Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

I'm not sure if this deserves its own thread, so I'll just post it here:

What do you guys think can be fixed by P.C. members and what needs Transmission's help?

AI runout bug
AI pacing/aggressiveness
Incorrect bowling lengths
Poor sound
Unlicenced stumps/pitchads etc
Edges still sound a bit off, from what I've heard
Faces
Incorrect bowling speeds for medium fast and medium bowlers

Maybe by the time the patch comes out, I'll have my copy! :D

Yeah seems about right to me! I also still only play the extended demo so not sure whats been fixed in full version. At the moment the runout bug is obviously the biggest problem, hard mode has become so easy for me...getting the AI out for like 120 now, helped along with 4-5 runouts per innings! along with lame bowling speeds, these are the main issues.

And perhaps the bowlers' rating system - it seems a bit off to me. I mean I have siddle rated at 68 during the game, he takes 2 wickets in an over and his rating stays at 68!? Then he bowls a no-ball and his rating drops to 67! I really dont understand this sytem.

By the way...is it just me or is it way more difficult to get the tailenders out? I keep getting Strauss for under 5 and then at the end Swann, Panesar and Anderson scores more than the rest of the lineup!

Last edited:
Would personally like to hear something before the end of the weekend, will be taking it back on Monday if not.

Well, they would be unlikely to be working on a weekend. Interesting post though. Would be nice to hear something before Wednesday.

Seems you were so positive about the whole game before, including Tests. What do you feel has gone wrong?

I think its just require tweaking rather than any major changes, abvoiusly they codies/trans failed to pick up these during testings. A patch would be awosome.

I do agree with you but spending ?40 on a computer game is not exactly a casual thing for me and only buy a couple of games a year really. If I don't think they are worth it then I'll take them back.

The guys do seem friendly and approachable though and even if I do return the game I will keep an eye on any future cricket release they may produce.

One thing that did irk me though, was the interview with the devs that mentioned KP was playing the game and he said that his stats were wrong to one of the guys. They told him that it was because they were halfway through a series and that's why they have changed but this is nonsense. Stats are still very wrong when they flash up before the start of the bowlers over, has nothing to do with the point of the series that it occurs.

A couple of things:

Firstly, when the bowler's stats flash up, does it pertain to the current match (overs bowled, maidens, wickets taken, economy and so on), or does it do what it does in the demo, which is just put the career stats up? I mean, that's a great idea when a bowler first comes on, but after that, it should be the match stats, otherwise it's a bit pointless.

Secondly, which system do you buy games on? Either way, these days there is no need to pay ?40 for a single game. You could get some second hand (make sure you check the disc first - they're usually fine, but sometimes you get the odd really bad one; you can also trade old games in this way as well - don't bother selling for cash: you really don't get that much), buy online (that'll usually knock it down to around ?35 on consoles and as low as ?17.99 on PC, or do what I often do and hold fire for a month or so, as prices often come down a bit in that time.

Just trying to help; I hope I did. :)

i was writing it quick shut up and comment o it not on writing

Well we dont care what your excuse is...its impossible to read terrible comments like that because theres no punctuation. So like Masterblaster said....we're not going to comment on something which makes absolutely no sense. If you break your paragraph up into something legible we might WANT to read what you are saying - I personally stopped 2 lines into it because it is a hassle.

I think its just require tweaking rather than any major changes, abvoiusly they codies/trans failed to pick up these during testings. A patch would be awosome.

Precisely: tweaking, which is exactly what patches were designed for. Now, BLIC 2007 needed major changes - but this game doesn't, so I remain hopeful that the patch will help a lot. They do sometimes, you know, I remember Fifa 09 PC after the 2nd patch was a whole lot better. :)

I mean, if we can get a developer that works with us and listens to our feedback (it doesn't cost anyone anything), then this game should flourish and the rest of the series should be amazing.

MasterBlaster76 added 4 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

master blaster i dont remember talking to you

You weren't rude to me, but you did tell another member to shut up when he was only trying to help. Trust me: if someone's post is very long and has no punctuation or paragraphs, it is very hard to read; most people won't even bother. Anyway, why do you need to rush your posts? Take your time, add some punctuation and paragraphs, so we can properly respond to your thoughts. We're all on the same side here (you wanna see the Fifa PC forums - flame wars all the time!)

