PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

Match Rules, Tournament Rules and Points System updated in the first post. WE ARE GOOD TO GO!!!!! :D

Please read the first post and ask me if you have any questions. Understand well how to set up a match against your opponent.

I'm pasting the rules here for ease of reading:

Match Rules

READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE SETTING UP ANY MATCH!

Any manager who is hosting the match must create a new match type.

To create a new match type, go to Don Bradman Cricket Academy > Match Type Designer > New Match Type and use the following settings:

• Wickets per innings: 10
  • Balls per over: 6
  • Days per match: 3
  • Overs per day: 70
  • 2 Innings Match: Yes
  • Innings 1 & 2 Compulsory Closures: Not Enforced
  • Start Time: 9:30 am
  • Sessions- Session 1 Duration: 4 hours
  • Bowlers have over cap: No
  • Use diff ball from each end: No
  • New ball available: 35 overs
  • Follow on: Trailing by 200
  • Test match style wides: Yes
  • Free hit on no ball: No
  • No ball value: 1 run
  • Bouncers per over: 2
  • Decision reviews per innings: 2
  • BARS reset at: 35 overs
  • Keep BARS on umpire's call: No
  • Drawn/tied match: No winner is fine
  • Fielding restrictions: Max legside=9, Max behind leg=2, Max outfielders=9, Fielding restriction count=0
  • Visuals: Leave as default, with rope distance=Medium

Then press circle to go back and press triangle to edit the name to "PC Ranji Rules".

There will be maximum 105 overs per team and 210 overs per match. If you bat for 105 overs, you have to declare and cannot bat again in the match. In the first innings, you can continue batting until (a) you declare, or (b) you are all out, or (c) you play 105 overs. In the second innings you can continue batting until (a) you declare, or (b) you are all out, or (c) you chase down the target, or (d) you play a total of 105 overs across two innings, in which case you must declare.

While setting up an online match, do not select Normalise Skills

Other Tournament Rules
  • Each match needs to be completed within 14 days of scheduling.
  • Managers should set up their matches well in advance by communicating on this forum.
  • Do not accept any forfeit request EVER.
  • In case your player is ruled out by the umpire due to a bug (such as bowled when it hit the legs, or caught when it bounces, or lag during play), tough luck. The same can happen to both players.
  • You MUST SAVE YOUR GAME every 10 overs. You have to save and exit, and then load the game again.
  • If any player gets disconnected or receives a black screen of death bug, please continue from the last save point.
  • Please try and connect your PS3 using a wired connection since BigAnt have confirmed that online play performs better this way.
  • It would be very exciting and informative for us all if you wrote down your scores at the end of every 10 overs or every session for everyone to see. Just the main scores and top batsmen/bowlers.

Points System

The official Ranji Trophy points system will be adopted.

• Outright Win - 6 points
  • Bonus Point (for innings or 10 wicket wins) - 1 point
  • First Innings Lead in a Drawn Match - 3 points
  • First Innings Deficit in a Drawn Match - 1 point
  • No Result - 1 point each
  • Outright Loss - 0 points

In case of equal points at the end of the tournament, ranking will be decided by Net Average; the higher the better. This is similar to Net Run Rate, but considers wickets instead of overs. The formula for Net Average is {(Total Runs scored in the tournament/Total Wickets lost in the tournament) - (Total Runs conceded in the tournament/Total Wickets taken in the tournament)}. Based on the formula (and based on logic), a higher Net Average is caused due to scoring more runs and taking more wickets, while losing less wickets and conceding less runs. A losing team is considered to have lost 20 wickets even if they have declared either of their innings (and the winning team is therefore considered to have taken 20 wickets). A winning team or drawn team or tied team is considered to have lost only the actual number of wickets they lost in the match.

Hi, I am not part of this league but I would suggest is a short test match. Thats a format I have created using Academy.

You can select maximum overs per day as 45 which is half and first innings to compulsory declare in 60th over. This gives opportunity to go for win from first innings and online Test Match competition does not sound pretty viable option, people would eventually get bored seeing the lag.

Again its my opinion to make your league better and I hope you guys have fun and success. Good luck :thumbs

Hi, I am not part of this league but I would suggest is a short test match. Thats a format I have created using Academy.

You can select maximum overs per day as 45 which is half and first innings to compulsory declare in 60th over. This gives opportunity to go for win from first innings and online Test Match competition does not sound pretty viable option, people would eventually get bored seeing the lag.

Again its my opinion to make your league better and I hope you guys have fun and success. Good luck :thumbs

Thanks Rahul. So you're suggesting 5 days of 45 overs each?

Actually our matches are even shorter than that. They are 3 days of 70 overs each. Declarations after 105 overs per team across two innings. Detailed rules are on the first post of this thread.

@bradthelad Lets start playing from tomorrow anytime after 2200 hrs IST, if that's OK with you? But I may not be able to play more than 30/35 Overs in a stretch as I get headache otherwise..

Okk just be on this forum and post up if your ready and if im online i will more than likley play :)

@arjwiz I have sent you a request on psn long back. You havent added me back. Any idea where is @azad? its been long time since i saw him here in the forum

Sorry, what's your PSN?

I'm updating post 3 with everyone's PSN. Can you all tell me your PSNs?

@arjwiz buddy, what is the function of normalization box? Earlier I think you told we need to click YES on Normalization, but in your final Rules, you advised, we SHOULD NOT click Yes on Normalize box...just wanted to know whats going on...

@arjwiz buddy, what is the function of normalization box? Earlier I think you told we need to click YES on Normalization, but in your final Rules, you advised, we SHOULD NOT click Yes on Normalize box...just wanted to know whats going on...

Normalisation should theoretically take care of instances where one team has players who have significantly greater skills than the other. So if someone modifies their players' skills, he won't get a big advantage.

Earlier we didn't know how skills work and were just downloading players by random creators. So there was no balance. Since then, I reskilled everyone, so we don't want normalisation now, because I have manually normalised them, which is a much better type or normalisation.

Now we should not edit our players and ensure that our opponent's havent edited theirs by going over the number of stars that are in post 3.

Users who are viewing this thread