Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

i think the only reason why we should support transmission is becuase they are on the right track and hopefully they will come with a great game next time round. If Ai played bit slowly Codies/Transmission please listen to these comments.

Thats your free choice of course. My sense is that we might have to wait for the Australian release date to have passed before we can get some information from these guys. Personally I am not one of these people who take this whole thing too seriously or personally and I certainly don't want to go around calling people liars etcetera, as has happened in these forums. As I have already said these guys don't suddenly turn from being helpful, nice, friendly people one moment, into greedy, not-caring money grabbers the next moment. Its peoples judgement and perception that changes. I am confident that we will be getting clear and concise answers to our questions and that support will be forth-coming to try to alleviate some of the problems. At the end of the day its a game and I have a free choice as to whether I buy it or not.

I do agree with you but spending ?40 on a computer game is not exactly a casual thing for me and only buy a couple of games a year really. If I don't think they are worth it then I'll take them back.

The guys do seem friendly and approachable though and even if I do return the game I will keep an eye on any future cricket release they may produce.

One thing that did irk me though, was the interview with the devs that mentioned KP was playing the game and he said that his stats were wrong to one of the guys. They told him that it was because they were halfway through a series and that's why they have changed but this is nonsense. Stats are still very wrong when they flash up before the start of the bowlers over, has nothing to do with the point of the series that it occurs.

Guys I don't understand why are we after a rushed up patch.. The game isn't even out in most of the world.. As soon as you get a patch you'll be after somethig they didn't fix in the patch..

I don't think you'll see any patch announcement before a month of the game release.. If there budget was small, obviously they don't have a huge team sitting around for the support as compare to other games..

I do agree Codies were the Publishers and they must have asked for a bug free software.. Bugs are what that break a software so the things that are breaking the game will be the only things taken into account.. Don't expect a lot to be fixed though..

Well, the TG team, in looking at the manual credits has 85 people working for Transmission Games Development.

I do agree with you but spending ?40 on a computer game is not exactly a casual thing for me and only buy a couple of games a year really. If I don't think they are worth it then I'll take them back.

The guys do seem friendly and approachable though and even if I do return the game I will keep an eye on any future cricket release they may produce.

One thing that did irk me though, was the interview with the devs that mentioned KP was playing the game and he said that his stats were wrong to one of the guys. They told him that it was because they were halfway through a series and that's why they have changed but this is nonsense. Stats are still very wrong when they flash up before the start of the bowlers over, has nothing to do with the point of the series that it occurs.

And I don't disagree with you:D;) You are completely justified in bringing something back if you feel it is broke and I wouldn't consider anyone "disloyal" or something if they did. I just dont understand how things can become so personal for people. (Not saying you were doing that.) I agree that questions need to be asked but I think we will be getting answers, and honest ones!

My gut feeling is is that we will be hearing from those guys. I think there is always a "silence" when a game is first released, offical embargos and all that. The way they spoke here in the forums makes me believe that they genuinely want this game to work and be supportive of needing to develop things. We will hear from them when they can. Of that I am positive.

You're right. We're still here, and you'll hear from us soon!

:D

Wow - I wasn't expecting that - DarkBoyBlunder is from Transmission, isn't he?

My positiveness has dwindled away lol! on test matches mainly!!... still not sure how you guys go for so many! im more upset im bowling them out for 90!!

But did you just see the comment say we will hear from them soon!?:spy

Seems you were so positive about the whole game before, including Tests. What do you feel has gone wrong?

Thats your free choice of course. My sense is that we might have to wait for the Australian release date to have passed before we can get some information from these guys. Personally I am not one of these people who take this whole thing too seriously or personally and I certainly don't want to go around calling people liars etcetera, as has happened in these forums. As I have already said these guys don't suddenly turn from being helpful, nice, friendly people one moment, into greedy, not-caring money grabbers the next moment. Its peoples judgement and perception that changes. I am confident that we will be getting clear and concise answers to our questions and that support will be forth-coming to try to alleviate some of the problems. At the end of the day its a game and I have a free choice as to whether I buy it or not.

I agree, and I would expect a patch at some point....

Guys I don't understand why are we after a rushed up patch.. The game isn't even out in most of the world.. As soon as you get a patch you'll be after somethig they didn't fix in the patch..

I don't think you'll see any patch announcement before a month of the game release.. If there budget was small, obviously they don't have a huge team sitting around for the support as compare to other games..

