PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

Came home from school today went to my room and a found a new copy of Dbc14 waiting for me!!!!!!!!!!

@Ishaan k How are you doing with the teams on CA, have you been able to start? Let us know if you need any help. Once they are ready we can all begin practicing and target the start date for the competition in about 2.5 weeks.

When making the teams can you review the skills also please and modify ones that need modifying? Look at this thread - the skills are so wrong. Mohinder Amarnath has zero bowling skills, which is frustrating. I have created another Amarnath with better skills if you want to use it for the Delhi Diamond Cutters team. Just search for the Amarnath created by arjwiz on CA.

If you want, we can all help you by nominating players from our teams who we think are poorly skilled, and you can double check them and edit them if required.

Last edited:
I have the easter long weekend which starts on Thursday all the teams will be done by Tuesday most probably

@arjwiz if u guys can pls do it will my life much easier started working on Bengal and Delhi

@arjwiz & @ishaan_k you guys you need to have a road map for how to conduct the league..I mean what is the time limit for Sarvesh to choose his final three drafts (Its already 16th April now)..What will be the last day for closing the Trade Window? At least spell out the clear cut dates/schedules and if people can not get themselves available as per majorities schedules, we will have to look for replacements (Or May be start the League with interested and dedicated managers only)..I don't think any one or two individuals should get as much time as they want as per their own convenience..We all have our own works and commitments, so we need to have and follow certain deadlines seriously, or I doubt this league tournament will be success....Being moderators, you both @arjwiz @ishaan_k needs to take charge as per required.

Last edited:
Don't worry. It's under control. I posted to Sarvesh less than two days ago and was waiting for Ishaan's response.

Ultimately, the league is waiting for three things: the teams, the patch, and two weeks for everyone to get the game and practice. Solomon still doesn't have the game.

Now that Ishaan has given us an idea of the teams, @Sarvesh_aus will have until Sunday night April 20 to reply with his team name and 3 Tier D players. If he doesnt reply or if he says he doesnt want to continue, we will use the time to find an appropriate replacement manager. If one is not found within a few short days, we will play with 8 teams.

Before the fixtures are announced, I would also like @azad and @honu999 to just check in and say you're still available to spend time playing the tournament.

When the time is right I will explain all the rules, but not in advance, as the more time we get the better we understand the game and the better we can make decisions. This has worked very well so far - look at the draft process as an example.

I mentioned yesterday that I am looking to start the league in 2.5 weeks from today (tentatively the first weekend of May).

The trading window was always said to be open until Ishaan starts building the teams. Since he replied today that he is starting on the Easter weekend, we can now confirm the the trading window closes on Friday 18 April at 11:00pm GMT.

As soon as the teams are created, I will post the rules and fixtures, after consulting with Ishaan. We will most likely do a single innings test match.

@Ishaan k okay I will create two teams that are not mine. Which ones do you want me to create? All we need to do is find the best and most accurately skilled players and create a team on CA. I will put some random default colours for now. If Kushari and Solomon and Brad want to help out with one team each it will make it easier for you.

Once all the teams are done, every manager can look at the 9 teams and point out in this thread any GLARING inconsistencies in player skills. For instance, if your all rounder is only a batsman or if someone else's bowler is an all rounder, please point it out here. Ishaan and myself (and you three if you want to help, Kushari Brad Solomon) will try and use correctly skilled players or will try and not overwrite skills or will try and reskill if needed.

I will do a final sanity check on all 9 teams myself once they are done.

----------

Trading : I'm looking for a Tier B or C or Associate right handed batsman in exchange for Munaf Patel or Mohit Sharma (they are Tier C and B respectively).

Last edited:
I am ok in making team. But the skills and attributes of a player which I feel is good enough, not necessarily will be agreeable with others or vice versa. This might end up being a double work for @arjwiz or @Ishaan k cross checking them and redoing it. I would suggest that every manager identify their own players on CA and inform Ishaan / Arjwiz with the Player names and the creators. With this Ishaan or Arjwiz just have to download those and doesn't have to keep searching each and every "M Patel" on CA. I guess this might be easier for the admins.

As said earlier, I will go by the managers decision end of the day.

Don't worry. It's under control. I posted to Sarvesh less than two days ago and was waiting for Ishaan's response.

Ultimately, the league is waiting for three things: the teams, the patch, and two weeks for everyone to get the game and practice. Solomon still doesn't have the game.

Now that Ishaan has given us an idea of the teams, @Sarvesh_aus will have until Sunday night April 20 to reply with his team name and 3 Tier D players. If he doesnt reply or if he says he doesnt want to continue, we will use the time to find an appropriate replacement manager. If one is not found within a few short days, we will play with 8 teams.

Before the fixtures are announced, I would also like @azad and @honu999 to just check in and say you're still available to spend time playing the tournament.

When the time is right I will explain all the rules, but not in advance, as the more time we get the better we understand the game and the better we can make decisions. This has worked very well so far - look at the draft process as an example.

I mentioned yesterday that I am looking to start the league in 2.5 weeks from today (tentatively the first weekend of May).

The trading window was always said to be open until Ishaan starts building the teams. Since he replied today that he is starting on the Easter weekend, we can now confirm the the trading window closes on Friday 18 April at 11:00pm GMT.

As soon as the teams are created, I will post the rules and fixtures, after consulting with Ishaan. We will most likely do a single innings test match.

