PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

Don't worry. It's under control. I posted to Sarvesh less than two days ago and was waiting for Ishaan's response.

Ultimately, the league is waiting for three things: the teams, the patch, and two weeks for everyone to get the game and practice. Solomon still doesn't have the game.

Now that Ishaan has given us an idea of the teams, @Sarvesh_aus will have until Sunday night April 20 to reply with his team name and 3 Tier D players. If he doesnt reply or if he says he doesnt want to continue, we will use the time to find an appropriate replacement manager. If one is not found within a few short days, we will play with 8 teams.

Before the fixtures are announced, I would also like @azad and @honu999 to just check in and say you're still available to spend time playing the tournament.

When the time is right I will explain all the rules, but not in advance, as the more time we get the better we understand the game and the better we can make decisions. This has worked very well so far - look at the draft process as an example.

I mentioned yesterday that I am looking to start the league in 2.5 weeks from today (tentatively the first weekend of May).

The trading window was always said to be open until Ishaan starts building the teams. Since he replied today that he is starting on the Easter weekend, we can now confirm the the trading window closes on Friday 18 April at 11:00pm GMT.

As soon as the teams are created, I will post the rules and fixtures, after consulting with Ishaan. We will most likely do a single innings test match.

@Ishaan k okay I will create two teams that are not mine. Which ones do you want me to create? All we need to do is find the best and most accurately skilled players and create a team on CA. I will put some random default colours for now. If Kushari and Solomon and Brad want to help out with one team each it will make it easier for you.

Once all the teams are done, every manager can look at the 9 teams and point out in this thread any GLARING inconsistencies in player skills. For instance, if your all rounder is only a batsman or if someone else's bowler is an all rounder, please point it out here. Ishaan and myself (and you three if you want to help, Kushari Brad Solomon) will try and use correctly skilled players or will try and not overwrite skills or will try and reskill if needed.

I will do a final sanity check on all 9 teams myself once they are done.

----------

Trading : I'm looking for a Tier B or C or Associate right handed batsman in exchange for Munaf Patel or Mohit Sharma (they are Tier C and B respectively).

@arjwiz I can trade Ed Joyce for Munaf Patel...

"We will most likely do a single innings test match."

@arjwiz Can't we do a limited overs 2 innings test? Single Innings test I feel might get one sided affair for team batting second. If the team batting first gets bundled out cheaply, say for eg: less than 100, the team batting second can get it with ease. Having 2 innings each with limited overs brings in an outside chance for teams who were behind to come back and win the game. It's all about winning one session to change the game completely.

"We will most likely do a single innings test match."

@arjwiz Can't we do a limited overs 2 innings test? Single Innings test I feel might get one sided affair for team batting second. If the team batting first gets bundled out cheaply, say for eg: less than 100, the team batting second can get it with ease. Having 2 innings each with limited overs brings in an outside chance for teams who were behind to come back and win the game. It's all about winning one session to change the game completely.

I agree with @Solomon on this...It must be Double Inning Match (May be 35/45 Over a Side for each Inning)...It will get very boring if its just a single innings..If we have to play just a single innings match, then its better we play T20 Tournament..

Last edited:
@kushari how is it going for you with the game. Expert?

@Solomon It is fun playing bro...but I have stopped playing Carrier Mode for obvious reason..

The most entertaining is Online Matches...When are you getting the game?

In casual mode on Amateur Level I have even scored a century with MSD in 21 balls...so you can guess, there is a vast difference between the Amateur & Pro Level..

My game has reached Israel. Because of the Passover Holidays it hasn't reached my PO. :facepalm I need to check today and hopefully I will have it

----------

@Solomon It is fun playing bro...but I have stopped playing Carrier Mode for obvious reason..

The most entertaining is Online Matches...When are you getting the game?

In casual mode on Amateur Level I have even scored a century with MSD in 21 balls...so you can guess, there is a vast difference between the Amateur & Pro Level..

Whats your highest score in career mode.

Point noted. How about 50 overs and two innings (instead of the original 70 overs and two innings). Batting teams have to declare after a total of 100 overs played in two innings (ie, they can bat 70 overs in their first innings, but that means they only have 30 overs left for the second innings).

----------

@kushari online game tonight at 11pm IST?

----------

@arjwiz I can trade Ed Joyce for Munaf Patel...

