Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Yeah massive problem! you can role the AI easily!!

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Still fun but im very confused!! I mean i role AI out for 90 in ashes test! The play SA v AUS is one dayer and the AI are 135-3 after 25 overs! Which is perfect really!

I cant work it out at all!!... if all was like the ODI would be perfect!

However i updated the SA skills so they are on par with Australia now!

But im massivly concerned then in tests you can role the AI with a few fielding positions!:doh

How are you getting them out? Mostly catches and run-outs?

How are you getting them out? Mostly catches and run-outs

No to be fair i dont choose an end to throw to and i hardly ever get run-outs!

Alot of catches in a test!.. all slip catches etc! Im not sure why have a feeling i have stumpled on an area where the AI just chips you catches!

Beacuase in my first match they score 390 off 105 overs! again perfect!

Its odd and baffling! ODI seems perfect for me!

Yeah massive problem! you can role the AI easily!!

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Still fun but im very confused!! I mean i role AI out for 90 in ashes test! The play SA v AUS is one dayer and the AI are 135-3 after 25 overs! Which is perfect really!

I cant work it out at all!!... if all was like the ODI would be perfect!

However i updated the SA skills so they are on par with Australia now!

But im massivly concerned then in tests you can role the AI with a few fielding positions!:doh

It just test which is concerning for me, they try to be over aggressive and then AI lose the wicket. i had a match where i got 7 run outs. If only transmission can get this working properly it would have been an amazing game. They are on the right track they just need to work on the code they have and make the next game even better with more licence, apart from that i am enjoying the game online.

Does anyone think the game is fundamentally poor?

I've been less than impressed when I've been on my copy that I got the other day mainly because I think that the percieved good areas are in the wrong places. I bowl it just on or outside offstump and I get repeatedly flayed to the boundary. I think the lengths are wrong aswell and the bounce just looks silly at times. I didn't have Brian Lara but I've heard that had loopy bounce with is still present in this version especiailly when it comes to edges. On the subject of edges there is way too many both outside and inside making it nearly impossible to get bowled or LBW as they always get some bat too it.

Just my thoughts.

It just test which is concerning for me, they try to be over aggressive and then AI lose the wicket. i had a match where i got 7 run outs. If only transmission can get this working properly it would have been an amazing game. They are on the right track they just need to work on the code they have and make the next game even better with more licence, apart from that i am enjoying the game online.

yeah plenty of positives! i have also discovered, that the AI seems to go very defensive if you create your own field placements!

The game has the potential to be fantastic!... Just i would love if the AI in tests chilled out.. and stroked it around at 3.5 or 4 and got consistently between 200 and 500 runs! That would be fine!

yeah plenty of positives! i have also discovered, that the AI seems to go very defensive if you create your own field placements!

The game has the potential to be fantastic!... Just i would love if the AI in tests chilled out.. and stroked it around at 3.5 or 4 and got consistently between 200 and 500 runs! That would be fine!

Ye if only they play at that rate, it will be superb.

I am really trying to like this game in single player mode, but there is so much bullshit to swift to with regard to ai batting in test matches, i think i might have to give up soon and just play this online.

I'm having an immense match so far. Playing in Ashes mode.

I'm currently 5/59 and England are well on top. Harmy got Clarke playing on to his off stump, he bowled me one short the previous ball and I dispatched it for 4, then he did the same thing the next ball and I played on!

I am really trying to like this game in single player mode, but there is so much bullshit to swift to with regard to ai batting in test matches, i think i might have to give up soon and just play this online.
I am already playing online. Ai is a let down specially for test. Batting in Twenty20 is becming easy. scoring easliy about 300 plus now on hard mode. i can skittle ai on 140 to 160

well i cpmpletely disagree with running them out easy i started a shes test on hard because i find it very hard to bowl on this difficulty they hit big off you quite often but i got used to bowling and started making sure i got good length and move cursor round till i got light green which is best place reli and i was getting maidens and ect and they werent hitting big off me often still the odd big shot ect i got them alot after a while but more overs were played than usual they were gone for 260 all out then i came into bat at cardiff playing very defensive cause if you play very attacking and hit shots you shudent on hard you will be all out with smaller score i know this cause ive played test matches before and went all out for early 100s and 200s but this time its was different bad start i was 50 odd for 2 losing cook and ian bell early both stupid shot and miss bowl and went onto stumps then kevin pieterson came in at the crease so strauss and kp were batting and brillaint partnership brought it up to 230-2 but then i played a shot with kp through a gap i wasent confident and it went for 4 so i thought ill do same shot again this time i failed and he caught kp was out for 120 good score tho shortly after strauss was gone so 240 odd for 4 he went for 80 not bad good contribution a great game so far also long game so far fair enough they were out alot quicker than me but i now had collingwood and prior in at the creasebrought it up to 258 with the day ending 6 wickets in hand and day 2 morning starting great game guaranteed i reckon to go onto day 4 at least and im happy with that

Is it just me or?....

I was playing as Australia against England. I got Mitch to bowl around the wicket an over, and Brett up the next one (he was bowling over the wicket) and to my surprise, Lee was running up really close to the stumps, and when he released the ball, his hand hit the Stumps! Idk if this is a bug or whatever, but that's surprised me, did this happen to anyone else?

well i cpmpletely disagree with running them out easy i started a shes test on hard because i find it very hard to bowl on this difficulty they hit big off you quite often but i got used to bowling and started making sure i got good length and move cursor round till i got light green which is best place reli and i was getting maidens and ect and they werent hitting big off me often still the odd big shot ect i got them alot after a while but more overs were played than usual they were gone for 260 all out then i came into bat at cardiff playing very defensive cause if you play very attacking and hit shots you shudent on hard you will be all out with smaller score i know this cause ive played test matches before and went all out for early 100s and 200s but this time its was different bad start i was 50 odd for 2 losing cook and ian bell early both stupid shot and miss bowl and went onto stumps then kevin pieterson came in at the crease so strauss and kp were batting and brillaint partnership brought it up to 230-2 but then i played a shot with kp through a gap i wasent confident and it went for 4 so i thought ill do same shot again this time i failed and he caught kp was out for 120 good score tho shortly after strauss was gone so 240 odd for 4 he went for 80 not bad good contribution a great game so far also long game so far fair enough they were out alot quicker than me but i now had collingwood and prior in at the creasebrought it up to 258 with the day ending 6 wickets in hand and day 2 morning starting great game guaranteed i reckon to go onto day 4 at least and im happy with that

I am sure you are making some interesting points, but the lack of any attempt at punctuation makes it really, really hard to get through. Not trying to have a go but just offering some advice. If you are allergic to punctuation use some paragraphing to help people to understand what you are trying to say!;)

Just finished bowling in the ODI... South Africa (AI) 243 all out after 48.7

Now thats fine! No run outs btw!

But why in tests do they appear to have no idea whats going on! They either bat crap at get rolled for 100 or bat like men posessed and get 300 off 20 overs!!:doh

I am sure you are making some interesting points, but the lack of any attempt at punctuation makes it really, really hard to get through. Not trying to have a go but just offering some advice. If you are allergic to punctuation use some paragraphing to help people to understand what you are trying to say!;)

Agreed. Long posts with no paragraphs and no punctuation just give me a headache.

Users who are viewing this thread