@Ishaan k okay I will create two teams that are not mine. Which ones do you want me to create? All we need to do is find the best and most accurately skilled players and create a team on CA. I will put some random default colours for now. If Kushari and Solomon and Brad want to help out with one team each it will make it easier for you.

Once all the teams are done, every manager can look at the 9 teams and point out in this thread any GLARING inconsistencies in player skills. For instance, if your all rounder is only a batsman or if someone else's bowler is an all rounder, please point it out here. Ishaan and myself (and you three if you want to help, Kushari Brad Solomon) will try and use correctly skilled players or will try and not overwrite skills or will try and reskill if needed.

I will do a final sanity check on all 9 teams myself once they are done.

----------

Trading : I'm looking for a Tier B or C or Associate right handed batsman in exchange for Munaf Patel or Mohit Sharma (they are Tier C and B respectively).

@arjwiz I believe its a extremely difficult job creating the skill for the players, as it is always debatable, how much skill point one should give to his/others players? Whoever give the skills to any player, what will be the standard procedure for that? I mean for my team, I may consider Shakib-Ul Hasan a WORLD CLASS All rounder & would love to give him skill points accordingly, but in your view he may be a MEDIOCORE All Rounder & you might want to give him low skill points, so what is the solution for this? I think, its always better If we let one person do the skill part and we need to trust him to be fair..or else I see it as a potential issue for managers thinking the person in-charge for being biased..Would love to get your opinion on this matter..

@arjwiz I am always available. I dont comment in threads as I dont have anything to comment on. So count me in & dont panic if you dont see me much active before the tournament.:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

@arjwiz I have already made my Punjab Warrior Team and gave all player the highest possible skill points..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Of course I will not be able to use the same team (Skill wise), but that's what I am talking about, I don't see there is any proven methodology to come into a definitive conclusion about how to assign skill points to a particular team.. I would rather leave it to you & Ishaan and go along with whatever you two decide, as the more I will get involve the more I will find problem and have issues with others opinions..

Last edited:
Tier D players for my team : Taruwar Kohli,Sachin Baby,Manpreet Gony

TEAM NAME : Karnataka Cyborgs

Sorry guys I'm really very busy with my apartment shifting as well as business. I'm having the game as well as PS3 with me,but I'm unable to get time & money to buy a TV and Internet connetion.:facepalm

As of now I'm going to my home town for voting for Lok sabha Elections,and functions to attend until 22nd of this month :noway

Please give me the last chance to participate until 23rd of this month.

I thank everyone for being patient and giving me the time and opportunity to be a part of this exciting PC tournament.

@arjwiz nice trailer BTW :cheers :clap

Sorry guys I'm really very busy with my apartment shifting as well as business. I'm having the game as well as PS3 with me,but I'm unable to get time & money to buy a TV and Internet connetion.:facepalm

As of now I'm going to my home town for voting for Lok sabha Elections,and functions to attend until 22nd of this month :noway

I thank everyone for being patient and giving me the time and opportunity to be a part of this exciting PC tournament.

@Sarvesh_aus Thanks buddy for confirming your participation..looking forward to play with you online..

Skills are something I've always been concerned about. My thread over the weekend in the main forum, where I gave the Saeed Anwar example, showed how concerned I was.

What we must ensure is that Ishaan and I make as few changes to the skills as possible, and in most cases just pick players who are fairly accurately skilled. This means that Shakib al Hassan has to have some semblance of being an all rounder. Whether his skills suggest that his batting is as good as Jayawardene or Jadeja doesnt matter too much today in the sense that not much can be done about it (unless one neutral manager decides to redo skills for 126 players, which we won't find).

Let's do this.

1. Arjwiz will make 3 teams (say Punjab, TN, Kerala) and ensure correctly skilled players are picked. I will start tomorrow evening. Ishaan will similarly make the remaining 6 teams.
2. We will post the squads here along with the creator names so that no one can change these later in the tournament. When managers download these teams from CA and link players, they must overwrite everything, including skills.
3. Managers can post here suggested players with creator names for their teams (like Solomon suggested) starting now.
4. Once all the teams are done, Arjwiz we do a sanity check on all players, only to check if the skills are fairly representative. Big problems (such as Amarnath having zero bowling skills or Anwar having zero batting skills) will be rectified if they have crept through stages 1 and 2 of the process. If the skills are only slightly innacurate (eg Umesh Yadav is a better bowler than Junaid Khan) then it will be ignored, since tweaking slightly for a few players would mean everyone needs to be tweaked, which is not possible since it is time consuming and since it depends on creator bias.
5. Simultaneously, all managers are welcome to perform sanity checks on any teams and post any GLARING anomalies here. Arjwiz and Ishaan will decide whether it needs to be changed or not.

Hopefully all of this is done by early next week.

----------

I will update the first posts and the image today.

Sarvesh, yes its ok if you're unavailable till the 23rd but you will be regularly available in May right?

I love the trailer too and its 100% young Ishaan's work!

I will update the first posts and the image today.

Sarvesh, yes its ok if you're unavailable till the 23rd but you will be regularly available in May right?

I love the trailer too and its 100% young Ishaan's work!

@arjwiz thank you once again.Yes I'll be always online,as I had quoted past regarding the timings of availability :cheers

nice trailer @Ishaan k

Users who are viewing this thread