Really giving up with batting?!!

So...I say, leave it out. Want to get better? Hit the nets (thats what I do). What we SHOULD be asking for is to be able to use OUR career batsman in the nets, not 99 rated Sir Don Bradman. If my late cuts are slow because my players' skills are low...then let me practice how early I need to play the shot. Maybe if we had this as an option (in the career menu screen instead of 'Play next game'), that would relieve some angst re batting.

Match practise is better than the nets from this perspective, because you can pick a good bowler, and a bad batsman - and there's a field, which gives more information.

You'll notice that we're not just talking about timing meters, here - we're talking about feedback on the sticks as well.

You said some stuff about playing in the meat that I think is untrue. In the meat, I _knew_ what I'd done wrong to get out. I could feel it through the bat - it's called tactile feedback, and it's what's missing from the game (at the lower levels, and as an option one can turn off if they don't want it)

agree 100% re timing feedback post shot... main point was that there can't be a metre pre/during shot.

Vibration feedback for batting
perfect timed shot no vibration
the worse its time the stronger the vibration

Wonder if that can be done, think it can thou

Vibration feedback for batting
perfect timed shot no vibration
the worse its time the stronger the vibration

Wonder if that can be done, think it can thou

Fantastic idea. It could be coupled with varying sounds, e.g. that lovely "pop" noise you get when you hit the ball flush in the middle.

That, coupled with a vibration, would perfectly mimic real life.

It'd also tie in well with vibrations for edges.

Probably asking too much for a patch though, at least this upcoming one.

A couple of questions about batting, is it possible to play a slog sweep? I have tried pressing L2 whilst pressing L1 but it doesnt seem to do anything. I can play a ground sweep shot but not a lofted one. To learn the batting i played a couple od T20 tournaments on amateur level to learn the timing of shots. Just bumped myself up to Pro level where i am still competing well, and scoring regular 50's with Batsmen. Going to give a career another go soon.

Uh, it already does give vibration feedback for shot timing. Some people have been complaining that they get NO vibration feedback at all, but I've had it for nicks and for especially bad timing of shots.

Both these points have previously been confirmed by Ross/HBK.

A couple of questions about batting, is it possible to play a slog sweep? I have tried pressing L2 whilst pressing L1 but it doesnt seem to do anything. I can play a ground sweep shot but not a lofted one. To learn the batting i played a couple od T20 tournaments on amateur level to learn the timing of shots. Just bumped myself up to Pro level where i am still competing well, and scoring regular 50's with Batsmen. Going to give a career another go soon.

There is no slog sweep in the game and I don't think this can be patched in.

Uh, it already does give vibration feedback for shot timing. Some people have been complaining that they get NO vibration feedback at all, but I've had it for nicks and for especially bad timing of shots.

No vibrations here. Are you on ps3?

No vibrations here. Are you on ps3?

Yes.

----------

Note - I experienced the exact same vibration frequency/strength for edges and mis-timed shots when playing on PC in the nets with the exact same controller.

Yes.

----------

Note - I experienced the exact same vibration frequency/strength for edges and mis-timed shots when playing on PC in the nets with the exact same controller.

Neither do i have any
then again it might be that i turned it off in options
will check this and confirm thou

Thanks

I'm resigned to the fact that I just play everything off the front foot. Purely on the basis that doing this will allow me to play any well pitched or overpitched delivery....if I get the occasional short ball then it just hits me! Doesn't hurt apparently as the batsman never flinches or rubs the area of body that is hit.
I would love to play every delivery on it's merit....but the gameplay is too quick.

Bit of a cheap way to bat...but hey, I need to make runs.

Maybe a very occasional tiny Rumble. But "vibration feedback for shot timing" is a bit of a glamorous way to describe it.

I'm resigned to the fact that I just play everything off the front foot. Purely on the basis that doing this will allow me to play any well pitched or overpitched delivery....if I get the occasional short ball then it just hits me! Doesn't hurt apparently as the batsman never flinches or rubs the area of body that is hit.
I would love to play every delivery on it's merit....but the gameplay is too quick.

Bit of a cheap way to bat...but hey, I need to make runs.

You don't even need to wear them. You can pull and cut off the front foot just fine.

You don't even need to wear them. You can pull and cut off the front foot just fine.

it's not every time, but now and again i can pick it up early enough and few things in the game are more satisfying than being ready to drive, seeing it early and rocking back for a cut and nailing it for four.

Users who are viewing this thread