Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Of course is the iphone pictures ok!... Im determined to work this game out! They banged on about Tests being well paced, so im refusing they would just blatenly lie lol!!

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Fingers crossed! Bare with me!

Would people want me to keep them updated?!

Yea dude, I am checking in on this thread to read your updates, keep going, nice touch with the pictures too

yep that would be good

Check out the bowling stats!

Forgetting the test match today could they be more accurate!

Johnson and Watson going round the park!!:D

We have a breakthrough!! Johnson refreshed after lunch picks up Smith caught at point going on the drive! 119-1

Last edited:
Im determined to work this game out! They banged on about Tests being well paced, so im refusing they would just blatenly lie lol!!
Keep us posted. It would be great if we can find a way to crack AI's aggression in test matches.

What line/length are you bowling matey and are you using swing ?

Sounds like a proper test match, I envy you :crying:laugh

Hmmmm, what to say I was so excited to play this game and then...... hopes destroyed in an hour of playing.

To start with it was brilliant, bowling in the ashes as England vs Australia. They were going at about 2.7 runs per over after 10 with me bowling the majority full on the light green mark on hard mode. Now it is a little full, but I can pass this over if it gets realistic run rates. Then..... holy crap

Kattich decides that 2.7 runs is too slow so smashes every single ball of Broads first over all around the park. He then continues to play like a madman before getting out for 60 odd with about the same number of balls. Now Kattich never plays like this and the difference in his aggressiveness was so huge I have to put it down to a bug. It was like he was first off playing test match pace, then a script or something clicked in and he went into full on 20/20 slog mode.

Then I finally get him out with the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Put Swann on to bowl, survived a few boundry attempts by having a deep field then i get one to turn and bounch.... Kattich plays in completely the opposite way before being stumped while standing in his crease. I thought okay, bit weird but at least the madman has gone. Back to real test cricket? No way, Ponting comes out and smashes absolutely everything. Bowl full on the green mark outside off stump? He slogs over mid wicket. Bowl short, smashes for four. Bowl wide, 4 on the offside. Perfect timing every single damn time.

Now I was getting seriously annoyed. Ponting had raced to 50 in about 20 balls and the run rate which sat at a nice 2.7 early on was now on about 9. Hughes at the other end though got himself out after a attemping 2 runs from an obvious single, getting half way down then running back and run out. So Australia going at 9 in a test match and my 2 wickets coming from a bug and a run out :facepalm:crying

Next comes Hussey who I had moved to up to 4 from the ashes team page. First 3 balls go for 6,4,4 and that was enough for me, simulated the rest of the innings....

Now batting on the other hand is great fun, its just the bowling and more importantly the ai are so damn screwed its impossible to enjoy. Oh and seeing Hussey come on to bowl after 11 overs was also quite funny.

All in all a horrible start for this game, AI is horrendous but underneath it could actually be a decent game. Shame really :(

Check out the bowling stats!

Forgetting the test match today could they be more accurate!

Johnson and Watson going round the park!!:D

We have a breakthrough!! Johnson refreshed after lunch picks up Smith caught at point going on the drive! 119-1

Awesome! Can you PLEASE take some pics of the stats/graphs in the match? I havent seen any of it, its the only things in the game I dont know anything about....would be awesome if you could give some info on it or a pic of what you get when u select the stats/graphs thing

thanks!

Dinner guys will be back in 10!

South Africa 149/1 Both Smith and Mckenzie reach 50.

Smith gone

Amla on 6 (22)

Quick partnership stat for u!! must eat!

Attachments

• stats 001.JPG
    stats 001.JPG
    322.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
wow cool! what other stats are there?

There are more but blanked out in test at moment!.. They may be for ODI and 20/20 only ill keep checking!

Of course you get your spider graphs and hawkeye and pitch maps in the game!!

Back to the game lets see how it goes up untill tea!

Stay with me!

Dinner guys will be back in 10!

South Africa 149/1 Both Smith and Mckenzie reach 50.

Smith gone

Amla on 6 (22)

Quick partnership stat for u!! must eat!

which console are you playing on???????????
and is there difference in AI tackling the spinners and going crap in mid innings in every console???

which console are you playing on???????????
and is there difference in AI tackling the spinners and going crap in mid innings in every console???

Ps3,

Australia hitting back! Good pace bowing from Lee and Watson!

South Africa need to rebuild up untill tea!! Screen shots coming!

Just to say if ANYONE FROM TRANSMISSION IS WATCHING, the AI for some reason in middle order is for some reason far quicker! when number 1,2,3 get out 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 all feel they can play 20/20!

Attachments

• bowling 002.JPG
    bowling 002.JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 31
  • bowling 003.JPG
    bowling 003.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Woah, just now completed 1st innings in a test match. It was a real treat, batting as India I was playing against Pakistan and I was reduced to 10/5 in just 7 overs on hard mode. Shoaib took 3 wickets and Gul 2. I almost though I will fold up completely until Yuvraj and Tendulkar started the resurrection. Yuvraj was initially very shaky but after scoring his 50 became a beast smashing Shoaib for 5 boundaries in one over.
Tendulkar was sedate and just provided the required support for Yuvraj. Highlight of all shots was a straight drive from Tendulkar playing Shoaib. It was a treat to hit Shoaib all around the park :p

I declared on reaching 300 now I got to bowl :)
Overall the gameplay is awesome :)

Ps3,

Australia hitting back! Good pace bowing from Lee and Watson!

South Africa need to rebuild up untill tea!! Screen shots coming!

Just to say if ANYONE FROM TRANSMISSION IS WATCHING, the AI for some reason in middle order is for some reason far quicker! when number 1,2,3 get out 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 all feel they can play 20/20!

This seems to be the biggest problem, the openers and usually number 3 bat sensibly, then thee middle order either gets all out cheaply or bats at a 200+ strike rate

I'm a little annoyed that batsman don't seem to have weaknesses.

Hughes for example should be vulnerable against anything short and straight but he's not !

He pulled Freddie for two huge sixes :doh

Users who are viewing this thread