Real Cricket Real Cricket '14: Live: iOS & Android!

How do you guys rate Real Cricket? 14 Vs the Rest?

• The Best

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Better than Some

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • At Par

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • The Others are Better

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Hi..seems to be a very good game. Does the game have replays, Hawk eye, DRS...i know its too much to ask for in a mobile game...but curious to know if the game has it, or may be in the future edition...;)

Hope this game will make to our expectations . Waiting for its release. :thumbs

Hello sauvir, sorry we wont be launching the title with replays, DRS or hawkeye. I hear requests about these features all the time, but would rather focus our energy towards more important and long term features at the start i.e. fundamental gameplay, core mechanics etc.
Replays and hawkeye are features we could include in subsequent updates but DRS at the moment is definitely not in the plan.
Sorry to disappoint on this front but hopefully we will have a lot of other features you would enjoy that can compensate.

Coming to forum after quite long time.Seriously this game looks good.I did try the latest beta version and its quite good.Far better than other cricket games.All the best and waiting for march 31.Cheers:thumbs

Thanks sashidharan, welcome back to the forums and hope you will enjoy the full game when it comes out.

Well, so we will be getting Real Cricket 14 before DBC 14. Look forward to 31st March :)

That's if we manage to have the game ready for you ... so far so good. ;)
That said its my birthday on the 2nd and I really doubt I'd like to spend it at work so chances are we'll stick to 31st :)

Last edited:
What I particularly like about this game is the overall concept behind it, cricket lovers usually want a game which has well simulated ball physics, strong level of basic gameplay(shots, swing, spin,etc.) and replay value, in making this game, the developers have focused on the right aspects of the gameplay.

Most developers have recently tried to make games in 3d and looked to add a lot of unwanted elements which result in buggy, unrealistic and unfinished games leaving us unsatisfied with the overall gaming experience. People don't understand that it is possible to make more aesthetically appealing games in 2d rather than 3d. M not saying that 3d games are bad, but if you are looking to make them, they shouldn't seem robotic and monotonous.

In real cricket 14,
the shots and bowling actions, even though they are in 2d, look a lot more polished, also the amount of detailing done seems very eye catching,
the ball physics, looks very fluid and isn't too repetitive.
I would like to see the overall gameplay, but from whatever I have seen so far it seems the game is a lot better than other cricket games and will have a good replay value.
I think you should even look to release a PC version. M sure it'll work.

One suggestion from me would be about the bouncer, some of the recent games do not allow you to bowl a proper bouncer, even if you pitch it short, it seems like just another delivery, I hope in this game I can distinguish the bouncer from other deliveries because it makes fast bowling a lot more fun.

I know you can't fit in every single thing in one game:p but I guess the most important requirements are taken care of. Best of Luck for your game...

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I had spoken about a lot of things you mentioned in the PC interview as well and its nice to know that some of you seem to agree with me ;) ... doesn't happen very often - ask my programmers :noway . Hearing nice things about what we are doing really spurs us on.
I would however like to disagree with the last point you made "I know you can't fit in every single thing in one game" - this is possible with dedication, determination and above all TIME.
When we started this project (15th December or somewhere close to it wrt concept art) there were a lot of doubts if we could pull off something in the given timeframe (about 90 days). Obviously over the timeframe, there have been a lot of compromises that we have had to make and we had to differ a lot of features to updates. We are looking at Real Cricket 14 as a franchise, and I don't think anything will be perfect to begin .. atleast not as per my definition of perfect. But it will build over time, for that we need the encouragement from people like you and all the other amazing fellas - Pat, angad, aspirin ... so many here on PC. (which is why I chose PC as our official forum).
We want to use our limited time frame for the first release to demonstrate what we can do .. and later use your feedback to add "meaningful" updates - wagon wheels, spider graphs, DRS etc ... these don't seem to be important enough features for a beginner franchises like us to consider unless 90% of our users tell us that the fundamental gameplay is satisfactory.

I hope I have managed to give you some more insight into our vision behind Real Cricket 14.

One suggestion: The bowler's follow through after delvering the ball looks incomplete occasionally. I mean it looks like they become statue after deliveing the ball. Is that something which can be looked upon? or maybe it is just visible during this net session and may not be that apparent during the actual game where there could be cut-scenes.

Thanks for your suggestion - I can confirm that this has been looked after :) and you will have a more complete follow through in the release build.

Hi guys.. Have played the latest beta for quite a while and enjoyed every bit of it(physics & art). Great work on this especially considering how hard it is to pull it off on mobile platform.

An observation, shared by a few others, is that after a bit of practice, I seem to be able to cream every single ball. Understand that the nets correspond to an easy level. However, this may be a threat to the game's longevity as clearly you guys are not trying to emulate Stick Cricket in terms of gameplay. One thing you might consider doing is to introduce an increased element of risk into shots that are repeated on consecutive deliveries. At a broader level, you can also do the same with continued batting aggression.
Another observation is that the ball leaves the view fairly regularly. Understand that this might be because you are using a fixed camera for nets. However, was curious to know if in the full game, you will be using an additional camera view which follows the ball or keeps the ball within our view constantly (unlike the early Brian Lara games which suddenly shifted focus to the fielder after the shot was played). Maybe this might be a reason that I find myself creaming every other ball - limited visibility of ball trajectory.
Anyways keep up the good work. Hope you guys do well with this game on a financial front.

Adding further, batting in this game is like slow poison - you get deeply addicted :). Also hope you are already including the option of eliminating the ball pitch indicator in the final game (in higher difficulty levels) - will definitely work with your existing control scheme.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread