Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Interesting how, and I found this too, that the openers can be very good, in terms of run rate. Then 3, 4, 5, etc come in. It would suggest they've coded the AI to be cautious in the first 15-20 overs, but then to be more aggressive. Except they haven't got the right balance. Everyone is getting it though. Interesting from you too, Wealey. I'll have to fiddle with those.

Interesting how, and I found this too, that the openers can be very good, in terms of run rate. Then 3, 4, 5, etc come in. It would suggest they've coded the AI to be cautious in the first 15-20 overs, but then to be more aggressive. Except they haven't got the right balance. Everyone is getting it though. Interesting from you too, Wealey. I'll have to fiddle with those.

They are 245-5 going at 4.5 will is ok. Its was 3.5.

Now Boucher and Duminy are really frustrating me. Not being stupid but far to attacking no leaves etc!

Now the ball is very worn! The openers had strike rates of 50ish and 60ish!

Could it be the ball is old and doing nothing...still its bit too attacking! For some reason the Middle order is on speeed! still 10 overs till tea 245-5. Not Bad

Waaaait!.... My bowlers were knackered... Watson on... 6 leaves and a maiden! Watson fresh as a daisy!

Last edited:
Just had it crash on me, as can be seen in the bugs thread. Unluckily for me I only save at the start of an innings or day's play and this happened right at the end.

Luckily for me, Game have a refund policy.

Well Tea finally!

South Africa 274/6

Very enjoyable session! Middle order much more attacking!! However i stuck Watson on who was fresh as a daisy and they went back to knocking it around test match style again!

The commentator mentioned something bout old soft ball!

So rested the quicks! 20 overs to the new ball!

Heres some screen shots! Of what has been to be honest i cracking game so far!

Interesting after tea!... A timid Lee is struggling to contain a fearless Duminy! However a fearless Watson is bowling maidens!!

I started to panic when the middle order predictable assult began.. but it soon died down once i thought about it!

Ask questions guys if you want! im purely doing this to find an enjoyable way for everyone to play their tests! ODI's seem ok!

But the purist like a good old test!:D

Attachments

• tea 001.JPG
    tea 001.JPG
    346.2 KB · Views: 32
  • tea 002.JPG
    tea 002.JPG
    346.3 KB · Views: 34
  • tea 003.JPG
    tea 003.JPG
    335.9 KB · Views: 36
  • me 001.JPG
    me 001.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Don't worry about it - I don't know how to do it either...

Take screenshots, that is, I know how to post them! :)

MasterBlaster76 added 5 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Keep us posted. It would be great if we can find a way to crack AI's aggression in test matches.

Surely that will require some kind of gameplay patch, either by us, or by Transmission?

Dinner guys will be back in 10!

South Africa 149/1 Both Smith and Mckenzie reach 50.

Smith gone

Amla on 6 (22)

Quick partnership stat for u!! must eat!

Did that partnership graph come up automatically, or did you bring it up yourself? Do they come up automatically sometimes, apart from 25/50/100/150 and so on, or the scoreboard when a wicket falls?

Just had it crash on me, as can be seen in the bugs thread. Unluckily for me I only save at the start of an innings or day's play and this happened right at the end.

Luckily for me, Game have a refund policy.

What, you're taking it back just because it crashed? As for not saving, you should save regularly, no matter what game you're playing; or indeed if you're working on something. PCs can fall over at random for no given reason (as can consoles), so always save often.

just finished my the first ashes test me as england won the toss and scored 650 with pitersen scoring 405:eek: last wicket stand of 190 with andersen:eek: then some how manged to bowl aus out for 50 and then 125 so it was a very big win loving this game:D

Well Well... What a game so far!

I have sat here all afternoon and really thought about this match and put effort into it!!

Slightly Sad! But I know you guys appeciate the feedback!

South Africa 336-7 after 80 overs! New Ball? Yes please! Rested Lee and Johson so they are ready to fire!

North part time spinner, got me a breakthrough but got smashed while Boucher was flying! Tbh North was timid and bowled poo!

Duminy got on top, but when a refreshed confident bowler came on! He went back into his shell! He took all tired timid bowlers apart!

Heres the screenies!! Run rate works out at 4.3, however minus 31 out of this due to my no balls and they are going at 3.8!

J.P has played awsomely knowcking the ball around and hitting the odd cracker for 4!

Just a quick note, on Botha innings god knows his spelling (apologies) 1 run off 71 balls!! however he seemed very content to let J.P continue on his merry way!!! Odd but genious if done on purpose, because as he came out it was said a partnership is needed!

Attachments

• test 001.JPG
    test 001.JPG
    357.6 KB · Views: 27
  • test 002.JPG
    test 002.JPG
    356.8 KB · Views: 14
  • test 003.JPG
    test 003.JPG
    323.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
lol at Botha 1(71) if thats not slow enough for you guys then I do not know what is

Hey Wealy just out of curiosity have you been able to play games online or join a game online? Me and Sureshot have been trying to have a private match on PS3 with each other but keep getting the error unable to connect.

Could this be issue on the PS3 server? Xbox users seem fine

Users who are viewing this thread