Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

That's just weird...

It's still 23-1, now off of 14 overs, Jimmy bowling another maiden. That's every over he's bowled a maiden so far in this match.

The only thing I have done differently from normal is use a custom field setting after I got hit to the boundary twice. Since then, they've shut up shop.

I am bowling a good line and length and am 99.9% in the 'perfect' area in the bowling meter each time.

It's still 23-1, now off of 14 overs, Jimmy bowling another maiden. That's every over he's bowled a maiden so far in this match.

The only thing I have done differently from normal is use a custom field setting after I got hit to the boundary twice. Since then, they've shut up shop.

I am bowling a good line and length and am 99.9% in the 'perfect' area in the bowling meter each time.

When you say 'shut up shop', do you mean they're defending everything, or are they playing the odd shot/grabbing the odd single? If that's what they're doing, maybe we need to set custom fields all the time. I'm going to try that in the demo later to test the theory for myself.

I would suggest this game is better for ODI and 20/20 games. Which based on my own experience and reading back through this threads appear to be relatively realistic and lots of postive feedback.

For people who enjoy those formats they will find the game enjoyble, for the traditional test fan, i think they will be disappointed.

Lol this backs up my theory then!!... Custom fields appear to stuff the AI lol!

Now when i did this i stumpled accross an AI field that resulted in no scoring and just wickets to me !!:doh

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

When you say 'shut up shop', do you mean they're defending everything, or are they playing the odd shot/grabbing the odd single? If that's what they're doing, maybe we need to set custom fields all the time. I'm going to try that in the demo later to test the theory for myself.

Did you read my mammoth a bit ago lol? i went a bit crazy! Custom fields are an odd one! they can result in leaves and blocks every ball!!

In the ODI custom field resulted in blocks and leaves.... normal field but similar looking resulted in 1's taken the odd 4!

It's fascinating. They are defending and leaving nearly everything. Every now and again they will play a shot to a ball that is no different to the previous ones I am bowling. Hughes is 14 off of 49 (3 fours) and Ponting since he came in is 4 off of 12, his 4 coming from a solitary boundary.

Lol this backs up my theory then!!... Custom fields appear to stuff the AI lol!

Now when i did this i stumpled accross an AI field that resulted in no scoring and just wickets to me !!:doh

Maybe, will need a lot more testing. However, experience has shown me that any minute now they might just go mental!! We shall see :)

Maybe, will need a lot more testing. However, experience has shown me that any minute now they might just go mental!! We shall see

Keep me posted mate! Also what custom field have you set!

It could be the golden test match one, where they creep along odd wicket every now and then

Please be the case!!! :laugh

It could be the golden test match one, where they creep along odd wicket every now and then

When you say 'golden test match one', do you mean a realistic pacing one? Trouble is, doesn't that hand the advantage over to you when it's time to bat? If not, could you post a screenshot of that particular field so we can all try it?

lol :laugh

Well, after 17 overs Jimmy has an economy of 0.13 off of 8 :eek: Freddie is 4.33 off of 6 (slacker) and Broad 1.00 off of 3.

It's truly bizarre.

Ponting has started to flail a bit, trying to pull and hook outswingers bowled down the off side :facepalm and Hughes has just dissapeared into a shell of his usual self!

Yeah please post a screenie of the custom field your using.

That doesn't mean will settle for it, you who are watching us (they know who they are). If we can't ever change the field in order to keep the AI pacing properly, then it needs to be fixed.

Edit: Does it help with spinners?

If I had the nouse or technology to do that I would. Have no idea how to though? My digi camera is broken and my phone might as well be from the 70's :)

Quick update...

Hughes out c Collie b Freddie 14 (52)

He just played a shot completely out of character to the innings he was having as I guess he was totally frustrated. Was a dolly.

They are 30/2 off of 18 overs now.

I am doing the same! However i have kept it to a dafault field!

Now im consistently bowling in the yellow then stopping the meter on the yellow!

Standard procedure fine!

But after 10 overs they are 32-0

Now, when you bowl in the yellow consistently the bowlers begin to tire quickly especiall in the OZ heat!

As they get tired the AI begin to hit the odd well bowled yelllow ball! ticking them on nicely!

Fingers crossed i will find a way of playing this game that works!!

wealey88 added 3 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Bare with me people i will crack this lol!

Transmission banged on about the AI pacing in test matches being good!

Its there somewhere lol!....

Oh dear...

Bowling to Ponting with Jimmy from around the wicket. Wind blowing strongly to the off side.

Put every ball down as an outswinger, so by utilising the wind and trying to tempt Ricky into a cover drive to get an edge.

Every ball swung a long way away from him as planned but he tried to pull (:facepalm) every single one even though they were nowhere near him and swinging away to his offside!

Ok, this is definately a bug.

I have now bowled about 18 balls like this to Ricky and he has tried to pull every one, even though he misses every time and actually gets nowhere near it.

I know it's not a big deal as I'll never get him out like this so will have to stop bowling there, but he shouldn't be playing at these, just leaving them. Could be a cheat though if you need to restrict the AI in a game though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread