Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

hi mate frm where u got t20 match, i mean demo is only with test cricket
and is it Out?its 07/08/09
and u r right with those comments like there is no wide, in test too
and they dont appeal for LBW
i was playing extended demo so jimmy bowling and North batting i was bowling batsman missed it and ball hits the back leg when he is on the back foot no appeal nothing he was dead duck in front of the stumps but poor codes from codies game freezes and i was ready for the next bowl
and its aint so funny that way :doh

R.I.P English language

a long time ago - 7/8/2009

The AI on Ashes mode is tweaking stupid!, they were about 5/149 after 15 overs, just slogging and losing wickets, I then simulated the innings and ended up at a reasonable 267 off 67 overs.

another match England(me) vs South africa
around 10 overs they were on 80-7, so i thought bring on mascarenhas, they get a few singles, then 2 balls to go he gets 1 wicket caught at slip, then he caught and bowled one. so i thought wonder if they still do over hat-tricks on here, put on flintoff bowl widely balls so know gets out, then put mascarenhas back on and he gets wicket 1st ball and he got a hat-rick,(got trophy for it) it was absolute amazing for me as im not at good at sporting games. :D I won the match. .

Last edited:
That's just amazing man, gratz!:clap..... I don't they had this in ea cricket 07:doh
Can't wait to actually play it myself :onpc

Ok can someone please answer my Q about stats...noone has shown any pics of what you get when you click on stats/graphs from the menu. Can someone plz do so? Really curious!

Ok can someone please answer my Q about stats...noone has shown any pics of what you get when you click on stats/graphs from the menu. Can someone plz do so? Really curious!

Yeah..please can someone post screenies of stats.
Does it increase every match, Do you get points etc.

How full are you bowling? I've found you need to bowl ridiculously full for them to be bowling the right length, basically what looks like a yorker length until it's bowled.

Just finished a good ODi that I started last night. Ended up making 310 all out, with Pietersen top scoring with 112. He and Collingwood put on well over 100 after we collapsed to 160odd for 4. Australia started pretty poorly, with Warner going for nought, but Ponting and Haddin stuck around for a while and did well. I then started bowling better, with Harmison picking up 2 quick wickets. Then started to get the ball to really rip with Swann, and Fred's cutters got Clarke and Dussey. That collapse brought James Hopes and Mitchell Johnson to the crease. They took Australia from 130/6 to 218/7 before Hopes was stumped off the bowling of Swann.

The rest of the tail couldn't keep going though, and Australia were eventually bowled out for 266 off 41 overs. Was an excellent game, I thought when Johnson and Hopes were going along nicely that I was going to lose. But the turn from Swann turned the game, picked up 4 vital wickets. Was Pietersen and Collingwood's partnership that kept me in the game, was a proper battling Colly innings. I just couldn't get any timing, ended up with 38 from 74 balls with Colly :D

i have just played the best test match i think i will ever have on a cricket game

first test match of ashes im england and here is brief overview

Eng won toss and choose to bowl

Aus 1st innings 242
M Clarke 44 Anderson 5/84
R Ponting 42 Flintoff 2/62

Eng 1st innings 144
Bopara 39 North 3/27
Collingwood 34 Siddle 2/37

Aus 2nd innings 499
Katich 146 Pietersen 2/22
Ponting 75 Anderson 2/107

Eng 2nd innings 598 - 9
Pietersen 365* Lee 4/160
Strauss 87 North 1/80

terrific game and probably the best innings i will ever make on the game with pietersen i got to the last day and god it was tense :)

so anyone still wanna play me online add Andeeh and tell me that u wanna game

Nice and realistic chasing 598 in the 4th innings of a Test at Cardiff. Would love to see a Pietersen 365* though, he really should start playing knocks like that.

Aus 1st innings 242
M Clarke 44 Anderson 5/84
R Ponting 42 Flintoff 2/62

Eng 1st innings 144
Bopara 39 North 3/27
Collingwood 34 Siddle 2/37

Aus 2nd innings 499
Katich 146 Pietersen 2/22
Ponting 75 Anderson 2/107

Eng 2nd innings 598 - 9
Pietersen 365* Lee 4/160
Strauss 87 North 1/80

Sounds good what were the overs like?

How you bowl to the AI to get them playing normally!... I have gone from them getting 397 all out and batting reli well!

Then i bowled them in next match for 90!! im scared iv got too good too soon!!! :doh

How are people controlling the AI run rate in test matches on hard ?

Australia are 222/5 off 27 overs !

The spinners get whacked every ball, the yellow circle always gets tonked :facepalm

Whats your field like... they normally go at 4's maybe 3.5 against m.

Spread out now, what field do you use ?

They were only 35/0 after 10 but I've since bowled 32 no balls and have been carved everywhere.

I thought the lighter the green the better the ball ?????????

Users who are viewing this thread