Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Use custom fields, I have a different field for both batsmen, regularly I have 3 or 4 depending on bowlers and/or how much i'm getting tonked.

Just discovered changing your delivery type last minute helps.

241/7 after 31, with 6 run outs :doh

what stat and graph pics do you want? I'll try and take some but pic quality won't be amazing as I'll be using my phone's camera from PS3. First game ODI against SA they won toss and batted first. They're currently 183/4 off of 15.4 overs but 30 of these runs are from wides and noballs as I took a while getting used to the bowling system. half of the reason why they're getting runs is because I don't get the marker in the right area. is it the green one in the middle or the small one next to the red. got 3 wickets from Anderson to start with, all edged to slips(gibbs went 3rd ball leaving them 0/1). Is it just me though or are left handers difficult to bowl to. Smith is currently on 85 off 58 and JP Duminy is 32 off 12. Dropped Smith at point when he was on 32. Will come back with some other bits and pieces later.

My impressions are that it certainly isnt a bad game. Bowling is great if you change your delivery at the last minute then the batsmen tend to defend and leave them alot more. Batting is the letdown for me for 2 reasons. The first being im pathetic at it but the second being that despite clearly playing a front foot shot sometimes the batsmen plays backfoot shots on the legside leaving me plumb LBW.

Otherwise its all good

Australia 1st Inns - 312 all out after just 48 overs (Ponting 63)
England 1st Inns - 146 all out after 33 overs (Anderson 40*)

disasterous start for me SA got 300 from 30 overs, a little too aggressive for my liking but I think half of that was my abysmal bowling. then we we're bowled all out for 26 from 6.3 overs with 6 of those run outs(I can't judge a run ok:sarcasm). Head back to the training me thinks.

I personally think the game, and especially how it seems so 'scripted', is an abomination.

However this ideal, very 'full length' that the circle generally needs to be placed in - has anybody noticed that on the pitching graphic (that follows after an over) the balls that look full 'in game' are showing as being pitched much further forward from the creaseline? It's like the bowling circle and pitch placement graphic don't match?

Is this a bug with the in-game?, showing people bowling half volleys when in actual fact they are bowling a good length?

I started playing this game at 10 and have had a few breaks but turned off the console at 10 now. And it is my favorite cricket game and i love it so far, haven't had many run outs yet.

Users who are viewing this thread