Release Date-August 7 ( New Trailer, July 16 )

Absolutely cannot wait for this game. Been waiting for over 2 years since BLIC on the PS2. Really looking forward to seeing it when it comes out on the xbox - and it's out the day after my birthday too so I know whats top of my wishlist!:D

Has anyone else noticed that the clip of "STRAUSS" playing the cut shot is in fact Alistair Cook?

Yh, your right it is Alistair Cook playing the cut shot but further in the video the batsman raising his bat is actually Andrew Strauss.

Last edited:
What do you want? The Sun video was the official trailer! And at least now they've confirmed the release date.

sorry i just thought they might put something new thats all,
and have real good site up like most of there other major games on there site :cool:

Codemasters have now put trailer on their site:happy

friend863 added 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Orginally Posted by Codemasters
we’ve just released the first gameplay video for Ashes Cricket 2009™, the official game of the series. England heroes Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Strauss, James Anderson and Monty Panesar all feature in the video
It says that this was gameplay video:mad:. I was waiting for another video which is for only gameplay.

The trailer tells us that the game seems to have the same horrible animations as Brian Lara Cricket which is pretty disappointing, but oh well.

The trailer tells us that the game seems to have the same horrible animations as Brian Lara Cricket which is pretty disappointing, but oh well.

The dev, Heath is it? Has said that the shots aren't like that, or said something similar.

Man it is in Easy mode!!
and the trailer is just to attract Casual Gamer;)

But my question is 7 th August is World wide Release date ??

Last edited:
The Ricky ponting shot is appalling, If he just played a defensive stroke it would have looked nice but he follows through to some weird loft over mid on. It just looks terrible

I just guess that. I think codies will give release date at the start of august or 20 days before it get's release like they did for AC 2009 PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

I just guess that. I think codies will give release date at the start of august or 20 days before it get's release like they did for AC 2009 PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.
But you have to remember, games are nearly always released on Fridays.

Users who are viewing this thread