookin foward to the next one. like i said before i've had to totally reinvent mu One Day game

shameel

School Cricketer
could you also try to make the cpu a little more defensive in both one days and tests. in onedays, the cpu makes too many runs in the first 15 overs, and hardly blocks or leaves any deliveries. and in test matches, once the batsmen are set, they hardly block any delivery. also the number of edges could be increased, apart from that. the patch is great.

Radaga

International Coach
in newer version the CPU does get more edges (because i know how to do it now!, lol), but im not usre about making the CPU more defensive. Becuase the shots will have less power in the next version and if you bowl a tight line it is pretty easy to keep the runs down.

Jarryd

Club Cricketer
I finished an innings with your patch, Victoria v. NSW with Sam's exe and on hard mode. below are some pics of just how i had to reinvent my innings, it was played on a dusty pitch.

Attachments

• radaga.jpg
    radaga.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 53

Radaga

International Coach
Thanks for your reply Jarryd.

It looks like this patch is still a bit too easy for my liking, a new one will be released withing the next few days, the batting is harder.

Jarryd

Club Cricketer
Just a tip, i slowed the outfield down for hard pitches, it makes scoring much more realistic with much less boundrys. I took the value to VelocityReduce 0.060

graemejw

Club Cricketer
Hi Tutsi

Just wondering if you are able to do anything about the really low bounce on damp/wet wickets & particularly the CPU batsmans shot selection. As I said b4 it's too easy to bowl/lbw batsmen on these pitches as they always play over the ball.

Is it a definite bug or could you alter the shot slection/edit the bowling speed for spinners to try & get round this?

I want to play an English season & to avoid using wet/damp pitches is unrealistic in this wet old country of ours!

I suppose i could just avoid bowling shorter length, slow balls but that takes a lot away from the gameplay. I only need to pitch just short of a good length at upto 75% of max speed to fool the batsman.

graemejw

Club Cricketer
what i mean to say is that if a spinner bowls a short ball instead of the batsman leaving in & getting himself out LBW, is it possible to stop the CPU playing this kind of shot against spin bowlers - instead getting him to play a forward defensive or fron foot type shot!??

sorry if these are dumb questions but your thought are appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread