Result U-turn for 2006 Oval Test - Again

Highlander999

ICC President
The result of the controversial 2006 Oval Test between England and Pakistan has been switched back to an England win by the game's world governing body.

The match was originally awarded to England by forfeit when the Pakistan team delayed play after being accused of ball-tampering by the umpires.

Last July, the International Cricket Council changed the result to a draw.

But the ICC board decided to reverse that decision at a meeting in Perth, Australia on Sunday.

It means that the series result will once again appear as a 3-0 England victory in the record books.

BBC SPORT | Cricket | Result U-turn for 2006 Oval Test

Is this England's payoff for agreeing to go back to India after the bombings? Win-win for the BCCI if it is.

How does this have anything to do with the BCCI?

I don't think this match will ever have a proper result, next year it's a draw then the next it's a win, It will never end.

Why not just strip this match of Test status with agreement from both sides? This way England are still winners, won't hurt Pakistan's pride either.

It should never have been changed from an England win in the first place. But this is just bringing up dead news that has no relevance. It was nearly 3 years ago!

I don't think this match will ever have a proper result, next year it's a draw then the next it's a win, It will never end.

why this even a big issue? why does it matter? its one stupid match!

Good to see they've come to their senses it should never have been a draw as Pakistan forfeited the match by refusing to come back out even if they had had a poor umpiring mess-up happen to them refusing to go out is the wrong way to protest.

Agreed it should have been a win to England, but like I said when it was given as a draw, what's the point in opening the can of worms again. Should be just left to rest.

Why not just strip this match of Test status with agreement from both sides? This way England are still winners, won't hurt Pakistan's pride either.
because then every time a team is about to lose they can just act like a bunch of whiny bitches and walk off the pitch and have the game not count.

Users who are viewing this thread