Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Rite well let me start off by saying if I could wrap this Test Match up and pass it onto the rest of you I really would! Its been perfect with everything!!

Even Lee cleaning bowling the AI! A very stubborn AI in Botha lol!

South Africa 359-7 Stumps on day 1!
Also noticed a beautifull innings from Duminy went very defensive at the end to preserve his wicket so was there on Day 2!

Ending the day with a run rate of 3.9 is perfect for me!.... 1 Dropped Catch but that was Boucher.

Very Flat Batting Paradise says the Commentator!

Attachments

• stumps 001.JPG
    stumps 001.JPG
    365.6 KB · Views: 10
  • stumps 002.JPG
    stumps 002.JPG
    384.6 KB · Views: 10
  • stumps 003.JPG
    stumps 003.JPG
    362.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
The clean bowled by Lee was it actually have a good length ball or full ball?

The clean bowled by Lee was it actually have a good length ball or full ball?

Wait for it.... wait for it.... lol!

Reverse swing!! it just tailed in and the AI left it as it hit top of off!!

Looked like a normal decent length!

What you think of the scorecards?!

Wait for it.... wait for it.... lol!

Reverse swing!! it just tailed in and the AI left it as it hit top of off!!

Looked like a normal decent length!

What you think of the scorecards?!

I remember you saying you was constantly bowling out AI for around 100, so what has changed this test?

It looks much better looks like proper 1st days play. Maybe if they where only 4-5 wickets down then it would have been perfect

I remember you saying you was constantly bowling out AI for around 100, so what has changed this test?

Basiacally i was customising my field too much! The AI seem to go mental to some fields!

Hidden in this game, somewhere is a good test match Engine!!

wealey88 added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Maybe if they where only 4-5 wickets down then it would have been perfect

That would of been a hard days work!!... Hopefully Tidy up before lunch day 2!!

Basiacally i was customising my field too much! The AI seem to go mental to some fields!

Hidden in this game, somewhere is a good test match Engine!!

Surely that a slight contradiction. AI going mental against certain fields is not indicative of a good test match engine :D

It's good you are trying to find ways of slowing down the AI run rate but assuming you are using standard test match tactics when it comes to line and length etc you shouldn't have to only use certain fields.

@wealey

How the heck did you manage to play a full day of cricket without the AI running itself out? I mean NONE of your wickets are run outs that very cool! I still play the demo and get min 5 wickets due to crap AI running!

Well i need to go to bed!!

But what a difference a Days break makes!

The Aussies all freshened up and Lee and Siddle came out Guns Blazing!

Duminy Continued to play well and stroke the ball nicely!

Morkel was timid and looks uneasy! Siddle Hit him twice with 2 well directed bouncers! The 3rd one being fended off to Gully!

Duminy started to play more freely with the tail and Snicked Lee to the Slips... Before Lee wrapped up proceedings with Steyn caught in the slips after a few nicks over the keepers head!!

A freshened and Confident Lee and Siddle to hot to handle on Day 2 :D

In answer to the fielding question, i just meant there are certain fields that i stumbled on that the AI dont no what to do and get out to easy! It was a custom one i made thats all! Which i wont make again as it exploits a little big!

Now my turn to bat!! On still a good but wearing Sydney Deck!!

Run Rate 3.8 for the Innings obv with alot of no Balls!

Australia 20-1,
Katich c Haddin b Steyn 8

Somehow inside edged it!

Attachments

• end 001.JPG
    end 001.JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 17
  • end 002.JPG
    end 002.JPG
    385.9 KB · Views: 24
  • end 003.JPG
    end 003.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Im telling from the demo experience only, that initially when I got the demo, I didnt know where to ball, or I didnt know that a good length is too full in this game (as well all know now). But just yesterday I realized that bowling that full length(which is good length in the game) and at the most perfect segment of the bowling meter(i.e right under the no-ball one) constantly, will get the batsmen to play A VERY REASONABLE TEST INNINGS. I have tried doing several times and have found that the AI neither plays aggressively(as a lot of you guys are suggesting) nor am I able to get them for under 100 so easily(infact far from doing that).

I dont' know but if guys who are playing the full version are bowling "perfectly" and varying thier lines/lengths "slightly" or not? Coz i have done that in the demo and am looking forward to get similar results(without run-outs) in the full version. Hopefully.

Ok playing an ODI India vs New Zealand. I was India Decided to bowl first after wining the too. New Zealand started well infact going at 7 RPO but kept on loosing wickets and ended up 177 all out in 30 overs. 2 run outs the last wicket was of a direct hit. Rest were all Caught and some caught behinds.

Ok playing an ODI India vs New Zealand. I was India Decided to bowl first after wining the too. New Zealand started well infact going at 7 RPO but kept on loosing wickets and ended up 177 all out in 30 overs. 2 run outs the last wicket was of a direct hit. Rest were all Caught and some caught behinds.

I still haven't had a single caught behind to the keeper in the demo.

But just yesterday I realized that bowling that full length(which is good length in the game) and at the most perfect segment of the bowling meter(i.e right under the no-ball one) constantly, will get the batsmen to play A VERY REASONABLE TEST INNINGS.

It sorta saps some of the joy out of the game tho doesn't it? I mean, sure, some guys you want to hit the perfect line and length time after time. But in other games the conditions are better for you to go short and blast them out. A good line and length at Lahore is different to the one in Sydney. A good line and length from Shaun Pollock is different to that from Harmison. A good line and length for Phil Hughes is different to the one for Ponting. Etc etc.

I haven't got the game yet so I can't comment beyond the theoretical, but I just really dislike being told "bowl at this speed and put the ball here and you'll be fine". It's too simple. It's too predictable when cricket, especially test cricket, is anything but. There has to be that variety.

Users who are viewing this thread