Release in North America + Preorder Prices?

Okay, good. I'm hoping it will be clear, concise and include ALL the info - PC retail, PC digital, Console retail, Console digital, country, prices, release dates (not vague ones - 2 months later bullshit) etc.

Getting info on this game and release is like getting your tooth pulled...
I've seen similar smaller companies market and release games with better information and control so people aren't in the dark with a couple of weeks before release.

Getting info on this game and release is like getting your tooth pulled...
I've seen similar smaller companies market and release games with better information and control so people aren't in the dark with a couple of weeks before release.

It was very clear that, PS3 is coming out on April 3 and PC is getting released in 2 months time frame gap. So not sure on which dark world you are referring to, if you are referring to North America - then, nation itself is in dark world when it comes to cricket & you cannot expect a brighter side of it from this game.

We need to go search for the ways to get it or, wait for the options till it is made feasible for us to get it.

It was very clear that, PS3 is coming out on April 3 and PC is getting released in 2 months time frame gap. So not sure on which dark world you are referring to, if you are referring to North America - then, nation itself is in dark world when it comes to cricket & you cannot expect a brighter side of it from this game.

We need to go search for the ways to get it or, wait for the options till it is made feasible for us to get it.

Well, I'm not referring to the US in general but the rest of the nations as well. For e.g. the info for UK release site of where to buy is tbd etc. with just a couple of weeks prior to release. There's very little official game info - no demo (albeit there was a semi-demo of nets play), no beta, no official videos of gameplay, no word till recently on when it will *actually* release, no word on when the PC version will actually release (apart from a vague - 2months later), no mentions in major gaming sites (apart from one informative IGN site), no marketing seen in places, no coming soon on sites like Steam or Amazon (Amazon doesn't even have a thumbnail cover), no mention of digital release on consoles etc.

Really, it has been a journey in the dark mostly with information just stumbling along because thankfully the developer is posting here. If you go to another cricketing site you might not find any info on that. Perhaps even advertising on a famous site like cricinfo.com might really market it but not there either.

That is the dark I'm referring to. A seemingly good product wrapped around a poorly handled release/marketing.

And I agree with us being in the "dark world". The problem I see in America is many people seem to be strangely proud of their ignorance and people like Sarah Palin have showed them that it is good to be proud of your ignorance and make lots of money from it. Even things like Cosmos - an excellent show and that too on Fox of all channels getting some things censored from it in certain conservative places like Oklahoma etc. Some of us do embrace this dark, but not all. As an American, I feel there are lots of us who are well aware of world politics and other views but we get drowned out by the sheer ignorance and shock and awe news bereft of actual meaningful content.
But I digress....

Even things like Cosmos - an excellent show and that too on Fox of all channels getting some things censored from it in certain conservative places like Oklahoma etc

I did not hear anything about cosmo show getting censored. Interesting. Have to read up on it.

I don't think it's in order of important. First doesn't trump second.
Frankly though my favourite amendment has always been the 3rd. That can be a real problem round where I live.

I don't think it's in order of important. First doesn't trump second.
Frankly though my favourite amendment has always been the 3rd. That can be a real problem round where I live.

Last soldier I saw quartered up there was William Wallace.

:facepalm

Interesting story about the SNP demanding a pardon from the government for Wallace about 15 years ago or so. The Home Office were able to write a suitably snotty response about how Wallace could only be in need of a pardon if he had actually been able to commit treason against the head of another sovereign nation which by asking for one the SNP were suggesting that Scotland was de facto and de jure ruled by England.

I don't see any retailer or websites taking preorder for this game in USA, so I will probably end up going the same route as before and importing the game from UK.

Well, I'm not referring to the US in general but the rest of the nations as well. For e.g. the info for UK release site of where to buy is tbd etc. with just a couple of weeks prior to release. There's very little official game info - no demo (albeit there was a semi-demo of nets play), no beta, no official videos of gameplay, no word till recently on when it will *actually* release, no word on when the PC version will actually release (apart from a vague - 2months later), no mentions in major gaming sites (apart from one informative IGN site), no marketing seen in places, no coming soon on sites like Steam or Amazon (Amazon doesn't even have a thumbnail cover), no mention of digital release on consoles etc.

Sorry but half of this is either ignorantly wrong or terribly misinformed

Very little official game information...apart from all the information we have received for the last 12+ months. I can't even fathom how you think we know 'very little' about the game

No official videos of gameplay...we got one literally last week

No beta...they've already poured a ton of money in to the Academy Beta, which I will VERY strongly argue is far more important than a gameplay beta. Having correct teams/players usable out of the box is incredibly important for this game. As a relatively small developer, you seriously can't expect them to put out a gameplay beta (and even then, they've been good enough to push out the Nets to make up for the initial release 'delay')

No marketing seen in places...except for the marketing/promotion people have actually seen in places (pictures have been posted here). Unless of course you are specifically referring to the US, in which case, you can not realistically expect promotion in what is a minor market for this game

No mention of digital release...except for the multiple times Ross has specifically answered questions about the digital release being two months after the retail release - example

Big Ant aren't developing this game on an AAA budget. Developing a new title PLUS the Cricket Academy Beta PLUS the current Nets demo PLUS a Full demo PLUS a beta PLUS whatever else you think they should have done is so incredibly unrealistic.

Perhaps you should know the full story before arbitrarily complaining

Last edited:
No, this isn't really a complaint per se. More of a lament, a contrast with other games I've followed/tracked which include bigger budget to one man games.

Re. digital release, I was referring to an "actual" release date rather than the vague "2 months later" statements.

I've been following games like Grim Dawn and paid them money (it was literally one developer when he started the Titan Quest spin off) and even he had a forum site setup, official screenshots, videos with information on Steam, pre-orders, gameplay videos on IGN, Gamespot etc. etc.
He also visited the forums and discussed game progress etc.
There was an Alpha, a Beta and it is still on Steam getting updates and more content now and then. The steam release date was posted for months and there was no dearth of information for long stretches.

With this game, I challenge you to produce more than one official video showing all aspects of the game - from batting to fielding to career management to whatever else the game offers. Sure, there was a sort of a public demo in one game shop last year with some shaky video footage recorded by good people and posted but that is not the right way to do it. Again, not a complaint but more of a takeaway as what can be done better perhaps the next go.
People are going bonkers over one official video (btw, is that the IGN one with no sound or something else?). C'mon, I'd like to see 30mins of gameplay covering an entire batting and bowling session plus whatever else they want to show off.

With this game, I am even prepared to buy it on console and PC to support the developer (which after all is the major part of the equation). I wouldn't be doing so unless I felt genuinely excited by the product quality which seems good. This is referring to other aspects of the game.

Outside this website, I haven't found an official forum for this game even. I'd think they should have something up post release.

I understand the rampant fanboyism I've seen on this site and can understand why you make posts like yours because you perhaps genuinely feel my post is ignorant and misinformed but all I can do is ask you to decide more objectively on just the release aspects of this game, not the game itself, which I think is pretty good based on what I've seen/played/informed on.

And to the other dude who wants to close this thread - great, drown out dissenting opinions. Fine example there. My post hasn't attacked anyone personally, laid out all the reasons yet the thread must be closed... for what exactly?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread