Real Cricket Real Cricket '14: Live: iOS & Android!

How do you guys rate Real Cricket? 14 Vs the Rest?

• The Best

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Better than Some

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • At Par

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • The Others are Better

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Feedback

Positives:
1. Great variety of shots for a mobile game. Some of them are probably available for the first time in a cricket game. Animations are very good too and when the shots come off, they look splendid
2. I love the on-drive, flick and hook shot animations, each of these shots reminds me of a player who plays the shot in very similar fashion.
3. Same with bowling animations: Fast bowlers animation looks like that of Steyn and Off Spinners like that of Swann
4. Some regular shots like the conventional sweep shot, pull shot are missing. I did notice that the final game will have 27 different shots and the beta has 19, so maybe these shots are covered in the full version.

Bugs:
1. I concur with @asprin. I have noticed that if you miss a ball heading towards the 6th stump on the off side, you end up getting bowled.
2. Got it to crash randomly on my Nexus 7 after playing for a while. On my Note 2 it is relatively stable until you change the bowler type and then it crashes. Also crashed once when resuming the game from suspended mode.
3. When resuming the game from suspended mode (press Home button while in the nets, do something and come back to the game) the bowler stops bowling. The bowling speed indicator moves up/down but nothing else happens until I go to settings, change some parameters and start the nets again.
4. Sometimes when I press no button for a shot and ball is directed towards the body of the player, it kind of gets stuck (or lost) i.e. it possibly hits the batsman and then the ball is lost.

Suggestions:
1. Ball Bounce: As mentioned earlier in my previous post, the ball bounce is a little weird. Even while defending of the back-foot, the ball bounces 4-5 times on the pitch before coming to a halt. Even when the ball hits the batsman?s body, it bounces off the pitch very unnaturally. Also, it bounces too much off the nets.
2. Collision: Another thing is the the actual nets area seems to be smaller than what appears on display. When I hit cover drive, for example, the ball appears to have hit the nets and bounces back way inside the line of the actual nets being displayed. Something to do with the collision happening at the wrong place?
3. Shot Variations: It appears that each of the shot go to a fixed place (or at max two spots) every time you play them. For example, cover drive goes to almost the same area and at same loft whenever I play it irrespective of where the ball is pitched.
3. UI Elements: I have a XHDPI display and some UI elements could be made a bit bigger. Especially with the bowling beta, the bowl button (>>) was very small and there is no visual feedback of it being pressed. The shot buttons look OK in size. However, I think the D-Pad should be made bigger and allow more movement of the arm, if you know what I mean. It looks a tad bit clunky at the moment. Also, the other indicators could be increased in size slightly, especially on higher-res devices.
4. Difficulty: Not sure what difficulty the beta is locked into but it appears that playing shots is too easy. Also, I can be way out of the line of the pitch of the ball and still connect my shots. If the net?s are at the easiest difficulty settings, then it is understandable.
5. Wide deliveries: I know there is no bowling AI in the nets, but you could possibly tone down the wide-deliveries. I have had some really very, very wide deliveries both on the off and leg-side. Also, have a few more deliveries pitched on the leg side than at the present.
6. Single hand controls: I think given the nature of platform (mobile), it would be a great feature addition to have single-hand controls. At the moment, it is not possible to play the game with just one hand. It could be pretty simple to implement: Have the buttons for Defence, Stroke and Loft as toggles before the delivery and have the user swipe in the direction they want to play the shot.
7. Next button: Give visual feedback on Next button where we select bowler type/hand etc. Also, the game stalls for a few seconds when pressing ?Next? button. Instead a loading indicator should be shown.
8. Pitch marker: Maybe give an option to allow user to set the pitch marker when batting so as to practice some specific shots.
9. Front-foot/Back-foot selection: This one for the next iteration perhaps but allow manual foot selection.

User of htc one x...
If u press any button for playing shot before bowl,batsman cannot return in norman position.
2nd.Moving left and right so slow....

Filled up the feedback form based on my observations :)!

Game looks great at this stage.

Comprehensive and really helpful Pat. Thank you for the feedback. Stuff like this really helps us and for that matter drives us forward ... we will try to incorporate as much as we can. Hopefully all of it.

It's absolutely brilliant, the gameplay is just fantastic. I was a big fan of your previous release on Symbian and this one has raised the bar way higher. The graphics has been very good too taking in the fact that it's 2D. Works flawlessly on my Samsung Grand. Thankfully as promised there wasn't any swipe controls, I personally hate them too. I just hope the game looks as well as feel greater in the full release. Great job guys.:thumbs

Curious as to what those numbers at the bottom left are for. The last one is FPS, but the other two? Debugging information?

Yes.. thats right.
Those were put in case someone gets an issue which we cannot reproduce here, we could understand more by asking for the debug numbers.

Is this out on android yet? Can't find it...

Looking great.Is this will be available on Nokia S60v3 mobiles?
Not this time mate, unfortunately you are going to have to switch to a smartphone and preferably an android if you want to be amongst the first to play the game when it releases.

If there gonna be bowling, do make sure its not based on pitch marker.

----------

You can ask for line by moving arrows possible, and get the length(full, good and short) through some buttons and 'd pad' can be used the invisible pitch marker to move over the input region. And at the rime of release a speed meter and relate it with the no-ball, as no better alternative can be found.:/
Best of luck, anyways!:thumbs
Thanks for your idea, its triggered a really cool thought in my head. Let me check if we can implement something and make some sense out of it.
Btw have you tried the net session ?

Users who are viewing this thread