Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

ol yeah. Bowling is with outdoubt terrible, boring and random.

Sometimes batsmen just suddenly go into berserk mode, and everything must go for four or six until they get themselves out. Aussies are currently 180/5 are 30 overs. The last 2/3 wickets were all going at 20-20 strike rates and would not stop slogging till eventually they gave up a chance.

This is not test cricket.

I dont understand how when i bowl... the comp after day 1 was 290-7 after 90 overs!

Thats perfect test match cricket on Hard!!

Lol yeah. Bowling is without doubt terrible, boring and random.

Sometimes batsmen just suddenly go into berserk mode, and everything must go for four or six until they get themselves out. Aussies are currently 180/5 are 30 overs. The last 2/3 wickets were all going at 20-20 strike rates and would not stop slogging till eventually they gave up a chance.

This is not test cricket. :doh

Yeah thats same as me. At first your start of well with the ai pacing it quite good but then out of nowhere when you take 1 or 2 wickets they ai just starts to pound every ball even if its on the good length. Then you get unrealistic scores like 200/4 after 30 overs

Rite well i have to say iim impressed with the thought process of the test match bowling!!

Seamers all the way till lunch then they bring the spinner on for a couple just before and they grab a wicket!!

Thats how any captain would do it!!:happy

I hate the wii version, I hate it so much! I would make a list of it's flaws but it's cover the entire page. the xbox version on the other hand seems pretty decent with a few ai flaws though. I spent an hour in HMV today playing on the xbox version cause I was so sick of the wii's one :laugh. So many more extra features I can't have! I'm gonna buy the 360 version soon though and trade in my wii version.

I hate the wii version, I hate it so much! I would make a list of it's flaws but it's cover the entire page. the xbox version on the other hand seems pretty decent with a few ai flaws though. I spent an hour in HMV today playing on the xbox version cause I was so sick of the wii's one :laugh. So many more extra features I can't have! I'm gonna buy the 360 version soon though and trade in my wii version.

So it's just a hackathon then?

I bought the game today and it is absolutely fantastic! The only downfall is the dodgy AI run outs but other than that it's great.

Well this probably doesn't look that bad, but all aussie wickets were thrown away but slogging pretty much.

I had to spend ages on field placement to keep the strike rates down, but their run rate was still 5 an over, my no balls didn't help. :(

I had fun, but this is not how i like to play test match cricket. The bowling system needs to be redesigned completely in ashes cricket 10 or whatever imo.

Will end up winning this easily i think, not good for my first go on hard. (i only played the demo once)

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-07 15-23-19-60.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-07 15-23-19-60.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 48
Woah, Rashid! 3/62 from 6 overs! He copped a pasting.

I can't see them 'redesigning' it completely considering they just 'redesigned' it from the old RPIC games. Maybe a few tweaks here and there.

Yep, even if i bowled in perfect area's, and got the meter spot on they would hit him for four or six. Crazy, random as i said. But, as always eventually they get out.

Stupid really, would be much better if it wasn't like this.

I played a game in Cape town and then in Melbourne. Has anyone noticed how short the boundaries are in Cape town but then compared to Melbourne the boundaries are quite big

I played a game in Cape town and then in Melbourne. Has anyone noticed how short the boundaries are in Cape town but then compared to Melbourne the boundaries are quite big

Isn't this realistic though? I thought I noticed that Cardiff was smaller than Lords but wasn't sure. If this is the case and that stadium size are different, then I could possibly wee a little.

No it is realistic. Im saying this becasue on small grounds you dont have to time the ball properly for it to be a 4 or a 6

Users who are viewing this thread