Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Did they mention anything at the play test about releasing a patch if needed? Guess it really does not matter, since they have said a lot of things and not delivered.

Whether they release a patch or not will showcase just how determined they are to make AC a franchise or a one hit wonder/blunder

why do we need to wait till codies make the patch, our guys can do the same and i am sure there is people who really can do a better job then codies when it comes to patching

why do we need to wait till codies make the patch, our guys can do the same and i am sure there is people who really can do a better job then codies when it comes to patching

because I have a console. There is no hope for us consoles unless there is an official patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
After being smack around quite a bit early on I now find myself being able to control run rates at a much more test match like level. Contrart to what some have said its not necessary to bowl in only one area or you will be smacked around, it's not perfect and there are a lot of places where you will get bashed around but it is possible to resrict the opposition through good bowling.

Sure I have a laptop but it can not run video games.

No point in making this a PC vs Console argument.

i just want some one to make a patch somehow coz, this game if you can fix critical bugs such as AI middle order going crazy in test matches; could be a game people would play with lot of joy., (ones who know whats cricket is all about)

After being smack around quite a bit early on I now find myself being able to control run rates at a much more test match like level. Contrart to what some have said its not necessary to bowl in only one area or you will be smacked around, it's not perfect and there are a lot of places where you will get bashed around but it is possible to resrict the opposition through good bowling.
That was what I'm saying a few pages back. Most part of the bowling in this game is really enjoyable. To take wickets you need to vary your line and length.. like setting up the batsman for the wicket-taking ball. I guess people were always trying to bowl in the good-length area and after a while the CPU got to them because of same line n length. Also I guess they were bowling in the green zones for variation and got smacked. This is the mistake I also did with the demo and only after playing 15-20 matches I realised that there are good to medium quality zones for every delivery and length.
BTW I am talking from my experience on the demo. Has'nt laid my hand on the game yet.

just made 324-0 in a 20-20 game with india sehwag and gambier were on fire 151no and 159no :D it was against bangladesh tho:laugh

WOW I'm absolutely loving this game. Very realistic scores and gameeplay's pretty good aswell. I'm currently 5/170 as Australia in the ashes mid-way through the second session in my first ever test. Freddie and Monty are really dangerous. This game never gets boring despite poor commentary. I'll do a full review later on when I play the game more.

WOW I'm absolutely loving this game. Very realistic scores and gameeplay's pretty good aswell. I'm currently 5/170 as Australia in the ashes mid-way through the second session in my first ever test. Freddie and Monty are really dangerous. This game never gets boring despite poor commentary. I'll do a full review later on when I play the game more.

How many overs bowled for 170/5 and what level you playing on ?

Oh and any run outs ?

Sad to see theirs already a pirated Xbox 360 torrent of Ashes Cricket 2009.

Honestly, no matter how many bugs are there in the game.. that's so sad.. it will do no good for us Cricket game lovers..
Please get the real one and support the developers.. They might give us with a patch.. Hopefully if the do, I wish everyone who got the pirated version not to get the patch.. They didn't pay for the game, they don't deserve the bug fix..

Realistic scores are probably the best thing in this game, whether the teams get them at 5 an over is not too much of a problem, it is a game after all.

A thing that did bother me was playing the Aussies in a test match and they brought on Michael Hussey to bowl after 8 overs! Then after 80 overs when they took the new ball, they kept North on which is just silly.

The main thing that annoyed me though was that you can change the oppositions side in the Ashes mode. What's the point of selecting your team and taking them into battle against the Aussies if you could put people like Siddle and Hauritz as openers? Also after loading your save game, you can choose to take over the other side which is also ridiculous. It just takes away from the fact you are in control I guess.

Overall though not bad, amassed 389 in my 1st innings with Strauss holding it together with a double ton, Collingwood with a gritty 50 and not much from elsewhere.

The main thing that annoyed me though was that you can change the oppositions side in the Ashes mode.

What? This is a good thing, you don't have to make changes. Now that i know this i may see if i can improve the aussie side/make changes to make them harder to beat in the second test at lords.

people get small scores quickly and go all out but if people played like gas head and made sure of decent innings then i think computer will be better at batting as they have bigger target to beat

jamershepp added 3 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

weasley is playing proper test match tho fair play to him people stop complaining and play test match cricket and try get high score play like weasly and gas head and defend leave and hit hittable shot low not high and risk mistiming and getting out play test cricket and stop complaining

Agreed. Didn't the greatest batsman of them all, Don Bradman, make a point of keeping the ball on the floor?

Not when it comes to AI issues like the running or this 'spinner bug' that I haven't actually encountered in the demo.

That was what I'm saying a few pages back. Most part of the bowling in this game is really enjoyable. To take wickets you need to vary your line and length.. like setting up the batsman for the wicket-taking ball. I guess people were always trying to bowl in the good-length area and after a while the CPU got to them because of same line n length. Also I guess they were bowling in the green zones for variation and got smacked. This is the mistake I also did with the demo and only after playing 15-20 matches I realised that there are good to medium quality zones for every delivery and length.
BTW I am talking from my experience on the demo. Has'nt laid my hand on the game yet.

That's also my experience with the demo. If you do what England were doing yesterday and try to take a wicket with every single ball, then you deserve what you get.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Still no stock at play.com/shopto/zavvi (the three places that are doing it at ?17.99 for PC). Yet all other versions are in (apart from PS3 at shopto), so they obviously didn't get enough in for PC, or were too slow to get any in at all, which is not acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread