Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Batting itself is a bit of a chore and lottery as you play your shots on hard once the bowler releases the ball. I would rather just play the ball under my batsman eyes i.e. as late as possible instead of some predetermined system.

Then don't play once he releases the ball. You wouldn't do that in real life, would you?

To be honest there are plenty who enjoy it and plenty who dont! So why dont the people who dont like it, stop moaning and return their game and do something else.. and the people who do enjoy it keep playing!

Dont let others influence!... if you were new to this place and had a look you wouldn have a clue what to think!!

wealey88 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

I'm still enjoying the demo, so I reckon I'll join the others who enjoy the full game.

I find the best way is to keep it on that good line.. not always in the yellow circle green and light green is ok if you can stop meter well!... Then mix up swing etc... slower ball works well!

Then if they driving it well... stick a sweeper out or a man on the drive!!

I can understand the frustration but thinking realistically so far seems to have worked! 3.5 an over over 90 overs in a test is good AI

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Look at it how ever you want!... what difference does when i join make! Either way.. im scoring 350 then AI are scoring 350+ my test matches are lasting 5 days and im getting close enjoyable matches!

Marketing these days it is not unusual for people associated with the game to join a forum prior to the games release, profess a pro opinion on the game and disappear/duck/avoid any genuine questions when the bugs/problems appear.

Apologises if you are genuine but no one here wants the game to be bad.

Speaking for myself I was happy that a new cricket game was coming up and apparently the wrongs of Lara 07 were going to be addressed. I enjoyed that the developers wanted to take this game in the direction of PES and build upon it but they adage that you have to make PES 1 before you make PES 6 is misplaced, as Konami had the basics of their football simulation sorted in its first game (continuing the legacy from its ISS days...), Transmission sadly don't.

Aus 372
End 280
Aus 320
End 310

I lost! What would be wrong with that game!....

Im not arguing with anyone, cos arguing over a game is a lil bit sad lol!

But however im playing it seems to produce great matches!

Lasted 4 days up to lunch on day 5!

I understand everything you say.. and there are BUGS!! plenty!... just im seeing to be able to ignore them! Lol I dont work for them lol!!!

Then don't play once he releases the ball. You wouldn't do that in real life, would you?

If you want to be clever, you wouldn't consider a half volley a good delivery but this game believes that is the best length to bowl. In real life, your don't have five run-outs per innings. In real life, you don't have cricket games where there are no wides. In real life you don't catch a cricket ball by waiting until it goes another colour. And in real life, spinners don't bowl 12 no-balls in a 20/20 game.

Should I go on?

If you want to be clever, you wouldn't consider a half volley a good delivery but this game believes that is the best length to bowl. In real life, your don't have five run-outs per innings. In real life, you don't have cricket games where there are no wides. In real life you don't catch a cricket ball by waiting until it goes another colour. And in real life, spinners don't bowl 12 no-balls in a 20/20 game.

Should I go on?

I wanna no why you still have the game lol!:p:p;)

Should I go on?

Yes, but playing the shot as soon as the ball has left the bowler's hand is just stupid. In real life, it is possible to bowl 12 no-balls. In real life, it is possible to have no wides. In real life it is possible to have five runouts.

But it is not possible to play the ball when it's just left the bowler's hand and expect a positive outcome.

As for the catching? It's a game mechanic ffs, and a pretty good one at that. What a stupid comparison to make!

Should I go on? :p

I wanna no why you still have the game lol!:p:p;)

Will give it another go online later this evening but I don't doubt my brother will be trading this in when he plays it.

Fear for the games online longevity in its current state but I even had some fun with Lara 07 online. Mohammed Yousuf's spin bowling was always good for a laugh and spinners on that game were actually rather good to bowl with.

That game was dead online after a few weeks...

is the game is out? (final version)

Either you're having a laugh, or you've been living under a rock all week.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Will give it another go online later this evening but I don't doubt my brother will be trading this in when he plays it.

Fear for the games online longevity in its current state but I even had some fun with Lara 07 online. Mohammed Yousuf's spin bowling was always good for a laugh and spinners on that game were actually rather good to bowl with.

That game was dead online after a few weeks...

BLIC 2007 was garbage in singleplayer and multiplayer.

Online play is great fun, i just need some people to play with. PC users where are you?

Should I go on?

hi mate frm where u got t20 match, i mean demo is only with test cricket
and is it Out?its 07/08/09
and u r right with those comments like there is no wide, in test too
and they dont appeal for LBW
i was playing extended demo so jimmy bowling and North batting i was bowling batsman missed it and ball hits the back leg when he is on the back foot no appeal nothing he was dead duck in front of the stumps but poor codes from codies game freezes and i was ready for the next bowl
and its aint so funny that way :doh

Yes, but playing the shot as soon as the ball has left the bowler's hand is just stupid. In real life, it is possible to bowl 12 no-balls. In real life, it is possible to have no wides. In real life it is possible to have five runouts.

But it is not possible to play the ball when it's just left the bowler's hand and expect a positive outcome.

As for the catching? It's a game mechanic ffs, and a pretty good one at that. What a stupid comparison to make!

Should I go on? :p

You seem to have read my original post wrong, in this game you do play your shot on hard just after the bowler releases the ball. In real cricket facing a quick you have 0.4 seconds to react, so such a comparison is not valid. Personally, I want to play the ball as late as possible but you can't on hard.

And as for five run-outs in an innings, 12 no-balls, no wides et cetera that is the norm for this game, it isn't in any cricket which I am familiar with.

Either you're having a laugh, or you've been living under a rock all week.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

BLIC 2007 was garbage in singleplayer and multiplayer.

really!!!!!!!!tell me i searched online but no news
do u guys have any nfo pls let me know:D

Users who are viewing this thread