I do agree Codies were the Publishers and they must have asked for a bug free software.. Bugs are what that break a software so the things that are breaking the game will be the only things taken into account.. Don't expect a lot to be fixed though..

...but if the game isn't out in most of the world, then we can't expect it yet.

A lot doesn't have to be fixed, going by what people are saying; there are several annoying little niggles in the game that should be fixable. Such as the bounce and AI pacing/aggressiveness.

And I don't disagree with you:D;) You are completely justified in bringing something back if you feel it is broke and I wouldn't consider anyone "disloyal" or something if they did. I just dont understand how things can become so personal for people. (Not saying you were doing that.) I agree that questions need to be asked but I think we will be getting answers, and honest ones!

I agree - as I said before, these boys do sound like a dev. who will want to continue to support their game.

I'm not sure if this deserves its own thread, so I'll just post it here:

What do you guys think can be fixed by P.C. members and what needs Transmission's help?

AI runout bug
AI pacing/aggressiveness
Incorrect bowling lengths
Poor sound
Unlicenced stumps/pitchads etc
Edges still sound a bit off, from what I've heard
Faces
Incorrect bowling speeds for medium fast and medium bowlers

Maybe by the time the patch comes out, I'll have my copy! :D

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

i think most test matches are dogy but there are some good ones im expieriencing one now

See, I've found that in the demo: some matches lower my hopes for the full game, while others raise them!

Seems you were so positive about the whole game before, including Tests. What do you feel has gone wrong?

Well i love the ODI's AI scoring 220 240 280 agaisnt me after 45+ overs!
This seems fine!

So did the test match! Scoring 380 all out etc!

However as I have become better and good at bowling i have skittled them for 90 and 80 and 120!!

Which is begining to worry me and slightly ruin it for me!!! :crying

It could be sooo good!!

well i cpmpletely disagree with running them out easy i started a shes test on hard because i find it very hard to bowl on this difficulty they hit big off you quite often but i got used to bowling and started making sure i got good length and move cursor round till i got light green which is best place reli and i was getting maidens and ect and they werent hitting big off me often still the odd big shot ect i got them alot after a while but more overs were played than usual they were gone for 260 all out then i came into bat at cardiff playing very defensive cause if you play very attacking and hit shots you shudent on hard you will be all out with smaller score i know this cause ive played test matches before and went all out for early 100s and 200s but this time its was different bad start i was 50 odd for 2 losing cook and ian bell early both stupid shot and miss bowl and went onto stumps then kevin pieterson came in at the crease so strauss and kp were batting and brillaint partnership brought it up to 230-2 but then i played a shot with kp through a gap i wasent confident and it went for 4 so i thought ill do same shot again this time i failed and he caught kp was out for 120 good score tho shortly after strauss was gone so 240 odd for 4 he went for 80 not bad good contribution a great game so far also long game so far fair enough they were out alot quicker than me but i now had collingwood and prior in at the creasebrought it up to 258 with the day ending 6 wickets in hand and day 2 morning starting great game guaranteed i reckon to go onto day 4 at least and im happy with that

Holy moly batman!! How the HELL are we supposed to read that? Is it just me or is that the longest un-punctuated sentence in the freekin world?? Seriously....write sentences not paragraphs

ODI are on the right lines they are decent!!

Does that include against the AI? Are ODI series available, by the way, or triangular series/knockout tournaments similar to the World Cup? And has anyone played a Test against a friend (offline)?

@DarkBoyBlunder: At this stage, all we want is confirmation that there will be a patch (for all versions); we can collate our feedback at a later date as to what really needs fixing.

I'm not sure if this deserves its own thread, so I'll just post it here:

What do you guys think can be fixed by P.C. members and what needs Transmission's help?

AI runout bug
AI pacing/aggressiveness
Incorrect bowling lengths
Poor sound
Unlicenced stumps/pitchads etc
Edges still sound a bit off, from what I've heard
Faces
Incorrect bowling speeds for medium fast and medium bowlers

Maybe by the time the patch comes out, I'll have my copy! :D

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

See, I've found that in the demo: some matches lower my hopes for the full game, while others raise them!

i believe if you bat good and bowl good you have much better matches and game also lasts longer

i was writing it quick shut up and comment o it not on writing

There's no need to be rude. The problem is when there are no paragraphs or punctuation, it is very hard to read without getting a headache - therefore it's also hard to comment on it.

Users who are viewing this thread