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

As far as the patch goes, I am feeling optimistic: I don't remember ever seeing a BLIC 2007 dev. here, let alone so soon after release.

These are the bugs which are a must for the 1st patch:

1) AI Runout.
2) out on freehit in ODI
3) Edges dont fly like real life.
4) Good length in real life is not good length in the game. I know it is important to pitch the ball up to get swing but good length area is of greater importance. All of us want to bowl those just short of good length to ponting from Freddie :) At the moment PC would smack anything other than full or yorker.

I just read something I didn't like: apparently, the AI doesn't run singles/twos/threes anymore, especially in Tests. Is this true? I really hope not, that was one of the things I really liked about the demo - the AI's running was good and aggressive (when they didn't get themselves out).

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

These are the bugs which are a must for the 1st patch:

1) AI Runout.
2) out on freehit in ODI
3) Edges dont fly like real life.
4) Good length in real life is not good length in the game. I know it is important to pitch the ball up to get swing but good length area is of greater importance. All of us want to bowl those just short of good length to ponting from Freddie :) At the moment PC would smack anything other than full or yorker.

I think that sounds right.

I just read something I didn't like: apparently, the AI doesn't run singles/twos/threes anymore, especially in Tests. Is this true? I really hope not, that was one of the things I really liked about the demo - the AI's running was good and aggressive (when they didn't get themselves out).

Erm..not true, simply not true.

I think some of you guys are pathetic with the stuff you're complaining about. Some people need to realise this is Transmissions Games first cricket game (don't go on about BLIC07 on the PSP) so this isn't going to be perfect. Its bloody good though and we'll worth ?18 or ?32. If TG can build on this, Ashes Cricket 2011 (I think I would be) will be amazing!!

Thing need tweaking, but not a whole lot needs changing as its pretty good.

I'd like to see a lot of things different in the next version, domestic cricket would be nice etc. but the thing is, we're all cricket fans, we've come to see that any games we get are few and far between. This is the best we've got, live with it.

Erm..not true, simply not true.

I think some of you guys are pathetic with the stuff you're complaining about. Some people need to realise this is Transmissions Games first cricket game (don't go on about BLIC07 on the PSP) so this isn't going to be perfect. Its bloody good though and we'll worth ?18 or ?32. If TG can build on this, Ashes Cricket 2011 (I think I would be) will be amazing!!

Thing need tweaking, but not a whole lot needs changing as its pretty good.

I'd like to see a lot of things different in the next version, domestic cricket would be nice etc. but the thing is, we're all cricket fans, we've come to see that any games we get are few and far between. This is the best we've got, live with it.

Oh, I'm not complaining - I'm only repeating something I saw in another part of the forum. If it's not true, then great! And yes, all it needs is tweaks - and that's what patches are designed for, not wholesale changes.

Remember, I haven't got the game yet and, thanks to my order taking its sweet time, there is a part of me that is beginning to wonder whether or not I should hold fire on this one for a bit, at least until we've seen what P.C. can do.

There you go:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/ashes-cricket-2009-forum/cpu-only-hits-4s-tests-57263.html

Someone opened a whole new thread about it.

It might just be him, I'm not going to call adthomp a lier, he's been here years and I respect him greatly for the work he did on C07.

I've got the Xbox version, and the AI runs all day. :)

Played my first match in Brisbane with India against South Africa.Managed to make 146 in 19 overs and the AI managed 130 in around 14 overs,all out. Really impressed with the overall graphics and the layout and stuff. The only problem I had is that the AI had six run outs while chasing,which is a real reason for worry. Hopefully there will be a patch out for that soon. And Harbhajan Singh does not even have a turban. :D :)

I've had them hit balls down to long on and not take any run, let alone the 3 that was on. It seems random. My own personal view is that they tried to fix the run out bug (as it is a lot better than it was in the demo), but have created this issue by doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread