PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

Well example if there are 7 teams

Round 3 could be as follows ( example not real fixtures)

@kushari v @arjwiz

@bradthelad v @valerian140

@honu999 v @Sarvesh_aus

then there will be one team left the bye for that round that would be

Or we can simply make it an IPL Type Tournament (But One Team Playing other Just Once). Moreover, I dont think there is any need that the Last Round Matches needs to be start simultaneously CRAP, as the better player will win regardless, no matter if Last Round Matches are played Simultaneously or not.

So, what I am suggesting is, lets forget about Match-day Rounds, and and let other remaining matches to be played strictly as per the availability of concern Managers without any restriction of Last Round Matches to be played simultaneously (As that is not practical and is not going to serve any purpose even for Net Run rate etc).

----------

Kindly check this link, I have created for 07 Team Planet cricket Ranji League Round Robin Tournament

Planet Cricket Ranji League Tournament, a schedule on Tournament Scheduler

Last edited:
Or we can simply make it an IPL Type Tournament (But One Team Playing other Just Once). Moreover, I dont think there is any need that the Last Round Matches needs to be start simultaneously CRAP, as the better player will win regardless, no matter if Last Round Matches are played Simultaneously or not.

So, what I am suggesting is, lets forget about Match-day Rounds, and and let other remaining matches to be played strictly as per the availability of concern Managers without any restriction of Last Round Matches to be played simultaneously (As that is not practical and is not going to serve any purpose even for Net Run rate etc).

I agree with you but everyone should be able to play any match at any time because of some players commitments time zones makes it difficult to wait. But say you have completed 5 out of your 6 matches and i have played 4 out of my 6 and say @arjwiz has completed 3 out of his 6 matches u have to wait until all participates have completed 5 games there 5 matches so then we can alll play the last matches alll round the same time so we canp play alll at the time and complete the tournament together i stilll think top 2 teams should play a final to end the tournament betweeen the top 2 teams great hype but i dont think @arjwiz wans to do that :(

----------

Sorry about spelling mistakes lol typing on my mobile

I agree with you but everyone should be able to play any match at any time because of some players commitments time zones makes it difficult to wait. But say you have completed 5 out of your 6 matches and i have played 4 out of my 6 and say @arjwiz has completed 3 out of his 6 matches u have to wait until all participates have completed 5 games there 5 matches so then we can alll play the last matches alll round the same time so we canp play alll at the time and complete the tournament together i stilll think top 2 teams should play a final to end the tournament betweeen the top 2 teams great hype but i dont think @arjwiz wans to do that :(

----------

Sorry about spelling mistakes lol typing on my mobile

Dude I am also not in favour of Top 02 Playing any Final Match between them. The reason is its a RANJII LEAGUE, and we have pre decided that the Table Topper at the end of Final Round will be the Winner. Now I am not going to the merit of this, I am just saying we have agreed for something (Be it Good or Bad) before the start of the Tournament, and we should not change it unless there is a real issue. If you win all your Matches, you are going to be Number One regardless, so what is the problem?

As for discarding the Round Schedule, I said this as it will be then easy for the available managers to play with each other rather than waiting for his Final Round Match (May be during the Final Round 01 or 02 Managers will not be available for some reason and they want to finish their share of matches (if possible) and concentrate on some other Tournament or Other PS3 games. Anyway, a match can only be possible if 02 Managers are ready and agree to play each other, so I think we should keep the scheduling (Even for the Last Round Matches) to respective Managers.

Last edited:
@arjwiz kindly upload the final edited Score Card Format so that I can upload the score card for my Match with honu999 & Solomon.

@kushari I agree with you on this. We all committed to complete the fixtures on time. @Ishaan k had exams earlier was a genuine reason. Even I saw him logged in yesterday night pretty late playing DBC IND v SA and he being 27/5 odd something. Now what we need to see is if he has kept his ps3 on and paused the game for a long time. When I was online, only his profile was shown online and no other fellow members here. What time did you guys see him online? I saw him somewhere around 2.30-3am IST.

@arjwiz need to take a call on this. My opinion would be to award the match to @kushari if it doesnt complete this weekend. Other games we need to see if @Ishaan k is going to respond and take it ahead from there.

@kushari I agree with you on this. We all committed to complete the fixtures on time. @Ishaan k had exams earlier was a genuine reason. Even I saw him logged in yesterday night pretty late playing DBC IND v SA and he being 27/5 odd something. Now what we need to see is if he has kept his ps3 on and paused the game for a long time. When I was online, only his profile was shown online and no other fellow members here. What time did you guys see him online? I saw him somewhere around 2.30-3am IST.

@arjwiz need to take a call on this. My opinion would be to award the match to @kushari if it doesnt complete this weekend. Other games we need to see if @Ishaan k is going to respond and take it ahead from there.

I dont think we need to fire the gun from @arjwiz shoulder all the time. The decision should be taken by all of us and not alone by Arjwiz only, of-course he can officially announce/disclose the decision on the forum, but we all need to take collective responsibilities to complete this Tournament to the end (Don't forget even Ishaan is one of the Organizer, and this league is his baby only & still he is extremely reluctant in communicating how he want to play this league)

Last edited:
Good stuff guys.