Let me check tonight how much better Joyce is than my other batsman, Rajat Bhatia.

Alternatively, we can trade Mohit Sharma (Tier B bowler, better than Munaf) with S Tiwary or Raina.

Point noted. How about 50 overs and two innings (instead of the original 70 overs and two innings). Batting teams have to declare after a total of 100 overs played in two innings (ie, they can bat 70 overs in their first innings, but that means they only have 30 overs left for the second innings).

----------

@kushari online game tonight at 11pm IST?

----------

Let me check tonight how much better Joyce is than my other batsman, Rajat Bhatia.

Alternatively, we can trade Mohit Sharma (Tier B bowler, better than Munaf) with S Tiwary or Raina.

@arjwiz planning to watch IPL..Lets see how the situation is at 11PM IST..If I am online then definitely will play..

BTW, in my personal opinion (JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION), I will definitely get bored if I have to bowl constantly for anything more than 50 Overs..I suggest let it be 50 Overs Per Innings & 200 Overs for Total Match (Believe me its not easy to bowl or survive 50 Overs in a stretch if you are not simulating it)...As I said its my personal view only, as I don't exactly like Bowling anything over 50 Overs in a Video game...

But I am OK with whatever the moderators or Majority decide.....

----------

My game has reached Israel. Because of the Passover Holidays it hasn't reached my PO. :facepalm I need to check today and hopefully I will have it

----------

Whats your highest score in career mode.

73 in a One Day Match..

Last edited:
@arjwiz

I will definitely get bored if I have to bowl constantly for anything more than 50 Overs

I agree. Although this shouldn't be a concern for you - I have seen you bowl and you should be able to wrap up the opposition in under 20 overs. ;)

By the way, I played a proper test game yesterday for the first time. SA legends vs NZ legends. I made about 140 batting as SA in Pro mode, which is good considering that the last time I played on Pro mode I was all out for 25.

I used a different strategy which actually made the game unrealistic and "un-fun". For half the batsmen, I pressed L2 from the start on EVERY ball. For the others, I pressed R2 (and later used no modifier). The L2 guys made all the runs. 100% of them. They started hitting clean sixes from ball one. A bit disappointing.

I agree. Although this shouldn't be a concern for you - I have seen you bowl and you should be able to wrap up the opposition in under 20 overs. ;)

By the way, I played a proper test game yesterday for the first time. SA legends vs NZ legends. I made about 140 batting as SA in Pro mode, which is good considering that the last time I played on Pro mode I was all out for 25.

I used a different strategy which actually made the game unrealistic and "un-fun". For half the batsmen, I pressed L2 from the start on EVERY ball. For the others, I pressed R2 (and later used no modifier). The L2 guys made all the runs. 100% of them. They started hitting clean sixes from ball one. A bit disappointing.

@arjwiz common you should be last person to tell me that I should be able to wrap up the opposition in under 20 overs....dont forget you scored 115 against me in just 10 Overs. may be it is that nightmare which is making me scared to bowl to you again for 70 overs now..(If you scored 115 in just 10 overs, by simple logic you can well score 805 Runs in 70 overs against me)..I really dont want to bowl so many overs now..

I scored a 22 ball 50 with the wall on amateur

----------

Also anyone up for a t-10 around 6 pm edt

I scored a 22 ball 50 with the wall on amateur

----------

Also anyone up for a t-10 around 6 pm edt

I can play right now if you want..Its still 02 hrs for IPL to start..I dont know if you have still added me or not..Its been long time that I sent req to you on PSN

Kushari i haven't been on ps3 for 1 year before 2 days ago and also i have school right now maybe we can play on the weekends

@Ishaan k when we create teams, can we try and pick teams that are SUBMITTED BY (not Created by) a specific set of people? I think the following people have made decently skilled players:

LlewelynF7 (international teams & India legends)
mrdconnors (international teams & India legends)
Karolkarol (associate nations)
chandrakif (indian domestic players)

Let's try and pick players that are ONLY created by these four people, and tweak statistics only when some glaring mistakes are visible, such as if a batsman has no points for a particular batting skills such as "on side" or if a pure bowler has batting skills as good as bowling skills, etc.

----------

@honu999 Raina and Mohit Sharma swap?

Users who are viewing this thread