Reformed Smokers

Tom, I can't speak for giving up smoking, as I've never smoked, nor ever will. But I have had the experience of making a major lifestyle change, which although different to your situation, was still making a major change to better my health.

You have your reason for giving up smoking and from what I've read, you don't seem to be backing down on the plan to give up.

I would suggest looking at when you smoke, ie, who with, where, etc. Then try to correct those problems, then, if you have no reason to smoke it should be a bit easier.

Are friends, etc being supportive?

Tom, I can't speak for giving up smoking, as I've never smoked, nor ever will. But I have had the experience of making a major lifestyle change, which although different to your situation, was still making a major change to better my health.

You have your reason for giving up smoking and from what I've read, you don't seem to be backing down on the plan to give up.

I would suggest looking at when you smoke, ie, who with, where, etc. Then try to correct those problems, then, if you have no reason to smoke it should be a bit easier.

Are friends, etc being supportive?

Cheers for the support.

Well it was my ex who got me hooked on fags and we were together for a long time. When we split up I sort of continued and a few of my mates smoke anyway.

But my new GF told me how much she hates smoking so I decided to quit for her :) I'm also avoiding those who smoke at the moment due to exam leave and only really seeing my GF now which does make things easier. Only had a couple since the week-end which is a big improvement :)

Mate no problem. I hope you realise I never hold grudges (except with Andrew Nixon :mad) :p

Yeah I'm chewing away quite a bit at the moment. For me I'm finding the patches are really good.

Thanks to everyone for the support, this'll be a long and hard process (No innuendo's Stu ;))

The nicotine gum should help though it is possible that you might get addicted to the gum if you use it for too long.

Like Nigel, I've never smoked and never plan to. I think that it's a shame that only your girlfriend could convince you to quit. My grandfather smoked for about 40 years but quit recently and did it very easily. He spoke to his doctor I believe, so perhaps try that.

The only thing I've tried quitting is procrastinating while I'm supposed to be working. I'm still working on it.

Cheers for the support Dean and Abhinav :cheers

I'm swimming in pamphlets from my local GP :p

Also I really respect my GF's views which is why I'm quitting :)

Tom, here is something to keep you going.

If you don't stop smoking, I'll make sure your gf gets that story. ;)

Yes I do realise that - I just appreciate your girlfriends amazing pair of bouncy boobs :)

Users who are viewing this thread