This seens like the only league that is actually moving swiftly (with 1 or 2 exception) the rest are going at snail pace.

(P.s if any of you guys are up for a test series, say Pakistan vs India or something then would love to get that set up, pm me)

Good stuff guys.

This seens like the only league that is actually moving swiftly (with 1 or 2 exception) the rest are going at snail pace.

(P.s if any of you guys are up for a test series, say Pakistan vs India or something then would love to get that set up, pm me)

Thanks, love to know, I am not alone who appreciate Speed & velocity. I already PM you. I think even this tournament is moving at a snail pace, and other tournaments are yet to take birth.

@arjwiz kindly upload the final edited Score Card Format so that I can upload the score card for my Match with honu999 & Solomon.

Okay I'll do it tonight. I haven't created the template yet.

----------

Thanks, love to know, I am not alone who appreciate Speed & velocity. I already PM you. I think even this tournament is moving at a snail pace, and other tournaments are yet to take birth.

I'm not taking this personally, but I don't think it is moving at a snail's pace. I think it is quite difficult to organise a tournament with 9 people across the world in different time zones, playing a test match in a buggy game no one has ever played before. We are lucky that 5 or 6 of us in this thread are very active, which is why the tournament is moving so smoothly.

Regarding the other comments, here is what we will do:

1. Regarding Ishaan

We will obviously not dump the kid from his own tournament (yet). He did mention that it was his birthday (which doesn't mean anything for us grown ups, but does for a 14 year old) and he had his exams. But I agree, he should communicate much more with kushari. The fact that he has been playing DBC is also concerning.

So, @Ishaan k please let us know if you are ready to put in the required time and effort into completing this tournament. If not, then don't worry, you can skip this one and join the next one. Please comment here or PM me.

If you do not reply by Sunday the 18th, and if you do not finish your match by Friday the 23rd, we will have to exclude you from the tournament.

If Ishaan does not continue, then we will play a 7 team league. Kushari will not be awarded the match - the match will be cancelled from the statistics. This is because noone will play their games against Ishaan, so the tournament will have to be restructured again.

2. Regarding incomplete matchdays

Matchdays have to be completed on time. From now on, there is no grace period allowed. Two weeks is more than enough to complete a test match.

If a matchday is not completed on time, for whatever reason, then we will decide a result as follows:

I will propose four possible results to the group. These will be: (a) a draw, with the first innings score being considered, (b) a victory to team A by 200 runs, (c) a victory to team B by 200 runs, or (d) a victory based on the current score.

The other managers (who are not involved in the match), including myself, can all vote on one of the four options. We have until 24 hours from my post to tally all votes. The highest vote wins.

In most cases, the non-completion of the match will clearly be caused by one of the managers. Hence, options b and c should be the most common result. In case it cannot be determined who has caused the delay, option a should be selected. Option d should be a last resort, selected only in case one manager is clearly avoiding the match due to poor performance, and he expects that he would rather take a 200 run loss rather than a greater loss, ie, he is thought to be cheating the system.

3. Regarding Sarvesh
@Sarvesh_aus have you started your game against Solomon? You mentioned on this thread that you are ready to play, and you mentioned this to me via PM as well. Since we gave you a game in this matchday a week late (due to the restructuring after azad's departure), you have until 23 May to complete your game. If you don't, we will decide the fate of the match based on point 2 above. Thank you - we hope you can play :)

4. Regarding matchdays

They are very important and they will not be discontinued. Matchdays give structure to the tournament and help managers understand what matches to prioritise and at what times. Kushari, you are very active and are able to play your matches well in advance, which is fine, but not everyone can keep up with that speed. We will not have every match as a floating match, otherwise matches will never get completed. We need these practical deadlines. The concept of matchdays is one of the reasons why this tournament is progressing quicker than the others are, despite being a test match tournament.

5. Regarding the final matchday

This will have to be played simultaneously. This is the most important day, which doubles up as a league final, since we will all be competing for places. If two managers mutually decide to begin their game earlier, they will not be stopped (especially if they have a genuine reason such as unavailability during the last matchday). But in order to keep the spirit of competition in the tournament, everyone is urged to start together. If we finish the first four matchdays sooner, we can mutually advance the final matchday. There is nothing to be gained by finishing the tournament earlier than the others.

@valerian140 Buddy, my next match is with you. After you finish your Match with Baroda Giants XI (2nd Round) & Karnataka Cyborgs (3rd Round), its you vs me. Just in case you dont mind playing simultaneous match and wanna start our match, just let me know. After my match with you I have to wait for Match Day-5 for my final match with Baroda Giants XI.

I will not be playing simultaneous matches. Yes, if the other manager I am playing with mentions he wont be available for many days then only will I start a simultaneous match.

By the way, I will definitely be organised more auction-based online tournaments in the future, and hope the guys in this tournament (and @RIZZYX) are keen. If this tournament is progressing well, then I may start a new tournament in the beginning of June.

guys about the DBC last night that was my brother

My exams will be done soon ish but if you cant award the game to Kushari then seeing the problems with my timing issues i will leave the league because i do not want to be holding everyone back form playing in this tournament

----------

also I will try to make time to finish my game with @kushari

Users who are viewing this thread