Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

My copy finally arrived today but I may be trading it in very soon.

This game is unplayable against AI. Batting is fine although AI puts some weird field placings, however bowling against AI, is stupid and boring, you have one small spot which if you hit will stop the AI from scoring, deviate from that and AI will go into slog mode until they get themselves out, also played one test in Ashes mode and the Aussies had 4 run outs in the first innings and 6 in the second innings, that is just not acceptable.

At the moment, for me the game is only playable when playing against another human.

My copy finally arrived today but I may be trading it in very soon.

This game is unplayable against AI. Batting is fine although AI puts some weird field placings, however bowling against AI, is stupid and boring, you have one small spot which if you hit will stop the AI from scoring, deviate from that and AI will go into slog mode until they get themselves out, also played one test in Ashes mode and the Aussies had 4 run outs in the first innings and 6 in the second innings, that is just not acceptable.

At the moment, for me the game is only playable when playing against another human.

Very different review than from the playtest. How did you find the AI pacing in limited overs games?

All that I said in the playtest review still stands, at the playtest I played against Lazychestnut and game was superb, when I played against a friend tonight we had a great match. At the playtest I didn't get a chance to play against the AI.

I have not tried a one dayer, I was just very disappointed after playing the ashes test match against the AI, it needs to be patched and quickly by Codies, the fundamentals of a good game are all there but the AI is really letting it down. Also can't believe that the run out bug got through QA testing.

Did they mention anything at the play test about releasing a patch if needed? Guess it really does not matter, since they have said a lot of things and not delivered.

Whether they release a patch or not will showcase just how determined they are to make AC a franchise or a one hit wonder/blunder

They did say that there would be support the game after release but then again they did say that they would fix the bowler speeds before release and they have not done that.

They would be incredibly stupid if they did not release patch, because the game does many many things right, the issues that it has can be sorted out via a patch so not doing does not make any sense to me.

R.I.P English language

a long time ago - 7/8/2009

Hmm...I always find it hard to understand why people insist on posting in bloody txt spk (mobile phones have a lot to answer for) when they've got an entire keyboard in front of them. Sheer laziness. Also, no capital 'i' where they should be - what do they teach at schools these days?

I personally think the game, and especially how it seems so 'scripted', is an abomination.

However this ideal, very 'full length' that the circle generally needs to be placed in - has anybody noticed that on the pitching graphic (that follows after an over) the balls that look full 'in game' are showing as being pitched much further forward from the creaseline? It's like the bowling circle and pitch placement graphic don't match?

Is this a bug with the in-game?, showing people bowling half volleys when in actual fact they are bowling a good length?

I noticed that yesterday in the demo - they were definitely not on such a full length in the bowling graphic after the over.

They did say that there would be support the game after release but then again they did say that they would fix the bowler speeds before release and they have not done that.

They would be incredibly stupid if they did not release patch, because the game does many many things right, the issues that it has can be sorted out via a patch so not doing does not make any sense to me.

Precisely. Let's see if they're going to just take our money, or actually listen to our feedback and fix it. Making us wait until the next game to fix things that should no way in hell have made it into the demo, let alone the full game, is out of order.

@Kamy - I found it totally horrible at first bowling to the AI but now I understand the bowling a bit more I can restrict them without just bowling in the same place on the wrong length. Hard to stop the AI going crazy though; I had WI scoring at 3.8 p/o after about 20 overs and suddenly everything I bowled was being whacked for 4 or 6 and the R/R shot up to 7 rpo. Brendan Nash (!) scored 49 off 17 balls in a test match with me bowling the same way as before.

my honest opinon on ashes so far is brilliant on some levels but on others its is not but overall im happy with the game i have been playing it on hard as i feel it is a challenge when playing my ashes series which i have just begun by the way what and how have you lot been doing on your ashes eries on hard post please and does any of you get through many days i started cardiff got aussies 260 all out i only managed 180 odd 2nd innings still to come post please???

Please Help.

when playing with my brother on normal level, it seems impossible to play spinners. tooooo many catches to wicket keeper. is it me or my style of playing or someone else have noticed the same thing. please tell me that its just me:doh

people get small scores quickly and go all out but if people played like gas head and made sure of decent innings then i think computer will be better at batting as they have bigger target to beat

jamershepp added 3 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

weasley is playing proper test match tho fair play to him people stop complaining and play test match cricket and try get high score play like weasly and gas head and defend leave and hit hittable shot low not high and risk mistiming and getting out play test cricket and stop complaining

Arggg....xbox connections. Was playing a wonderful test match had 351/8 (Haddin and North were batting) and still Ponting to follow and this happens.
Btw in this game my top scorers were Brett Lee 77 and Jhonson 88 both were batting at number 4 and 5 respectively. I was 276/5 and then had a mini collapse went to 280/8. Bloody Spinners. Then had a good patnership going between Haddin and North and connection lost. Crapbox!:doh

nimish_sach added 5 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Please Help.

when playing with my brother on normal level, it seems impossible to play spinners. tooooo many catches to wicket keeper. is it me or my style of playing or someone else have noticed the same thing. please tell me that its just me:doh

Try to defend get the timing for your defense correct and then go for your shots. Try playing grounded stroke and wait for the ball to come to you once it lands on the pitch then try playing if you play any before or late you ll get a nick and will be caught by keeper. I had the same problem in the test match where I had a bit of a collapse but then I took around 15 overs just to get use to the way of spin bowling and was scoring at only around 2 RPO. Once I was confident I started driving down the ground and through covers.

Enjoying this game. Playing in an ODI on hard against India in Cape Town. Got rolled for 70 :(, now they are 1/19 off 3 overs, Johnson got Sehwag out before with a typical back foot punch to short cover...:D.

Of course there are. What is life without pirates? Although half to most of them will be banned I would assume so they miss out on online mode.

If only I had a modded 360! I want to play it nao!

This game rules. I was having doubts in my first few matches when the AI was going beserk but now it's a very realistic game once I mastered the bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread