Release in North America + Preorder Prices?

With release date in the end instead of coming soon kind of tags.

that necessitates changing the vids... which yeah is better, but i am saying they should at the very least be re-posting "here's what you might have missed" etc.

i dont think there's dearth of content even just tweeting the spot the ball challenge screens, the stuff already available will do..... though i dont see how hard it is to take a few screens or record a few vids, they can certainly do stuff like 29 ball century by bradman and post it.

i dont see how hard it is to take a few screens or record a few vids, they can certainly do stuff like 29 ball century by bradman and post it.

I'm guessing that these sort of things would require approval from not only Tru Blu but also the Bradman Foundation which would take time. I don't think it's as easy as Big Ant conjuring up a video and then posting it on Facebook.

i dont think there's dearth of content even just tweeting the spot the ball challenge screens, the stuff already available will do..... though i dont see how hard it is to take a few screens or record a few vids, they can certainly do stuff like 29 ball century by bradman and post it.

there are obviously approval issues in releasing new content, and if you're doing that every day or even every week it becomes too much. but there are loads of screenshots and videos and general info already out there, and they should keep re-posting that. not every tweet has to be entirely new media.

I'm guessing that these sort of things would require approval from not only Tru Blu but also the Bradman Foundation which would take time. I don't think it's as easy as Big Ant conjuring up a video and then posting it on Facebook.
there are obviously approval issues in releasing new content, and if you're doing that every day or even every week it becomes too much. but there are loads of screenshots and videos and general info already out there, and they should keep re-posting that. not every tweet has to be entirely new media.

While there could be getting approval stuff it shouldnt be really hard to get it for tweeting a bit, bradman knock was just an example ,stuff like that it can just be fastest century by soso or a hat trick .but ya even the content available stuff @Ross has said would do for interesting tweets n share.

Considering they've had since last summer they ought to have things in place which can just be released.

yes but look at the history, they clearly don't... even on Bradman's birthday last year their story was they had nothing planned, then they released something late in the day claiming it was down to approval. That stuff should have been approved well in advance, it wasn't like his birthday wasn't known...

and the uk distribution, again "approval"...

and also, there are limits to how much they want to give away, and limits to how many people might see a given tweet/status update - that stuff needs to re-posted repeatedly.

the best social media accounts don't post something once and forget about it, it's re-visited many times for maximum exposure.

----------

While there could be getting approval stuff it shouldnt be really hard to get it for tweeting a bit, bradman knock was just an example ,stuff like that it can just be fastest century by soso or a hat trick .but ya even the content available stuff @Ross has said would do for interesting tweets n share.

but they cannot make every tweet a new image or video, or even new info. that is really not how it's done at all.

but they cannot make every tweet a new image or video, or even new info. that is really not how it's done at all.
i dint say it has to be, am i not saying the contrary actually:)
the stuff said here with a couple of new ones thrown in would do the trick. especially with regards to vid as ign is the only quality one out there, someone properly playing DBC instead of new hands would actually be good.
but other than that im also recommending reuse of the lot of stuff said and posted here.

I'm really surprised at the lack of media for this game. If I was making a game for a niche market, I would release as many videos and screenshot as I can to get the word out.

I can understand that Big Ants/Trublu might not have big marketing budget but I don't think it costs a lot to release few game play videos on Youtube and other video outlets to get a viral campaign going.

By keeping everything shut tight it only gives an impression that game sucks and developer/publisher do not have enough confidence to get the enough content out for people to make up their minds before they spend money on it.

I'm really surprised at the lack of media for this game. If I was making a game for a niche market, I would release as many videos and screenshot as I can to get the word out.

I can understand that Big Ants/Trublu might not have big marketing budget but I don't think it costs a lot to release few game play videos on Youtube and other video outlets to get a viral campaign going.

By keeping everything shut tight it only gives an impression that game sucks and developer/publisher do not have enough confidence to get the enough content out for people to make up their minds before they spend money on it.

there's actually plenty of media already released... even "official" media - see the screenshots and video links at the top of the thread. there could be more for sure, but the biggest problem is maximising what's already out there.

there's actually plenty of media already released... even "official" media - see the screenshots and video links at the top of the thread. there could be more for sure, but the biggest problem is maximising what's already out there.

Yes, there is media but evey thing is at least few months old. I would have expected at least few videos with a release date announcement to create excitement.

For hardcore fans like us who are dying to for a cricket game it does not really matter but in this day and age, multimedia exposure make a lot of difference. If you can generate enough hype people will buy it no matter even if it just a repackaged game with new maps (I'm looking at you COD :p )

@fanirama
what's odd is to make that announcement and not follow it with any media. even the trailer is 4 months old now, and neither Big Ant or Tru Blu even bothered to re-link or retweet the trailer on their twitter or FB to coincide with the release announcement - that is shockingly amateur... all of the previously released "official" media -the sneak peeks, the trailer, the stills etc. should be being aggressively re-promoted now.

Yes, I agree with you. I think putting a few gameplay videos on Youtube showing batting, bowling, day/night cycle, BARS, career gameplay, a short 10 over match of both innings etc. is FREE! and they can just link it to their main website or forums etc. and do all marketing through that for free.

Most people here are so eager that they will just rebroadcast this exponentially generating enough word of mouth awareness...

I think this is a missed opp. Doing that means you'd need like almost $0 marketing budget (sure, some time and costs might be involved for the people making this but it's really very tiny).

the best social media accounts don't post something once and forget about it, it's re-visited many times for maximum exposure.

Totally agree. I think this is the one area where they can really look to improve and 'control the message' a little better. Especially on Facebook/Twitter and integrating those platforms to spread their message a little better. I get the impression it really is just Ross doing all this stuff himself and thankfully, for us, he's prioritised this community over Facebook/Twitter and the wider fanbase. So great for us, but I think next time maybe hiring someone to handle the social media side of stuff and eschewing the forum or scaling back here and putting resources and time into the social media side will get the right, positive, message out more often... if there is to be a sequel. This isn't taking away from the amazing stuff we've got here on PlanetCricket because it's been pretty fantastic, but I think the correct order of priority for information should really be Facebook --> Twitter --> PlanetCricket ...and ideally, should be a daily thing. Rather than once or twice a month, especially when it comes to Images, Videos and the like. It's free marketing that can easily be done by someone who handles that stuff full-time.

IIRC @Biggs mentioned someone playing on the proper build and uploading the video.

Twisti3 (or Twistie3) on twitter/youtube has like, an hour or something of gameplay uploaded when he did a visit to BigAntStudios after the play session.

By the way, a full cover (front side and back) has showed up in the bradman site. Can't make out the bles/blus part. Bit too blurry.

Honestly, it's one of the best looking game covers ever I think. It's instantly iconic, especially the font... and it's clearly not "riffing" on some generic sports logo or theme. It's it's own beast. Looks great...

T-Minus-not-a-countdown-post until I get the steelbook! Woop!

I wrote a whole first draft with an incredibly funny reply, but I'll keep it simple: Yes

Post the funny version. Be funny.... GO!

Amazon US now shows steel book picture also though no price & not available, who knows - we could also qualify for steel book edition purchase in NA? :D

Users who are viewing this thread