Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

as for the game i think TTBOY you are being over critical, i am in the middle of a test match, and im enjoying it, fair enough the ai does score quickly but as wealy said you can get them under 4 an over through consistent bowling and around 5 an over mixing it up a bit, but i dont mind generating the innings as it gets boring to bowl sometimes and the generate does make some realistic scores aswell

ENG 185

Aus 346 (bowled 16 overs they were 75/1 - then generated the rest)
ponting 146

ENG 98/0 tea day 2

i am england really enjoying the battle

cricketer112 added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Ok, just send me a message or leave a visitor message on here and await my reply, then we can meet. I don't want to arrange a specific time just in case I'm late. I should be here for a few hours though.

ok cool just got to sort a couple of things out - i will log back into PC at 6 ish and give you message

Some people will not be satisfied unless the game puts a bat in their hands and places them on the center square at Lords.

The majority of us realize that this is not real cricket and not meant to replace real cricket. Its a bloody video game we play when its raining outside. For that purpose, It shall more than suffice.

Some people will not be satisfied unless the game puts a bat in their hands and places them on the center square at Lords.

The majority of us realize that this is not real cricket and not meant to replace real cricket. Its a bloody video game we play when its raining outside. For that purpose, It shall more than suffice.

Well said.

I've found generate to produce low first innings scores. Then again, I generated whole innings, etc.

/end thread.

as for the game i think TTBOY you are being over critical, i am in the middle of a test match, and im enjoying it, fair enough the ai does score quickly but as wealy said you can get them under 4 an over through consistent bowling and around 5 an over mixing it up a bit, but i dont mind generating the innings as it gets boring to bowl sometimes and the generate does make some realistic scores aswell

Yeah! I think that they have made AI score at a faster rate in test matches because otherwise it will get boring!
Imagine watching the AI blocking the ball 5 hours straight :facepalm

remember that a game has to be fun :)

Last edited:

Couldn have put it any better!!

I was accused of making excuses for the game!! no.....

I was just stating i make the best out of a game!!

Just got my first century with good old Ian Bell :banana2

On hard, quite a realistic scoreboard, if a bit fast. FYI I got 218 in first innings then bowled the Aussies out for 200. Bell is still going on 109*

Last edited:
how many gbs is the PC version

can any1 tell me how big the AC09 pc version is? in terms of gigabytes

I got this game this morning, 1st match was England vs Australia 20/20 night game with Pink ball. :D
I bowled first and in 20 overs they got something like 287-4
and when i batted i got 18 all out.
It was my first match and on hard.
Some run outs have been normal, but have had like 1 run out per 2 games.

I got this game this morning, 1st match was England vs Australia 20/20 night game with Pink ball. :D
I bowled first and in 20 overs they got something like 287-4
and when i batted i got 18 all out.
It was my first match and on hard.
Some run outs have been normal, but have had like 1 run out per 2 games.

hahaha 18 all out :eek::eek: :rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

not a bad start though ! :p

Users who are viewing this thread