Real Cricket Real Cricket '14: Live: iOS & Android!

How do you guys rate Real Cricket? 14 Vs the Rest?

• The Best

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Better than Some

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • At Par

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • The Others are Better

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
What do you guys think is a good price for a great cricket game on the mobile and smartphone platform ?

I think it would depend a lot on how the game appeals to the people. If it strikes the right cord with them, they wouldn't mind going a bit extra to get it.

The video looks really good. Expectations are up now, you guys are doing a fabulous job.

What do you guys think is a good price for a great cricket game on the mobile and smartphone platform ?
I think somewhere around Rs. 199 should be good enough.

The look is very nice! I wish the developers of International Cricket Captain are paying attention because the in-game portion of their product should look exactly like this. God knows it's much better than the tripe they have now.

Anything between $2.99 and $4.99 is reasonable. I know you are an expert in this but would suggest not having separate free and paid versions, rather just have one version with in-app purchases (comparatively more difficult to pirate).

----------

Hey guys, Something to stir you guys up!
I just want to release a rough image (look and feel) of one of the features I am working to include in the game. Let me know what you guys think-

:cheers

I can see you have drawn inspiration for Auction UI design from Cricket Coach. Not necessarily a bad thing. ;)

Anything between $2.99 and $4.99 is reasonable. I know you are an expert in this but would suggest not having separate free and paid versions, rather just have one version with in-app purchases (comparatively more difficult to pirate).

----------

I can see you have drawn inspiration for Auction UI design from Cricket Coach. Not necessarily a bad thing. ;)
Thanks Pat, I agree with you 100% on the idea of having just one version of the game and to have in-app.
Piracy is a big problem as always and as developers in-app is the best way of combating it.
With regard to the price points, I am thinking of introducing various lower price points to unlock different aspects of the game such as game modes etc.
I don't want to necessarily add 1000 things the user needs to purchase but keep it simple as in the case with Stick Cricket.
The idea I am working on right now is pay smaller prices ($0.50) for individual game modes etc which would amount to around $4.99 if one buys things separately but offer a bundle which basically is a full game unlock for $1.99 which could go down to something as low as $0.99 when I am really happy and offering a sale :yes

Thanks Pat, I agree with you 100% on the idea of having just one version of the game and to have in-app.
Piracy is a big problem as always and as developers in-app is the best way of combating it.
With regard to the price points, I am thinking of introducing various lower price points to unlock different aspects of the game such as game modes etc.
I don't want to necessarily add 1000 things the user needs to purchase but keep it simple as in the case with Stick Cricket.
The idea I am working on right now is pay smaller prices ($0.50) for individual game modes etc which would amount to around $4.99 if one buys things separately but offer a bundle which basically is a full game unlock for $1.99 which could go down to something as low as $0.99 when I am really happy and offering a sale :yes

Sounds like a good idea. I am from the same industry (mobile development) so I know how big the piracy problem is, especially on Android devices :)

I like the option of player auction, but it makes sense only if players have diff skill level... For instance will batsman with higher batting skills be more powerful and effective then other one having lower skill? Same in case of bowlers as well?

Also will there be a player editor where we can customize the player skills?

I like the option of player auction, but it makes sense only if players have diff skill level... For instance will batsman with higher batting skills be more powerful and effective then other one having lower skill? Same in case of bowlers as well?

Also will there be a player editor where we can customize the player skills?
Hi,
All players will have skills/attributes be it bowling or batting based according to each player's real world data.
These attributes will affect how each player bats or bowls or rather how efficiently those 2 actions can be performed.
For instance a Herbhejan Sengh will be able to bowl better and generate more turn than J.P. Duminee despite the fact that both are right arm offspinners.

P.S. - Note the names of the players ;)

There will be a player editor but this will only allow you to change/edit player names.

Hi,
All players will have skills/attributes be it bowling or batting based according to each player's real world data.
These attributes will affect how each player bats or bowls or rather how efficiently those 2 actions can be performed.
For instance a Herbhejan Sengh will be able to bowl better and generate more turn than J.P. Duminee despite the fact that both are right arm offspinners.

P.S. - Note the names of the players ;)

There will be a player editor but this will only allow you to change/edit player names.

Will more turn mean more difficulty in batting? I ask this because there have been games before where the amount of turn, swing etc was only there as eye candy!

Will more turn mean more difficulty in batting? I ask this because there have been games before where the amount of turn, swing etc was only there as eye candy!
In simple terms yes... turn creates a diagonal ball path which in turn automatically becomes a harder collision target for the bat than a regular straight ball.
So we are looking for instance in having a situation where if a leg spinner turns the ball substantially and the batsman looks to play against the spin with a on-drive or a flick the chances of the batsman missing the ball due to the substantial turn increase.
Hope I have managed to answer your question. :D

Users who are viewing this thread